Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

What's his PWI rating tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

xbilkis posted:

TONY NO YOU DON'T HAVE TO SIGN MATT TAVEN AND MIKE BENNET JUST BECAUSE TRIPLE H IS INTERESTED IN THEM!!! TONY THERE ARE ENOUGH GUYS ON THE ROSTER ALREADY!!!! IT'S FUN WHEN YOU PUT TOGETHER LOW-CARD FACTIONS LIKE THE TRUST BUSTERS AND EVEN TONY NESE+SMART MARK BECAUSE THEY AT LEAST LEND THEMSELVES TO JOKES, BUT THESE GUYS ARE JUST WRESTLERS THAT ARE SLIGHTLY WORSE AND SIGNIFICANTLY BLANDER THAN THE MEDIAN AEW PERFORMER!!!!!

If Matt and Mike were stipulations for getting Maria, then it's worth it. :colbert:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
What if Taven is there just long enough for Jericho to beat him as part of his "I'm gonna beat all the past ROH champions" gimmick and then fucks off to the Island of Irrelevance or whatever it was

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Drakkel posted:

What if Taven is there just long enough for Jericho to beat him as part of his "I'm gonna beat all the past ROH champions" gimmick and then fucks off to the Island of Irrelevance or whatever it was

That would suck I hope he's signed.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Taven? Great pickup. Always the standout in every company he’s in. Don’t look at my post history

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
Listen TK, I was willing to go along and find the good in a lot of stuff. Dan Lambert, the Sammy G/Scorpio Sky feud, not putting the belt on Jaime Hayter yet, I could stomach.

Matt Taven is a bridge too far.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Taven? Great pickup. Always the standout in every company he’s in. Don’t look at my post history

He's headlined Madison Square Garden!

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Gumball Gumption posted:

And Arena Mexico!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

He didn't though, that was the Catalyst of Pro Wrestling Switchblade Jay White!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

He signed them because they rule and Matt Taven was in the 4th best match of 2022.

What match is this?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

What match is this?

El Mesias, Kenny King, Lince Dorado, Matt Taven, Oraculo, Robbie Eagles, Rocky Romero & Tiger Mask vs. Atlantis Jr., El Soberano Jr., Mistico, Stuka Jr., Templario, Titan, Ultimo Guerrero & Volador Jr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqrUAo9x7_8

Skip to like half an hour in when you see the army come out.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

seeing yet more slander for the only wrester ever to win world titles in the Tokyo Dome, Arena Mexico and Madison Square Garden

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

flatluigi posted:

for christmas i'm asking santa for people to stop getting so mad about roh

Make the wish now, my madness is tearing me apart!!!!!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Taven Maven’s win yet again, Taven Cravens in the mud.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Still not sure if it's pronounced Taven or Taven

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
AEW has officially jumped the shark. Matt Taven?! The Cerebral Assassin fleeced TK.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Matt Taven in the fourth best match surrounded by that talent has big EC3 in the NXT ladder match energy

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lid posted:

Matt Taven in the fourth best match surrounded by that talent has big EC3 in the NXT ladder match energy

But Johnny Ace has a 5 star match, no don't ask who the other 3 guys were.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

adam cole might not be undisputed but it sounds like his Kingdom is back together

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Doing the face Homer does when Bart gets the dud, at the news of Matt Taven being All Elite

https://youtu.be/RNO1mb6NkEI

JOHN CENA posted:

adam cole might not be undisputed but it sounds like his Kingdom is back together

God bless us, everyone

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

flatluigi posted:

for christmas i'm asking santa for people to stop getting so mad about roh

I'm asking santa to give ROH a show on myNetworkTV, Tubi, pluto, cable access, anything to get these people off AEW

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tato posted:

I'm asking santa to give ROH a show on myNetworkTV, Tubi, pluto, cable access, anything to get these people off AEW

The Ocho has go away heat :(

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tato posted:

