Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again

bobmarleysghost posted:

he says he's tripping on a 1/4oz of shrooms, then how the hell is he standing and walking?
that's like 6-7gr

You wouldn't eat a 1/4 of mushrooms for fun? 2-3g is just threshold for avid travelers. This is a standard batch of sprocket fuel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

the white hand posted:

I can't stop laughing at the new rifles and how they're just designed not to last because they're trash for littering theaters of conflict with and that's a philosophy now

if you make things that last you won’t be able to offer a replacement

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

Sanlav posted:

You wouldn't eat a 1/4 of mushrooms for fun? 2-3g is just threshold for avid travelers. This is a standard batch of sprocket fuel.

In my experience eating a quarter instead of a sixteenth or eighth mostly just made the trip last much longer.

I don't recommend it unless you're really familiar with your particular mushrooms and very comfortable hallucinating generally. The peaks were a bit intense but not really that much wilder than taking an eighth, though a good deal more detached from reality than on a sixteenth. It just was more like a heavy acid trip in terms of duration.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

jeebus bob posted:

Hey is this toxic?
Every mycology professor ever: Taste it and find out.

More like "yeah, but I dunno if it will make you super sick or kill you 5 times on account of I don't know how much toxin is in it. Better eat at least 5"

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

the white hand posted:

I can't stop laughing at the new rifles and how they're just designed not to last because they're trash for littering theaters of conflict with and that's a philosophy now

The suppressors on both the M5 and C7A3 are going to be such a pain in the rear end and that loving proprietary fluid for cleaning them is driving me crazy, it doesn't even have a NSN yet.

Suppressors overheat and get dirty easily and the baffles get trashed. It's going to be so expensive, it's really hard to explain that because the public is enamoured with silencers from movies. Further complicating that, they require an armourer to clean the gas ports and everything else too because of the hand guard design.

It's like the whole thing was designed to overheat, get dirty, and get trashed easily, the opposite of what you want in a service rifle.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 22:26 on Oct 15, 2022

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

the white hand posted:

That's the best reason I've seen for planned obsolescence though: have guns that can solve* the current conflict but don't stay around to be used by whatever faction or criminal organisation for decades afterwards, leading to new conflicts.

*lol, lmao.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Start making all the plastic guns out of biodegradable resin. Maybe mix in some flower seeds. The arms industry can do its' part to stop climate change

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

BonHair posted:

That's the best reason I've seen for planned obsolescence though: have guns that can solve* the current conflict but don't stay around to be used by whatever faction or criminal organisation for decades afterwards, leading to new conflicts.

*lol, lmao.

The Afghans were still using Martini-Henry rifles, so I don't know how viable that plan is.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Dog Case posted:

Start making all the plastic guns out of biodegradable resin. Maybe mix in some flower seeds. The arms industry can do its' part to stop climate change

Senator Warren, you've been a goon this whole time?

Frosted Flake posted:

The Afghans were still using Martini-Henry rifles, so I don't know how viable that plan is.

But they're saying a new tactic is making everything a zip gun, not that weapons were previously sold with the pitch of "this thing will be garbage within 1-5 years of use, preventing seized supplies from being used against you"
And of course the unreliability of the tech now isn't actually some wartime strategy it's just capitalism combined with a MIC that's not really designed for fighting a war, just draining an empire's coffers.

Coolness Averted has issued a correction as of 22:35 on Oct 15, 2022

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Frosted Flake posted:

The suppressors on both the M5 and C7A3 are going to be such a pain in the rear end and that loving proprietary fluid for cleaning them is driving me crazy, it doesn't even have a NSN yet.

You ever just read something like this and think "gee, I wish I had no soul so I could do that for a living and never have to worry about money again"

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Ruffian Price posted:

guy looks fine and the spook chic works. go get some self-esteem

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Coolness Averted posted:

Senator Warren, you've been a goon this whole time?

But they're saying a new tactic is making everything a zip gun, not that weapons were previously sold with the pitch of "this thing will be garbage within 1-5 years of use, preventing seized supplies from being used against you"
And of course the unreliability of the tech now isn't actually some wartime strategy it's just capitalism combined with a MIC that's not really designed for fighting a war, just draining an empire's coffers.

It’s something isn’t it? War went from being a racket to the racket itself being the only function and the ability to wage war severely compromised.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

BRJurgis posted:

I haven't yet witnessed or experienced an amount of acid or shrooms to keep one from standing or walking, and in a few cases it has even sort of helped. For example, being on a roof is more dangerous while fearing the height with knees shaking vs being confident you don't have anything to worry about as long as you don't fall.

Lol on one hand I can see your point but on the other hand no way does acid or shrooms make being on a roof less dangerous

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Frosted Flake posted:

It’s something isn’t it? War went from being a racket to the racket itself being the only function and the ability to wage war severely compromised.

i also read somewhere around some $200 bil/year alone goes to american overseas HQ units with no actual combat elements or are simply strategically irrelevant like okinawa

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Palladium posted:

i also read somewhere around some $200 bil/year alone goes to american overseas HQ units with no actual combat elements or are simply strategically irrelevant like okinawa

It’s incredible. The amount they paid for air conditioning alone in Iraq was astronomical.

