Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Breaking the wheel means spinning the deal

Gavlan wheel

Gavlan deal

:hmmyes:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Gavlan get many keys!

OlaOst
Oct 17, 2012

dead gay comedy forums posted:

feeling a bit like a dialectical solution here

thesis -> master the wheel
antithesis -> what the gently caress. what the poo poo. this leads to nowhere. break the wheel
synthesis -> you know what let's loving make a bicycle

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I wonder if this is going to count as the Zoss appearance that inspires her breakthrough

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc9iwBxPI_I&t=308s
There's an irony to how this video ends.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Jadis and Allison are not wrong.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

They're not wrong but their reaction isn't the only way of dealing with their revelations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I'm a little confused in the second-to-last panel. I thought that Jag's ultimate plan was breaking the cycle, destroying the wheel, etc. Not making a world without suffering, but ending all worlds forever.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

TwoPair posted:

I'm a little confused in the second-to-last panel. I thought that Jag's ultimate plan was breaking the cycle, destroying the wheel, etc. Not making a world without suffering, but ending all worlds forever.

That's how. If there's nothing left it can't suffer.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

TwoPair posted:

No, he definitely spoke about forging the world anew.

I definitely had the impression that he was not suggesting that the new world would be recognizable in any way, it sounded like he planned on breaking quite a few fundamental physical laws to make it fit his vision of a world without suffering, so I think it's implied that life as we know it would be toast. But he wanted to have something in its place.

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

TwoPair posted:

his stated goal is the destruction of time itself.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/breaker-of-infinities-2-43/

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

He's saying time is the prison they're trapped in because it's looping. He wants to break this entire timeline cycle and create a new one where things are chill and cool. Basically Jagganoth will become the creator god of a quaint Beatrix Potter-esque world where we all live in giant pumpkins and bake pies for our neighbors and drink tea while watching a rainshower. Jagganoth's basically the hero, Allison should give him the key.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Step 1: kill everyone
Step 2: kill self
Step 3: ???????
Step 4: no more suffering

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 24, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Step 1: kill everyone
Step 2: kill self
Step 3: ???????
Step 4: no more suffering

Step 3 seems superfluous.

It's basically what would happen if you asked an AI or a djinn to end human suffering.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

It's not really clear what his plan is, or if he even has a plan, he's trying to rebel against the cosmic cycle by playing the exact same part in it he's played countless times before. Either Jagganoth is secretly going to do something unspecified to stop Zoss from rebuilding everything after he destroys it again (which doesn't seem likely) or he really can't do anything he wasn't programmed to do, he's just always going to decide to spin the wheel again for whatever rationalization he can come up with.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 24, 2022

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

It's not really clear what his plan is, or if he even has a plan, he's trying to rebel against the cosmic cycle by playing the exact same part in it he's played countless times before. Either Jagganoth is secretly going to do something unspecified to stop Zoss from rebuilding everything after he destroys it again (which doesn't seem likely) or he really can't do anything he wasn't programmed to do, and has just deluded himself that he's totally undermining the system from the inside this time and one more spin of the wheel will end up totally different.
Given that he's a demiurge, I'm leaning towards the latter.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

It's not really clear what his plan is, or if he even has a plan, he's trying to rebel against the cosmic cycle by playing the exact same part in it he's played countless times before. Either Jagganoth is secretly going to do something unspecified to stop Zoss from rebuilding everything after he destroys it again (which doesn't seem likely) or he really can't do anything he wasn't programmed to do, and has just deluded himself that he's totally undermining the system from the inside this time and one more spin of the wheel will end up totally different.

He also blames Metatron more than Zoss for the stagnant nature of the loops, yet so far it's unclear how his plans differ from Metatron's script besides doing a half-assed "hey girl, can't you cooperate with me instead of making my job slightly more difficult".

