Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
Request sent, everything bad, thanks so much for continuing to do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Just realised I forgot to post, I sent a request a bit ago, hours at my job have been complete poo poo + some bills came up

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Request sent last night. It's been a tough year.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I'm coming up on one year of being homeless and laboriously carving a path to not being homeless, but a downed utility pole has cut electricity off from the squat I'm inhabiting. Utility corporation estimates repair by October- meaning I will have to delay my study plans to reacquire tech certs, focusing instead on day-to-day survival against the heat and a lack of a fridge

I'm at wits end and I'm tired- I pull down about $500/mo from odd jobs, it goes real fast when all your food spoils and you gotta drive a 20mpg jalopy to the library/coffee shop to study every day- on top of my medical costs, which are not insignificant.

I'm not certain that goonfund is robust enough to rly help. The amt I need to avoid having to camp in my town's sanctuary district this month is higher than I'm comfortable requesting, though I'm putting in a request for a lesser amount, for gasoline and access to air conditioned/electrified spaces during the day. Maybe a nice lil beer or two

Internally, I feel capable of climbing out of this, for the first time in my adult life! Medical care has been equipping me to actually do the things I gotta do, love it.
Externally, everything's going to poo poo! Local welfare NGOs are swamped, 1bdr rent has climbed from 500/mo average to 850/mo average in less than a decade, and the electric company rushes to restore service to half-mil mcmansions while the rest of us just, wait around and sweat it out

idk what to do and 21c life has taught me that when idk what to do, I post about it

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Sent an email, things have been way better lately, just hit a bit of a snag is all. Thanks a ton again.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
Request sent to the dot fund email. :smith: My embalmer position was cut at work so I lost both my job and health insurance. Been trying to put off needing things like medication and food as long as possible.

netch-a-sketch
Dec 24, 2019
Sent request for some £ for cat food + person food. Having a hard as hell time and I've had no one interested in commisions lately

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus
Thank you, Plinkey.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think im mostly caught up, whoever was the venmo person, my phone couldn't figure out your QR code, emailing you back

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

Sent :(

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

sent, getting unemployment denied sucks

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Request sent. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Trash Ops posted:

sent, getting unemployment denied sucks

You're likely already on it, but appeal appeal appeal. Good luck, and hope things work out for you soon.

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009
Request sent. Started a new job, but still short on a bill before my first paycheck hits.

Punch Drunk Drewsky
Jul 22, 2008

No one can stop the movies.
Request sent. Job huntin' and psychiatry needin'. Bless and thank you for consideration.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
Facing eviction and wondered if there was a place on SA to post looking for help that might be beyond the scope of the goon fund?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Halman posted:

Facing eviction and wondered if there was a place on SA to post looking for help that might be beyond the scope of the goon fund?

i missed this, send me a pm

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Request sent.

:(

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
whoever hit me up in the last week, sent

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
PM sent.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

There's cringe in the thread

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I decided to pirate a podcast instead and pass the savings on...to goons

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:glomp:

Weird, why did this thread get unstickied?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

ekuNNN posted:

:glomp:

Weird, why did this thread get unstickied?

The admins had a conversation about it. I recommend asking them.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

StrixNebulosa posted:

The admins had a conversation about it. I recommend asking them.

There's a qcs thread about it. Basically it's a zero accountability one man show that people still find useful and helpful, so we just wanted to make it clear that it's not in any way forums endorsed or guaranteed.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

sebmojo posted:

There's a qcs thread about it. Basically it's a zero accountability one man show that people still find useful and helpful, so we just wanted to make it clear that it's not in any way forums endorsed or guaranteed.

can u sticky my thread OP?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014894

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Done

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

lol sick time to start donating again

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

brother if you use my money on gambling all I ask is that you win

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
💰 <---- THIS, TO ME

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

nah im having fun but at the end of the day im not gonna read a qcs thread so give my money to someone who can't pay their rent or some poo poo

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

ArfJason posted:

💰 <---- THIS, TO ME

PM sent

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I don't care about some QCS bullshit. Plinkey has helped me a few times and I'm proud to support the Patreon monthly

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I'm an ardent Plinkey supporter and he deals with a huge amount of weighing human suffering. that qcs thread is filled with a ton of antisocial weirdos with axes to grind against cspam at large but also has a lot of cogent points about how important decentralization and transparency is for mutual aid.

it would be really good to move the fund off of a platform where a for profit corp is taking a full fifth of donations and plinkey is responsible for thousands of dollars in unnecessary taxes. there is also a substantial population of goons who would be open to giving (or giving more) under a more transparent framework. I really think this fund would be extremely beneficial to the forums at large but it's a hard sell organized as such and even at its current level, there are posts in here from people whose requests were overlooked because it's a one man operation.

the uk fund proves it's possible to have a more mature organization without too much administrative burden. there were points made in qcs that it's much different to do so in the us, but cspam has a fairly deep bench of npo and accounting experts who can and have offered their support.

I'm still fully in support of plinkey's fund; I don't think he's embezzling thousands for an uncontrolled gambling and ppv addiction like some in qcs are alleging, but it's hard to not blame people who watched the tremendous shitstorms of doobie's, koalas march, or lowtax's scams and choose to not donate

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Hey Plinkey, don't let the shitheads get you down, you've helped me with serious medical issues before and for that I am extremely grateful. They've cropped up again, anything helps. Thank you.

Request sent.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sebmojo posted:

There's a qcs thread about it.

gross.

But fair enough on the rest.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I look forward to all the upcoming better goon funding networks that all the experts commenting on it are definitely qualified to found and oversee

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Javid posted:

I look forward to all the upcoming better goon funding networks that all the experts commenting on it are definitely qualified to found and oversee

Personally I look forward to more insanely stupid posts like this

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Javid posted:

that's what I posted. there already is one for the uk thread run by rotating five person council plus an accountant that's legally registered in the country and puts out financial reports at much less cash flow than this fund because they divide the labor and accountability

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
As a professional not for profit expert, skip all the bullshit and start a church. No paperwork or taxes required. This is a serious post. You already get the beard.