$20B a year.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Frosted Flake posted:

It’s incredible. The amount they paid for air conditioning alone in Iraq was astronomical.

$20B a year.

that poo poo always boggles my mind, like 1-3 years of AC in Iraq would have been enough to effectively end homelessness in the US back then, still nearly could now. Hell, I remember Zack I think it was wrote a frontpage article just listing all the poo poo we could have bought with the trillions thrown at that war to that point in 2006 or 2007. My favorite was just like in the Vietnam war, we spent more than enough to just fly and house every man woman and child in Iraq using commercial flights for less than the cost of bringing freedom to the middle east

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Coolness Averted posted:

that poo poo always boggles my mind, like 1-3 years of AC in Iraq would have been enough to effectively end homelessness in the US back then, still nearly could now. Hell, I remember Zack I think it was wrote a frontpage article just listing all the poo poo we could have bought with the trillions thrown at that war to that point in 2006 or 2007. My favorite was just like in the Vietnam war, we spent more than enough to just fly and house every man woman and child in Iraq using commercial flights for less than the cost of bringing freedom to the middle east

really makes you wonder who is calling the real shots in this 'democracy'

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Palladium posted:

really makes you wonder who is calling the real shots in this 'democracy'

It's me, the proud organizer of a get out the vote campaign, here to make some real changes since it's more important now than ever!

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Shame Boy posted:

It's me, the proud organizer of a get out the vote campaign, here to make some real changes since it's more important now than ever!

drat you how could you be more powerful than the parliamentarian

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frosted Flake posted:

$20B a year.

this empire can accomplish what others couldn't. it's an empire of freedom, the first ever.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

A reminder that the upcoming US service rifles has custom sized ammunition and have a really high powder load so they use a different bullet during training vs live fire. The gun also weighs 10 pounds and a full magazine weighs two pounds. You can almost immediately see a number of extremely significant issues that would arise from this, but I just slipped you a voucher to get a seat on the board at Raytheon so just go ahead and approve everything

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Sanlav posted:

my biggest trip yet was at 4-5gr, but I'm not a regular traveler. 7gr at a setting like that is wild, good for him I guess.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

High powder load running through a suppressor, which requires a separate cleaning fluid.

It’s conspiratorial to say they want to trash them, but I don’t know how you’d keep them clean and serviceable.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

Me and my friends have a theory that mr beast is a false flag, a fiction created by twitch and youtube as a gestalt ad for the concept of being a successful streamer. Like he has no worthwhile or interesting characteristics and went from nothing to multimillion dollar empire whose only product seems to be "giving large sums of money to random other streamers".

apparently he got internet famous for counting from 1 to 100k in one video

then he did 1 to 200k

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shame Boy posted:

Me and my friends have a theory that mr beast is a false flag, a fiction created by twitch and youtube as a gestalt ad for the concept of being a successful streamer. Like he has no worthwhile or interesting characteristics and went from nothing to multimillion dollar empire whose only product seems to be "giving large sums of money to random other streamers".

my son wont stfu about him so he must have done something right

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

actionjackson posted:

apparently he got internet famous for counting from 1 to 100k in one video

then he did 1 to 200k

Merit based system

Edit: he did the job no one else wanted

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Frosted Flake posted:

High powder load running through a suppressor, which requires a separate cleaning fluid.

It’s conspiratorial to say they want to trash them, but I don’t know how you’d keep them clean and serviceable.

It's not really conspiratorial, it's just the profit motive doing its thing. The end users of battle rifles are not the customers, and the actual customers will, it turns out, pay a lot more for a lovely gun that needs decades of updates and fixes than for one that's good right out of the gate.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Nastier Nate posted:

my son wont stfu about him so he must have done something right

he essentially cracked the code to making viral videos, can't hate on the guy really

that said, there's only one Mr Beast to me - Mr LA Beast

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The only one for me

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

he essentially cracked the code to making viral videos, can't hate on the guy really

I can respect a man who'll chug a gallon of olive oil

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Yes I can, and I will. gently caress that dude for opening a youtube based Pandora's box of bullshit.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Eating 5lbs of sugar free gummy bears was the best one.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Same but expired milk. The cactus and the chipotle run were impressive too.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Mr beast, like notch before him, is an example of how there are no spiritual rewards at the top of capitalism.

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

all this time I thought people who were referring to Mr. Beast we’re referring to Mr LA Beast and I am pleasantly surprised this isn’t the case

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Yes I can, and I will. gently caress that dude for opening a youtube based Pandora's box of bullshit.

What did he do? I just occasionally see his poo poo show up in my feed with titles like "I gave a streamer with 0 views $50,000". I guess giving random people lots of money is his thing? That doesn't really seem awful even if it's content that seems lame to watch

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Panfilo posted:

Eating 5lbs of sugar free gummy bears was the best one.

Its sad that he had to move back in with his parents and now has agoraphobia and just posts the same poo poo that he used to a decade ago but now nobody really pays attention to him

What I'm trying to say is, we should buy him an account

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

What did he do?

Laundering money for the cartels and crypto rug pulling, mainly.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Horseshoe theory posted:

Laundering money for the cartels and crypto rug pulling, mainly.

That seems bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Mr beast as an individual is probably ok but what he does and what he represents are tm bad