Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
superior choices only
yoshotography
yosotography
yostography
yosography
yosgraphy
yosraphy
View Results

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
yo i think that tabs starting to hit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

Corla Plankun posted:

fins just casually dropped this in another thread and it slaps

look at the rhythm of the layers, the diversity of textures, jfc its really good

wow, thanks! just a drunken phone photo from just outside my workshop. you encouraged me to finally dust off the dslr (and order a new battery), so i hope to get a pic worthy of that description in a couple of weeks!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
love the support we’re all showing each other here

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

yo i think that tabs starting to hit

I like it, I like things like this

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

An extremely tiny mushroom is growing in a moss bucket on my balcony. There's so much diversity of moss growing in this little 4 inch plastic flowerpot

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

xpost crow

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sick

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Oh I have some photos I took of the ducks recently:

1/400s exposure at f/7.1 and ISO640

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
gosh those are some wonderful textures in that last duck

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

thanks

Video Nasty posted:

Oh I have some photos I took of the ducks recently:

sick

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

what up

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sandwiching together the old vaseline on UV filter and a crisscross star pattern filter, which conveniently keeps the vaseline from getting touched, and using it as an old school soft glow filter with sparkles lol

instantly degrades the quality of my lens and camera

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

straight off camera

nice

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
very nice all

heres from when i attached a canon ef lens to the pentax q. some crazy optical distortion

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

btw this is what that sort of attachment looks like:

kinda wish i didn't sell my silver/black body but it's plastic anyway and i'm happy with the flat black either way :shrug:

nurrwick
Jul 5, 2007

beeftweeter, that background is buck wild. i love it.

pokejoe, i love your crowfriend, it's doing a great job... bringing you stuff?

video nasty, your standing duck is wonderful

echi, keep playin with filters. nobody does that poo poo anymore, but i still laugh and clap my hands when cinematographers use split diopters in frame.

i went out after work today as it's gotten cool, and i had set out with the hope of getting some macro-scale photography done, as i used to love it and have a hankering to do more. i took my 100/2.8 macro and a flash and cable with me so I could attempt to add some light one-handed while i monopod-stabilized the camera. all that was fine, though the wind tried its best to ruin the experience and reminded me i should take two flashes and also not go when it's windy. honestly the picture i just like the most out of today's stash, though, is the one i got of really strikingly-lit fern buds.

i did get to spend some time pointed at this common green darner. this is the best full-body framing i got; either the wind or my poor bracing practice got the rest of the shots, but this one is mostly acceptable

once i got the flash out, it was a bit easier to trap focus

i think keeping a diffuser on the flash will help smooth out the lighting on the up close things where the extra light is necessary. it's possible i could relax it a bit in post, too. i don't know. i had issues with series of frames coming in dark, which may be because i haven't tried using my flashes or their eneloops in a while, but i see it as now i have reason to go back out and try again!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

lmao

Also, I tried catching a butterfly mid-snack:

1/400s shutter, f/7.1 ISO-100

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

A Facebook reminder from 2015 - combining flash with a slightly longer shutter speed can produce some fun effects (also you basically have to do this, or else its long shutter to capture the trails but blurred faces from the movement, or short shutter to capture the performer but the poi trails don't show up and you get a very boring act)

Water / ripples are always fun to shoot

(2013~ish)

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

click for huge https://i.ibb.co/30SDyVm/DSCF1300-2.jpg

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

:eyepop: this is beautiful

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Great shot! I got a bug party on some milkweed thistle the other day.

Absolutely gorgeous.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

god drat this is one of the best landscape shots i've ever seen

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

*quotes every post*

:nice:

nurrwick
Jul 5, 2007

Corla Plankun posted:

god drat this is one of the best landscape shots i've ever seen

like… god drat, though

Video Nasty posted:

Great shot! I got a bug party on some milkweed thistle the other day.

hell yeah milkweed party

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’m off this morning to do a shoot with a local comedian, some headshots. never shot a dude before. no reason to assume it’d be any different except for some reason there’s just a lot of photo stuff that feels awkward with dudes that doesn’t with chicks. surely it’s just decades of internalised sexism or something inside me. hopefully tho regardless I get plenty of pics and the dude likes the results. he’s funny

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Oh, mama, mama, mama
I just shot a man down
In central station
In front of a big ol' crowd

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

echinopsis posted:

i’m off this morning to do a shoot with a local comedian, some headshots. never shot a dude before. no reason to assume it’d be any different except for some reason there’s just a lot of photo stuff that feels awkward with dudes that doesn’t with chicks. surely it’s just decades of internalised sexism or something inside me. hopefully tho regardless I get plenty of pics and the dude likes the results. he’s funny

it's just like shooting women, just go with what looks good. you can still find someone attractive without it being sexual, dude, c'mon

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Beeftweeter posted:

it's just like shooting women, just go with what looks good. you can still find someone attractive without it being sexual, dude, c'mon

maybe you can, but echi?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Pi1fljNyY

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lmao good point

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

lol who said anything about anything being sexual

i’ve just noted that for myself when I see male model stuff it feels “cheesy” or “cringe”, when I’ve asked myself if the same thing would feel cringe if
it was a chick and I concluded it wouldn’t, so i’m just noting this discrepancy in my own thinking

turns out it’s you who is trying to sexualise my posts

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

maybe you can, but echi?

I have renounced my gennies i am a spiritual eunuch

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

you can take the phone out of a man's hand but you can never extract the cake from his mind

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

what are you point at

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echis post

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

weird that it's above a river

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I actually got into that pool of water for that photo

watuary is a passion of mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

echinopsis posted:

I actually got into that pool of water for that photo

watuary is a passion of mine

thats you?