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
As far as I can figure the hope seems to be "if I can get the big key I can finish things for real." This actually is a distinction from the other demiurges, none of which seem particularly interested in acquiring it.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Jaggs knows he's going to fail at that, though: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/breaker-of-infinities-2-46/

He knows all he'll ever accomplish is starting the cycle over again. And he's stopped caring and accepted his role long ago.

Edit: beaten.

It's not really clear what his plan is, or if he even has a plan, he's trying to rebel against the cosmic cycle by playing the exact same part in it he's played countless times before. Either Jagganoth is secretly going to do something unspecified to stop Zoss from rebuilding everything after he destroys it again (which doesn't seem likely) or he really can't do anything he wasn't programmed to do, he's just always going to decide to spin the wheel again for whatever rationalization he can come up with.

Yeah I think he knows he can do nothing and is just going to let it happen over and over. Going along with Jaggs' plan is not breaking the cycle, it's perpetuating it. But so is fighting him.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 24, 2022

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

For one, he intends to kill Metatron this time.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

He knows that's not gonna happen. Or if it does, it won't work. His power comes directly from metatron, he's a slave.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
"maybe if I violence just a bit better this time it'll work, unlike the last nine billion times" is certainly in keeping with the other demiurges' fatal flaws (and Zoss', while we're at it)

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Rotten Red Rod posted:

He knows that's not gonna happen. Or if it does, it won't work. His power comes directly from metatron, he's a slave.

His invulnerability comes from the angel feather nails, but he was still Jagganoth the God Eater before he got those.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Hence his request for Allison's key, yes. It's an alternate power source to backstab Metatron with.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

So why hasn't he been able to do that all the other times he's claimed the key from the chosen one?

Whatever his intentions are, he knows what the result will be and he's resigned to his fate.

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

Rotten Red Rod posted:

resigned to his fate.

it is the absolute exact opposite of that, if anythign it makes him more resolute.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

So why hasn't he been able to do that all the other times he's claimed the key from the chosen one?

Presumably that's the point Zoss and Metatron hit the rewind button and try again. If he got handed the key and didn't have to go through the fight, Would he be able to do anything before getting reset? Likely no, but from his perspective it can't hurt to try. At worst it would at least save him the effort.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Jagg has no other option but to do what he knows he's fated to do and wing it after the heir (or Allison this time around) is defeated. His only other path would be to abandon everything he's ever believed in, and that doesn't seem like it's going to happen. And for all we know he actually has set the destruction of the multiverse in motion in every previous turn of the cycle only to have Zoss revert time before the wheel finished breaking completely.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
He's left to "do the cleanup" (end the universe) after whatever it is that Zoss pulls off, which carries... interesting implications. I already mentioned the other scenario I have in mind, but the whole thing doesn't really mesh with "Jag whacks heir, Zoss resets". It would place all narrative weight on Jagganoth as the ultimate centerpoint of everything, and he's clearly... not.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress it, I am down for this revolution of the wheel

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Bongo Bill posted:

I don't think that this is a dream, hoax, or imaginary story.

I wasn't implying that.

She's clearly become more like Jadis, or at least Jadis' big-boobed manifestation.

Jadis is actually a withered mummy in a glass box. If Alison is becoming more like her, I don't see why it would be purely superficial.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Maduo posted:

Presumably that's the point Zoss and Metatron hit the rewind button and try again. If he got handed the key and didn't have to go through the fight, Would he be able to do anything before getting reset? Likely no, but from his perspective it can't hurt to try. At worst it would at least save him the effort.

While "what the poo poo happened between Zoss and Metatron" is one of the key mysteries of the story, it seems like the pivotal moment isn't quite so much Jagganoth destroying the universe as whatever happens when the Heir comes into his Kingdom. the fact that the reset is delayed for a single microsecond beyond Metatron having a pleasant chat with the Heir is admittedly also interesting

Jagganoth thinks Zoss is pushing the reset button at Metatron's bidding. 2 Michael thinks Metatron is seeking to restore a perfect, immortal kingdom. 6 Juggernaut Star thinks Zoss is pushing the reset button, but definitely not at Metatron's bidding. Zoss hasn't explicitly stated what he's up to, but that one panel extremely strongly suggests that he's not on board with whatever Metatron is up to.

