Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i hate the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Sounds like the clot shot got him!

the clot shot?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the 5g nanites dude. the viral shedding juice. the tracking chip stab!!!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
cool thing boomers do:

even in peak masking times, they’d pull down their mask to lick their fingers to count cash

honestly, I think there’s so much muscle memory etc built up that they had no idea they were removing their mask temporarily but still it was a bit gross and it happened more than a couple times to me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I was destined to have brain damage

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

that's cause boomers all have lead poisoning. saw plenty of them pull down their masks to sneeze or cough

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wish I could see into the future and learn what things we’ll be doing that generations below us will be shaking their heads at

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

echinopsis posted:

I wish I could see into the future and learn what things we’ll be doing that generations below us will be shaking their heads at

don't you have a teenager, just ask them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
posting

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Fool posted:

don't you have a teenager, just ask them

well yeah my 13yo groans about poo poo I do but that’s a “dad you’re embarrassing me” kinda way

I mean when we’re like 70 and the youth of that day hasn’t even been born yet starts calling us idk “the worst generation”

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

echinopsis posted:

well yeah my 13yo groans about poo poo I do but that’s a “dad you’re embarrassing me” kinda way

Was it because of the wall-mounted dryer?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

echinopsis posted:

I mean when we’re like 70 and the youth of that day hasn’t even been born yet starts calling us idk “the worst generation”

I would imagine the dynamic will be more positive since it’ll be like WHY DO MILLENNIALS LIKE VIDEOS WHERE THEY ZOOM INTO THEIR FACE WHILE TALKING instead of “my boomer parents refused to acknowledge my existence because of my sexual identity” or “my parents generation single handedly destroyed our planet and left us holding the bag” or whatever

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

lord knows we’re not inheriting much since our parents are busy getting scammed or reverse mortgaging their house to fund a retirement that doesn’t involve them actively attempting to be in their grandchildren’s lives so I’m not expecting millennials to go Full Boomer when they all die

Apr 7, 2003

Millennials aren't going to have poo poo to pass down or reverse mortgage. lo l

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Was it because of the wall-mounted dryer?

think that was moo cow, not echi

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

right their parents sold everything and left millennials nothin

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

my one saving grace is I have no siblings and few other relatives so as boomers start croaking in my family the Old Money (TM) will start reaching me and I can eventually one day consider moving to civilization

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

the clot shot?

slightly envious of your insulation

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

buy him an account

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

i am sure that soon some millennials will have the opportunity to sell their kids to some kind of slavery though! capitalism will find a way to maximize the return

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

4lokos basilisk posted:

i am sure that soon some millennials will have the opportunity to sell their kids to some kind of slavery though! capitalism will find a way to maximize the return

sign up now for the McDonalds Fixed-term Job! 20 McYears of GUARANTEED WORK. Generous health care benefits, a place to live, no need for grocery shopping, excellent pay compared to our competitors!

* All housing, food and health are provided by McDonald’s Corporation and will be deducted from your monthly pay.
* a McYear is defined as 600 days in accordance to the official McDonald’s Corporate Calendar
* No abortions.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
laughed at the 600 days thing

Apr 7, 2003

My wife is feeling sick today :ohdear:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

hope the wife is ok. I was sick for two days last week with not-covid which surprised the poo poo out of me because I figured that was it but 2 rapid tests and a pcr said no

Apr 7, 2003

I’m just hopeful we didn’t pick something up that isn’t just seasonal grunge when we went to the park on Friday. We masked indoors but it was breezy enough outside that we didn’t bother. Guess we’ll see.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MrQueasy posted:

sign up now for the McDonalds Fixed-term Job! 20 McYears of GUARANTEED WORK. Generous health care benefits, a place to live, no need for grocery shopping, excellent pay compared to our competitors!

* All housing, food and health are provided by McDonald’s Corporation and will be deducted from your monthly pay.
* a McYear is defined as 600 days in accordance to the official McDonald’s Corporate Calendar
* No abortions.

Jesus heist do not just casually drop futuresight like it’s a joke

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
my company's annual Vegas retreat is next week and I'm looking forward to half the company being out in two weeks

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
my company is doing the same next week

i'm not loving going because i'm not a dumbass

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

found out my old coworkers dropped dead of a heart attack this week. he was 34, not the best shape but still young.

A coworker from my old team died last month. I only found out about it because I went out for lunch with a coworker today. He in his 50s and training for marathons type of healthy. I also found out that the first thing my old team's chud did when he heard the news was blame his diet.

Apr 7, 2003

Odd how relatively young people keep dropping dead. Probably nothing.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

must be the vaccines killing them

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

spankmeister posted:

must be the vaccines killing them

Or old age. 50 is old, right?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
good friend age 32 died suddenly this week. nobody knows what it was yet but it's loving heartbreaking and ominous.

Apr 7, 2003

This is the fourth sudden young people death I've heard about this week on these forums.

Apr 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/EnemyInAState/status/1584122756706185221

also very normal

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

This is the fourth sudden young people death I've heard about this week on these forums.

probably nothing

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

as mentioned in another thread, im cleaning up the garden for winter right now and having to stop frequently. i had a pretty bad run of it but it's been six weeks and i still don't feel like ive recovered. if our celebrities aren't being fed the secret cure all drugs what hope do the rest of us have. they didn't even give the president the full run of paxlovid

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
covid ruined my posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I haven't returned to regular exercise since I got covid and I was lifting or running 6 days a week for 4 months straight before that. It's been almost 4 months and when I try I have to stop early