I think this mindset is completely alien to me. They’re mostly very good wrestlers attached to ROH, there’s literally no difference between them and the AEW-exclusive wrestlers. What is it about guys like FTR, Claudio, Bandido, etc that associating a ROH logo with them turns them completely unpalatable

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i love rink of honor

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Even if you think Dalton Castle has regressed more than he has, imagine not wanting to see the spots Chris Jericho will work out with 2.0 and the Boys for their match.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It’s funny that they signed mike and Maria but it’s less funny that I’m going to see them on dynamite

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

NienNunb posted:

I think this mindset is completely alien to me. They’re mostly very good wrestlers attached to ROH, there’s literally no difference between them and the AEW-exclusive wrestlers. What is it about guys like FTR, Claudio, Bandido, etc that associating a ROH logo with them turns them completely unpalatable

I have no problem with who is AEW or ROH, but the roster is too big to tell satisfying stories with all of them week to week, and they keep signing even more people. It's just bursting at the seams. I don't want to enjoy a guy and then have him not show up on television for another 4 weeks. I just want a separate ROH show so all the storylines for both can get more time to breathe. I feel like if ROH had an actual show, maybe Claudio wouldn't have vanished into a puff of smoke after dropping the belt to Jericho or may have had a bigger part in the story.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tato posted:

I have no problem with who is AEW or ROH, but the roster is too big to tell satisfying stories with all of them week to week, and they keep signing even more people. It's just bursting at the seams. I don't want to enjoy a guy and then have him not show up on television for another 4 weeks. I just want a separate ROH show so all the storylines for both can get more time to breathe. I feel like if ROH had an actual show, maybe Claudio wouldn't have vanished into a puff of smoke after dropping the belt to Jericho or may have had a bigger part in the story.

You mean Claudio, the guy who was on Rampage last week and is on Rampage this week.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

yes, the guy who lost the belt and then made no effort to get it back or even express that he cared. but I'm glad he "appeared" in a match. That's a great story.

I want even more wrestling programming on the TV, that's my complaint :shrug:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tato posted:

yes, the guy who lost the belt and then made no effort to get it back or even express that he cared. but I'm glad he "appeared" in a match. That's a great story.

You could say that instead of making stuff up. But given his stablemate was going for the title I can see why he'd let his friend have the chance to do that.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I seem to remember him and yuta storming the ring in anger at the current holders of the belts they just lost

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Claudio cut a promo saying he wanted a rematch for the ROH title. Whether it was Jericho or Bryan he didn't care. I don't remember if that was on Rampage last week or if it was on a YouTube thing like Control Center though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Berzerker posted:

Claudio cut a promo saying he wanted a rematch for the ROH title. Whether it was Jericho or Bryan he didn't care. I don't remember if that was on Rampage last week or if it was on a YouTube thing like Control Center though.

Yeah I think it was a Road To Somewhere. Probably right after the Jericho/Bryan match was announced.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

There are a lot of Melvins in this thread that need to catch probations

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Every time Brian Cage (and the Embassy) appear on TV it should be Miro instead :colbert:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Pinche Rudo posted:

There are a lot of Melvins in this thread that need to catch probations

Volador JR posting on the message board hate to see melvin's stooping to that

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

Matt Hardy is also around.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
ROH has to be close to a TV announcement if they're pushing it this hard lately. Guessing we'll get an AEWvROH PPV over the winter to separate the rosters.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Bonk posted:

ROH has to be close to a TV announcement if they're pushing it this hard lately. Guessing we'll get an AEWvROH PPV over the winter to separate the rosters.

I was thinking the same, but if you were being pessimistic it could be one last roll of the dice to try and get a deal, or TK making use of all the ROH-related workers he’s acquired rather than them sitting around doing nothing forever.

Whichever it is, I hope there’s a resolution soon. The Jericho run has saved it a little, but I’m getting a bit bored of ‘AEW presents: Ring of Honor’.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

blunt posted:

Every time Brian Cage (and the Embassy) appear on TV it should be Miro instead :colbert:

Why do you want Miro to lose though?