I really do think there's something to the argument that Metatron has told some whoppers and that's what broke his exterior. Which, and to whom, is an extremely open question.

and obviously Himself will survive whatever happens because the laws of reality no longer apply to him

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
If a constant of the cycle is Zoss dying and "living on" as only the echo of his identity imprinted on the key (as Incubus seems to think) then it might actually be the heir who causes the reset.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Schwarzwald posted:

If a constant of the cycle is Zoss dying and "living on" as only the echo of his identity imprinted on the key (as Incubus seems to think) then it might actually be the heir who causes the reset.

That's possible. Jagg still "wins" every time in the sense that he stops the heir from fulfilling his ambitions. And then the heir unleashes the full power of the key and resets the universe out of frustration or spite.

If that's how it usually plays out, Allison *not* doing that is probably the single most important thing that's ever happened. And might add some context to Jadis' behavior: if it turns out that she agrees with Jagganoth's plan, convincing Allison to Give Up would be necessary to ensure the reset can't happen before Jagg can confront Metatron.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I really do think there's something to the argument that Metatron has told some whoppers and that's what broke his exterior. Which, and to whom, is an extremely open question.

and obviously Himself will survive whatever happens because the laws of reality no longer apply to him

motherfuck I forgot that angels break when lying

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

dead gay comedy forums posted:

motherfuck I forgot that angels break when lying

Humans created the currently existing angels (and devils) using the knowledge they gained from Metatron and imposed their rules and will on them. They had nothing to do with the creation of Metatron and all the other giant dead angels. So there's no reason for Metatron to be bound by those laws.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Humans created the currently existing angels (and devils) using the knowledge they gained from Metatron and imposed their rules and will on them. They had nothing to do with the creation of Metatron and all the other giant dead angels. So there's no reason for Metatron to be bound by those laws.

Humans didn't create ANY angels, they just made the shells for the angels that absolutely existed whose previous job was doing poo poo in the void.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

There are two layers of law: the old law, which Koss chiselled into the angels when he first forged them out of the cold white flame and which is part of their nature and hurts them to break even slightly, and the new law, which was agreed upon as part of the concordant when humans summoned angels back into Throne from the void and built them new bodies. All angels, including Metatron and the Thorns, are still bound by the old law, but most have cast off the new.

The giant dead prime angels were the ones that the Gods originally summoned into Throne to guard it back in their day, and aside from Michael they're all still resurrecting from when Zoss double killed them. The numerous smaller angels were left in the void during the age of the gods and spent their time either endlessly fighting back the hot black demon flame from the edge of reality, or contemplating the nature of existence, or both. As such they survived the first conquest and were the ones who humans met and created smaller bodies for out of ash, in the image of the old giant bodies the Gods made for the prime angels.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Oct 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

MikeJF posted:

There are two layers of law: the old law, which Koss chiselled into the angels when he first forged them out of the cold white flame and which is part of their nature and hurts them to break even slightly, and the new law, which was agreed upon as part of the concordant when humans summoned angels back into Throne from the void and built them new bodies. All angels, including Metatron and the Thorns, are still bound by the old law, but most have cast off the new.

The giant dead prime angels were the ones that the Gods originally summoned into Throne to guard it back in their day, and aside from Michael they're all still resurrecting from when Zoss double killed them. The numerous smaller angels were left in the void during the age of the gods and spent their time either endlessly fighting back the hot black demon flame from the edge of reality, or contemplating the nature of existence, or both. As such they survived the first conquest and were the ones who humans met and created smaller bodies for out of ash, in the image of the old giant bodies the Gods made for the prime angels.

old and new testament :tinfoil: