Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Lol how the hell does this human society even keep functioning if anyone can make a pact with the devil and be a mass death machine.

Oh wait that’s not much different than real life only without the cool monsters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Al-Saqr posted:

Lol how the hell does this human society even keep functioning if anyone can make a pact with the devil and be a mass death machine.

It seems like most devil pacts don't actually give you much power, honestly. It looks like most of them go the way of the zombie devil in that the devil just goes "lmao, sucker" and basically just uses your flesh for its own ends.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

You're looking at the wrong angles. A contract needs to have something the Devil wants, and most of the powerful ones are locked down one way or another. You want precognition, you need to be working for the Japanese government to get down in the vaults, and if you want a deal with Darkness, you need to get someone all the way to hell with some first rate human sacrifices in tow.

The real issue is the Devils themselves, since, well... Makima is one of the nice ones. You're looking at 35% of the population dying to Devils. Murders cap out at 5 percent. Easy to see where the focus should be in terms of threat.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

And it seems like society is breaking down in other ways, with japanese orphans having to sell body parts to survive

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they also mention that japan is prime devil territory a couple of times. presumably there's other places that are slightly less of a clusterfuck.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Flavahbeast posted:

And it seems like society is breaking down in other ways, with japanese orphans having to sell body parts to survive

That seems to be a Denji thing as opposed to a general Japan thing. Anyone else who hears about it is kind of shocked, and the other orphans we've seen have gotten government stipends to survive until adulthood rather than winding up in the hands of the Yakuza.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

they also mention that japan is prime devil territory a couple of times. presumably there's other places that are slightly less of a clusterfuck.

And even then you have the US President literally sacrificing the entire country to a devil.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Just the last two years or whatever of their lives, should be fine :v:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Brightman posted:

Just the last two years or whatever of their lives, should be fine :v:

Just one year. A bargain!

Meanwhile, Japan's Devil Hunting bureau could have got Chainsaw Man for just jam on toast, but Miss Makima had to throw in salad and coffee. Another sign of superior American negotiating tactics.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Yeah, the Japanese should just stick to cars and anime.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

ImpAtom posted:

And even then you have the US President literally sacrificing the entire country to a devil.

Which hit harder in the Before Times

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

President: We're sacrificing you kids' future to get a devil on our side.

Gen Z: future? lol bet

Future devil: lol awesome!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

chiasaur11 posted:

I don't think part 2 was planned in much detail from part 1, in general. Fujimoto said the whole impetus for continuing was that Denji was still a superhero at the end of part 1, and that he felt a hero's story wasn't complete until he dies (like Iron Man) or quits (like Batman, who he specifically brought up in regards to the Dark Knight Rises). So he needed to keep Denji around until then.

:catstare:

Fujimoto you poo poo

It better be the loving latter

Let Denji have SOMETHING for a period of time longer than, like, a month.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Robviously posted:

President: We're sacrificing you kids' future to get a devil on our side.

Gen Z: future? lol bet

Future devil: lol awesome!

One year of life versus what Makima had planned is a pretty good deal all things considered.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

got up to chapter 103 last night and man i kinda miss angel

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

So the episode titles are available online and the last episode title is the same name as the beginning chapter of the war devil arc. Has it been confirmed how far they’re going for this season cus it feels like it would be absolutely insane for it to blast through part 1 in 12 episodes

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

it's either coincidence or more likely some really demented speculation

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Betting on the later

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Yeah I figured this season would get maybe halfway through part 1 at best but caught off guard by the episode titles. Can only find the titles on fansites though so likely just clickbait rumor poo poo

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah I can't find an actual source for any episode titles and there's no good reason for anyone to know them so it sounds like horseshit

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

it 100% is just stupid clickbait since otherwise you're looking at at least 9 chapters adapted per episode from here on out and jfc no

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

what are all the other episode titles

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

This is what got sent to me and I was like “what????” https://imgur.com/a/bYcSYir

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ghosthotel posted:

This is what got sent to me and I was like “what????” https://imgur.com/a/bYcSYir

what the gently caress lol

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
That's literally just the first chapter of every volume.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's the name of the volumes.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

internet jouranlism...ftw...

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

every episode is going to be 3 hours. cant wait

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"Journalism" is very generous. It's not like it's Anime news network or something (which is the first place I checked for episode titles) it's some lovely content farm with a front page made up of 10 THINGS YOU WON'T BELIEVE ABOUT [insert pop culture thing here] like 99% of websites are now

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

cuntman.net posted:

every episode is going to be 3 hours. cant wait

this but unironically

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I have it on trusted sources that the anime will have a new exclusive ending where Denji dies and wakes up in WW2 Germany

And then he eats Nazis.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

alright im caught up now

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

hbag posted:

alright im caught up now

What do you think about :
1. Chainsaws
2. Men

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Scholtz posted:

What do you think about :
1. Chainsaws
2. Men

1. cool
2. nice

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/minouye271/status/1160908705535184897

funfact about the snail parasite from the op. the way they work is that, as this tweet explains, they take over the snail's and motor functions and then imitate a caterpillar and stand out in the open to get a bird to eat them. but the snail actually survives - the bird doesnt eat the whole body, just the eyes. the snail regrows its eyestalks and continues on its way, just like denji survives being under makima's thumb.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tho the snail does end up castrated so not sure about that part symbolically

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

chiasaur11 posted:

The real issue is the Devils themselves, since, well... Makima is one of the nice ones. You're looking at 35% of the population dying to Devils. Murders cap out at 5 percent. Easy to see where the focus should be in terms of threat.

Wow wait, the anime just started. Some new people might have joined the thread from watching the first episode, and just read that line.

edit: I just realized that there is a separate thread for the anime. I hope the anime only watchers did not join the wrong thread.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there's an anime thread, its fine to discuss the manga without spoiler tags in the manga thread imo.

ill pm fluffdaddy about the thread title tho. something like chainsaw man(ga) (spoilers allowed)

Endorph fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Oct 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Endorph posted:

tho the snail does end up castrated so not sure about that part symbolically

It symbolizes Denji not getting laid because everyone who acts like they might want to have sex with him is actually planning to murder him.