Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I guess her body type is a tad thiccer than the typical skeltal Hollywood starlet, but thats a very good thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Failed Imagineer posted:

I guess her body type is a tad thiccer than the typical skeltal Hollywood starlet, but thats a very good thing

mucho agreedo

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

nice. this conversation rules

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

“Stocky” wtf, she just weighs slightly more than 100 pounds. Is your girlfriend actually a modeling executive from the 90s?

Anyway, Florence Pugh always kills it so I’m very much looking forward to seeing her and Christopher Walken.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
She's a good actor, and this whole conversation is p gross.

2nd level spells
Apr 3, 2022
still hoping this production recreates Sting's iron speedo

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Ah cool a bunch of new posts, maybe there's been some news about the sequel or the HBO sho– :chloe:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/berbsnspices/status/1578021935685898242?t=inQWIfsGcenTYe3LK-O40Q&s=19

Be more like Boomhauer

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Spice Bloom-hauer.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Grandpa Palpatine has fallen into Abomination, and become fully possessed by the living memory of Bust Rodd

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Ah cool a bunch of new posts, maybe there's been some news about the sequel or the HBO sho– :chloe:

Yeah, exactly.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I'm now imagining koth/dune and no one can stop me.

Just saying harkonnen with the same venom as thatherton

"I sell water and water accessories"

"Everyone knows the sardukar are actually a race of lizards that the first emperor of mankind tamed and rode into battle Hank"

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

wizardofloneliness posted:

“Stocky” wtf, she just weighs slightly more than 100 pounds. Is your girlfriend actually a modeling executive from the 90s?

Or Timothee Chalamet? :downsrim:

Honestly it's Walken who I have trouble picturing as the character, but I'm sure he'll be fine.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Yeah Walken isn't anything like what I imagined for the emperor, but he also is a fantastic actor and he's very capable of the personality.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Pugh is pretty flawless casting for Irulan, she can do both "over-her-head pawn used by the men surrounding her" and also "ruthless schemer" very well.

Agree that Walken was not what I was expecting at all but I have faith that he will be perfect for the version of the character they're bringing to the screen, same as Momoa and Brolin.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
I hope we don't just get another Max Zorn outta Walken. I hope he fuckin nails it.

I can see why Villeneuve put him in it. Most people watching aren't going to know about the spice providing youthfulness and anti-aging properties.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Martman posted:

Grandpa Palpatine has fallen into Abomination, and become fully possessed by the living memory of Bust Rodd

I don't understand this reference, but a lot of you folks just love making a big deal out of the most benign poo poo.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

I don't understand this reference, but a lot of you folks just love making a big deal out of the most benign poo poo.

I mean thread necromancy just to say "my wife doesn't like an actress's body" is a big lol.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

what in the got dang bene gesserit

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Bugblatter posted:

I mean thread necromancy just to say "my wife doesn't like an actress's body" is a big lol.

I was saying that she was really good in Don't Worry Darling and that I'm looking forward to seeing her as a thirsting lil bratty Princess Irulian.

edit: seriously go see Don't Worry Darling. It's great. Avoid spoilers.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Bust Rodd is a poster on the Something Awful Forums.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Bust Rodd is a poster on the Something Awful Forums.

hosed up if true

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I was saying that she was really good in Don't Worry Darling and that I'm looking forward to seeing her as a thirsting lil bratty Princess Irulian.

edit: seriously go see Don't Worry Darling. It's great. Avoid spoilers.

are you bust rodd. serious question

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

There's no satellites over Something Awful. Bust Rodd will be banned in the dark.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

kalel posted:

are you bust rodd. serious question

No. I have no idea who the hell that is.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009
It was a weird loving post

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Conrad_Birdie posted:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
The only thing that's weird is that y'all continue to comment on it. I thought Florence Pugh was great in that movie, so I posted about it. Literally loving deal with it...

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

The only thing that's weird is that y'all continue to comment on it. I thought Florence Pugh was great in that movie, so I posted about it. Literally loving deal with it...

Conrad_Birdie posted:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I thought Florence Pugh was great in that movie, so I posted about it.

That was not what got you a measly six hour probe.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Yea let's keep talking about it. Do you want some fan fiction as well?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

We've got Brian for our Dune fan fiction, thank you very much

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Anywho, so apparently they are finished filming DUNC 2: Spice Control?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

But Villeneuve hasn’t invited me to see the assembly cut yet? Rude.

As an aside, one year after the initial release, Dune is getting its fourth IMAX re-release in Korea. Even with 4 screens in Seoul, each of which has many showings per day, it's still hard to reserve ideal seats even for a 2 am showing that's almost a week out.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 12, 2022

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Release set for early November 2023!

https://www.ign.com/articles/dune-part-two-release-date-pushed-forward?amp=1

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Bugblatter posted:

As an aside, one year after the initial release, Dune is getting its fourth IMAX re-release in Korea. Even with 4 screens in Seoul, each of which has many showings per day, it's still hard to reserve ideal seats even for a 2 am showing that's almost a week out.

Koreans know what the fucks up

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
DENIS needs to release an extended cut seriously

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

His insistence on one single finished cut is something I admire about him. It would be nice if his banquet scene leaked some day, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Bugblatter posted:

His insistence on one single finished cut is something I admire about him. It would be nice if his banquet scene leaked some day, though.

He made one???

Not with the emperor though, right?