Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
gently caress zimbra and gently caress you all for reminding me of it. it’s not funny tech poo poo it’s bad tech poo poo :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL2IkJ1P_H0

the only zimbra that i recognize :colbert:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my surname is brown and when I was a kid people would call me browneye lmao

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

we were assigned usernames when I went to college -- first initial, middle initial, first four of last name, and a 2 digit number. John W Smith might be jwsmit01. 0's used for padding anywhere a name didn't fit. I felt bad for some of the Chinese students with usernames like y0yu0023.

the last two universities i've worked for allowed you to choose your username when you first started though. i came really close to being pinball@ last go round.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what is it about you kids and pinball

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
theyre miracles of intensely clever mechanical and electrical engineering

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

echinopsis posted:

what is it about you kids and pinball

for me it was the scantily clad ladies on the backglass

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i like it when they light up because the ball hits something. it makes a noise. lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

the ball hits something. it makes a noise.

this happens to me too

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

this happens to me too
what about the "lighting up" part?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

FMguru posted:

usually

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

FMguru posted:

[Interior train, we see Boris Badenov outside pass by the window while being electrified]

Bullwinkle J. Moose: Hey, Rocky! I think we may be next to the club car!
Rocket J. "Rocky" Squirrel: Why do you say that, Bullwinkle?
Bullwinkle: I just saw a feller go by who was all lit up!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
hahaha fuckin' bullwinkle lmbo :xd:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i watched tom and jerry somewhere earlier, and jerry smokes tom. literally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KESvvPiudc0

lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
that is probably singlehandedly responsible for my handrolling streak i had for 3-4 years there

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Beeftweeter posted:

i watched tom and jerry somewhere earlier, and jerry smokes tom. literally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KESvvPiudc0

lol

good job switching their names

either you are 180 years old or youre 20

Jonny 290 posted:

that is probably singlehandedly responsible for my handrolling streak i had for 3-4 years there

i tried for a while but gettin papers & tobacco seprately became too much of a job.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol actually i was high as poo poo

i mean come on look at the clip. lmao

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I remermber some old disney thing where mickey donald and maybe goofy go up the beanstalk and doesnt the giant roll up one of them??

those old mickey/donald cartoons were the best. my kids used to watch them on youtube, hours of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPlY3a7dMU

the best one ^^

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

echinopsis posted:

I remermber some old disney thing where mickey donald and maybe goofy go up the beanstalk and doesnt the giant roll up one of them??

those old mickey/donald cartoons were the best. my kids used to watch them on youtube, hours of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPlY3a7dMU

the best one ^^

:lol: i am still very high

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

also it is super hosed up that mickey is goofy's owner :stare: lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

also it is super hosed up that mickey is goofy's owner :stare: lol

mickey owns pluto, not goofy. unless there is some joke or subtlety i am not getting.

pluto and goofy are both dogs, i think, but pluto can't talk. is he self-aware? is he a different species from goofy? if they are the same species of cartoon dog, is pluto disabled, or is goofy unusually gifted? things to consider

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

mickey owns pluto, not goofy. unless there is some joke or subtlety i am not getting.

pluto and goofy are both dogs, i think, but pluto can't talk. is he self-aware? is he a different species from goofy? if they are the same species of cartoon dog, is pluto disabled, or is goofy unusually gifted? things to consider

i know, but in the clip he certainly acts like it. since it's pretty clearly really old i thought maybe he was at some point, because, well. lol

i haven't watched most of this poo poo in like 30 years though so idk

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Carthag Tuek posted:

i tried for a while but gettin papers & tobacco seprately became too much of a job.

what sort of loose tobacco are you buying what doesn't come with a pack of papers

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
https://youtu.be/c0HoIqIT39Y

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Jonny 290 posted:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

post hole digger posted:

what sort of loose tobacco are you buying what doesn't come with a pack of papers

lol look at this guy with his fancy free papers

i've never actually seen that

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

i know, but in the clip he certainly acts like it. since it's pretty clearly really old i thought maybe he was at some point, because, well. lol

yer high

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

you're not wrong

but he also makes him do manual labor, keeps him on a leash, makes him wait for dinner and calls him to the table by whistling. idk they could all just be jokes about dogs generally i guess. that might be a bit charitable to the past though

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Beeftweeter posted:

lol look at this guy with his fancy free papers

i've never actually seen that

American spirits and Bali shag both did when I was younger. idk about now. probably not any more, but that's just joe bidens America for you.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

you're not wrong

but he also makes him do manual labor, keeps him on a leash, makes him wait for dinner and calls him to the table by whistling. idk they could all just be jokes about dogs generally i guess. that might be a bit charitable to the past though

what clip did you watch? the one i just watched had no lease, a triangle to call for breakfast, and everyone eating together?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

post hole digger posted:

American spirits and Bali shag both did when I was younger. idk about now. probably not any more, but that's just joe bidens America for you.

lol i haven't rolled tobacco since like 2010. back then in boston or nyc bali didn't come with anything (never seen loose american spirit), but i didn't exactly seek it out much either. still, a lot of friends did and were always complaining about having to buy something extra anyway lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

nudgenudgetilt posted:

what clip did you watch? the one i just watched had no lease, a triangle to call for breakfast, and everyone eating together?

the one echi posted. lol i was watching the thumbnail, it's not a leash. that was his tail (yes i am blind)

well, still. mickey serves donald, but not goofy. i also thought that was a whistle, but i guess not. they are together though!

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

the only thing that really jumped out at me after watching it again was the watermelon bit. i guess him sleeping in the car rather than having a bunk could also be a thing. if anything i'm a little surprised there isn't *more* overt racism in a cartoon from the 1940s

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

yeah honestly i was thinking i'm probably reading too much into that but ran with it anyway lol. i don't think that its off the mark entirely, but yeah. it's old. lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah bugler and top both come with a pack of papes

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Carthag Tuek posted:

I confused the hell out of who was who until my kids watched one that had a letter to Jerry signed TOM CAT. now it makes sense.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

mlyp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

echinopsis posted:

i know the scene very well

SMOOOKE HEHE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t141aYP5yg