Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
yeah same here. i did a shoot yesterday for an advertiser and they demanded a 24 hour turnaround, which is fine, but now they don't want to pay me until the end of the week. which is when they'll get the rest of the work, i guess? lol bad play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

asking a camera-related professional to work for exposure is too much

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

dioxazine posted:

yeah really, it's extremely unprofessional and i made it very clear i expected to be paid when i delivered the final set, its in the contract. after sending two out of 50 photos they were like "oh great we can get the payment started on friday" and i was just like "lol nope"

i can only assume they wanted the 24-hour turnaround because its something they want to put up asap, but lol if they want that they're gonna have to pay up

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

dioxazine posted:

lol

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah really, it's extremely unprofessional and i made it very clear i expected to be paid when i delivered the final set, its in the contract. after sending two out of 50 photos they were like "oh great we can get the payment started on friday" and i was just like "lol nope"

i can only assume they wanted the 24-hour turnaround because its something they want to put up asap, but lol if they want that they're gonna have to pay up

always and forever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVkLVRt6c1U

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The Fool posted:

bird watching

what the gently caress

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I always think those places desperate for a photographer to work for free are close to having to shutter for good

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

if they were good at shuttering they're probably already paying a photographer!!!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

C Shopping S: I love my new little autumn casserole :3:

Time to look up some good recipes for cooking in it.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

:hmmyes:

carry on then posted:

I always think those places desperate for a photographer to work for free are close to having to shutter for good

thats why i didn't send the whole set. lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

graph posted:

what the gently caress

dogs love bird watching

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Beeftweeter posted:

dogs love bird watching

this is a normal sized dog

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

foodle is tall

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol he's pretty tall for a minpin

:sigh: hope hes ok

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
gave in and tracked down one more pair of surrounds so i can add rear surrounds, bringing it to a 7.1.2 setup

after this NO MORE SPEAKERS

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

lmao famous last words

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

gave in and tracked down one more pair of surrounds so i can add rear surrounds, bringing it to a 7.1.2 setup

six months later: your house is completely full of speakers powered by five different 4000 watt amplifiers running a 47.4.10 setup. you have to climb over three tweeters and a subwoofer to get to the kitchen

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

i am enjoying this trip report, the next entry should be wild

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Kazinsal posted:

six months later: your house is completely full of speakers powered by five different 4000 watt amplifiers running a 47.4.10 setup. you have to climb over three tweeters and a subwoofer to get to the kitchen

j290 as matrixed stereo blasts from all sides: ITS SURROUND SOUND

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Kazinsal posted:

tell me ur a single white dude in his 40s without t

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol my old TANNOY front speakers picked up a buzz sometime when I moved them around, so I unwired them and trucked my classic JAMO D266s out of the garage and into the corners of the living room - took some eq fuckery to get the levels balanced but they certainly look the part :o:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh hell yes

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

ya no more speakers upgrade to some 4k oled goodness

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah thats next

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

those speakers need some room 2 breathe

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

yoooo jamo got the jamos lions can’t lose now

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

The Fool posted:

bird watching

GOOD GIRL

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

made a pizza tonight

next time i need to flatten out the dough and/or use more of it, not bother with parmesan pre-bake (the burnt bits - whoops), couple other things; but it tastes good so for babby's first 'za and dough-in-a-can, i'm gonna call this a success :yum:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 25, 2022

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
looks very good

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbtg26q6hU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ciaphas posted:

made a pizza tonight

next time i need to flatten out the dough and/or use more of it, not bother with parmesan pre-bake (the burnt bits - whoops), couple other things; but it tastes good so for babby's first 'za and dough-in-a-can, i'm gonna call this a success :yum:

would

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

at work i got to listen to a $500,000 atmos system which i think was 23.10.10? it was cool but honestly after 5.1 the improvements are p marginal

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

fart simpson posted:

at work i got to listen to a $500,000 atmos system which i think was 23.10.10? it was cool but honestly after 5.1 the improvements are p marginal

i think jonny's busy trying to figure out if he can safely replace his floors with subwoofers lol

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i guess its cold enough that building heat is on cause my office is a million degrees

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Ciaphas posted:

made a pizza tonight

i appreciate that you used normal pizza pepperoni instead of the trendy little ones that curl up into grease cups

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

hell yeah. its neat how modern soundtracks are basically object oriented and we just use processing power to say "ok, the plane is coming in from up there and going over there, here's exactly how loud i need to play it in each speaker over time to line it up just right" x 100 things so you can play it back on a dinky 5.1 or a big rear end 9.2.4 system and it's the same position, just higher resolution, but yeah i suspect after i get 7.1.2 done i'm good for years. diminishing returns after the height channel for sure, i'm only adding the center rears cause hey the receiver supports em, might as well fill out all the jacks

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
has consumer audio tech caught up to consumer photo tech? by which i mean: some nerds used to think the future of (non-pro) photography was for everyone to get a dslr and fancy lenses, when in fact the future is that everyone uses a cellphone with atrocious optics that get corrected in software. so can we get rid of dorky rear end surround sound systems and keep our surprisingly accurate 3d spatial audio with a soundbar, a subwoofer, and a sprinkle of magic?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

hell yeah. its neat how modern soundtracks are basically object oriented and we just use processing power to say "ok, the plane is coming in from up there and going over there, here's exactly how loud i need to play it in each speaker over time to line it up just right" x 100 things so you can play it back on a dinky 5.1 or a big rear end 9.2.4 system and it's the same position, just higher resolution, but yeah i suspect after i get 7.1.2 done i'm good for years. diminishing returns after the height channel for sure, i'm only adding the center rears cause hey the receiver supports em, might as well fill out all the jacks

if it makes any difference to you, i think the big noticeable jumps in the Home Theater Experience are, roughly in order imo:

mono -> stereo
adding a subwoofer
adding 2 surround speakers
adding a center channel
going from 2 to 4 height channels
going from 0 to 2 height channels

after that it’s pretty marginal but all of those things you can instantly notice stuff just got better. 5.1.4 is the best you can do with 9 speakers plus a sub i think

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

DELETE CASCADE posted:

has consumer audio tech caught up to consumer photo tech? by which i mean: some nerds used to think the future of (non-pro) photography was for everyone to get a dslr and fancy lenses, when in fact the future is that everyone uses a cellphone with atrocious optics that get corrected in software. so can we get rid of dorky rear end surround sound systems and keep our surprisingly accurate 3d spatial audio with a soundbar, a subwoofer, and a sprinkle of magic?

we’re trying and a lot of people seem to think it’s good enough but honestly there’s still a giant gap between a sound bar with virtualized atmos crap and a real discrete home theater system. nobody could possibly be fooled by the difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

made a pizza tonight

i like this very much.