Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you think will win the 2022 MLB World Series?
This poll is closed.
Mariners 32 20.65%
Blue Jays 13 8.39%
Rays 2 1.29%
Guardians 9 5.81%
Yankees 13 8.39%
Astros 12 7.74%
Phillies 10 6.45%
Braves 13 8.39%
Dodgers 22 14.19%
Padres 12 7.74%
Mets 10 6.45%
Cardinals 7 4.52%
Total: 155 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Do you think Scherzer is still rattled from that time a relief pitcher (Daniel Camarena who was called up that day) hit a Grand Slam off him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
yes

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Good

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

listening to playoff baseball

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

bees x1000 posted:

listening to playoff baseball

:hai:

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Watching my favorite guys, Jon "Boog" Sciambi and Doug Granville

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
You know I miss it when you used to get a pirated stream and it was some dude in a Wisconsin suburb streaming his cable connection so all the commercials were fuckin wild and bizarre.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I liked when it was someone who made his own commercials like when I'd watch nba streams and the streamer has created these weird custom Bargnani commercials for Primo Pasta

e: yes I know Bargnani was actually endorsed by Primo but he'd create these weird versions like his nba profile picture standing behind a pot wearing a chef's hat while cans of pasta sauce erupted from the pot

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 8, 2022

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

You know I miss it when you used to get a pirated stream and it was some dude in a Wisconsin suburb streaming his cable connection so all the commercials were fuckin wild and bizarre.

Lol, I know this is off topic, but I love your username and av.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently nobody wants to win this game?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Intruder posted:

I liked when it was someone who made his own commercials like when I'd watch nba streams and the streamer has created these weird custom Bargnani commercials for Primo Pasta

e: yes I know Bargnani was actually endorsed by Primo but he'd create these weird versions like his nba profile picture standing behind a pot wearing a chef's hat while cans of pasta sauce erupted from the pot

thanks for reminding me that this commercial exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gQVP7VIXZg

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

The day kayfabe died.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

IcePhoenix posted:

So good lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

It's a great commercial, too bad Kane turned out to be a shithead chud who gave out the home addresses of school board members when they madated masks in schools during covid

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The Mariners have won more playoff games than Mike Trout has during the same duration of his career.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

IcePhoenix posted:

Ohmygod that VO guy. Seared into my memory

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Guardians please crush the Yankees.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Popete posted:

This would please me

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I haven’t followed baseball much this year but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKDjis1fg8E

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1578854530200252416?s=46&t=qdD32oGU7pYKdCiZK-QbhQ

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Popete posted:

:hmmyes:

Unfortunately Cleveland needs to score runs to do that.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Guardians / Rays with a preview of the Mets offensive output later tonight.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

We were one batter away from Gimenez getting to 6 :argh:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Super Jay Mann posted:

We were one batter away from Gimenez getting to 6 :argh:

Is there a name for that?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

UNLEASH THE MIDGES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_GJse-anfk

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Intruder posted:

Is there a name for that?

Oddly enough, it’s called a Horn, named after when Sam Horn did it in 1991. Extra funny because he was neither the first nor the last to do it but his manager called it a Horn after the game and it stuck.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

This remains just a supremely weird moment

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

seeing the midges crawling over Joba's neck and face still gives me the willies

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I can't see the word Midge and not hear Moe Sysliak's voice.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

does not feel early to say, starting times aside maybe, the three-game single-host wild card round has been a success

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

elentar posted:

does not feel early to say, starting times aside maybe, the three-game single-host wild card round has been a success

Agree, it's been great. Hopefully we see a couple of game 3s tomorrow

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
One thing that is funny is that cheating astros, despite being the 1 seed in the AL have a MUCH harder matchup than the yankees do. The guardians/rays are 2 terrible teams and far inferior to the either the jays or m's.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

elentar posted:

I've really enjoyed all days worth of stress free baseball, hope more of these games go to 3 game series

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mcmagic posted:

One thing that is funny is that cheating astros, despite being the 1 seed in the AL have a MUCH harder matchup than the yankees do. The guardians/rays are 2 terrible teams and far inferior to the either the jays or m's.

What? Cleveland has been white hot lately I'm thrilled we don't have to deal with them.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Yanks to be swept confirmed

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
If Cleveland wins a World Series, there is going to be a fire breathing Jose Ramirez statue alongside the future LeBron one once he retires.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MrMidnight posted:

Yanks to be swept confirmed

The Yankees might lose because they aren't any good either but Cleveland has 1 good hitter on the whole team.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'd be fine with Cleveland winning as a reward for ditching the old logo and name

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
loving lmao keep crying about the Astros cheating when the Yankees did the same bullshit my god truly america's team the biggest most fragile group of babies

edit: guardians sweep braves in 4 to demonstrate the power of atonement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

loving lmao keep crying about the Astros cheating when the Yankees did the same bullshit my god truly america's team the biggest most fragile group of babies

edit: guardians sweep braves in 4 to demonstrate the power of atonement

lol