Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

if you have the Xbox overlay running you can hit win+g and it has a mixer pane, I actually find it to be really useful

:rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

this should just be quoted every time a new windows build comes out:

Sapozhnik posted:

i'm so glad i use a commercial operating system. not like one of those operating systems maintained by amateurs who break things constantly where i have to look up weird hacker websites that tell me to edit configuration files and also the sound doesn't work

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

windows used to be commercial but nowadays it’s free software

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Jenny Agutter posted:

if you have the Xbox overlay running you can hit win+g and it has a mixer pane, I actually find it to be really useful

this is simultaneously a great practical tip and a savage burn on microsoft

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Jenny Agutter posted:

lol i removed the game bar

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/nanoraptor/status/1584490041979834368

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

today I pressed winkey + comma by mistake
what is this feature? "look at my desktop"???

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

cowboy beepboop posted:

cuts 50% of the work out of pressing win+d twice

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

cowboy beepboop posted:

yeah its mostly intended to be used by throwing ur mouse in the bottom right (by default)

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its a feature that probably 100 people in the world really really loving love and that nobody else will ever notice or care about

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

lol yeah seems extremely niche

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Shaggar posted:

yeah its mostly intended to be used by throwing ur mouse in the bottom right (by default)

but that doesn't do anything? I can't click on my taskbar or desktop when doing the win-comma thing

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Private Speech posted:

but that doesn't do anything? I can't click on my taskbar or desktop when doing the win-comma thing

you have to click on the little vertical bar to the right of the clock

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Private Speech posted:

Doing win+comma and putting your cursor in the bottom right perform the same desktop "peek" action and i was trying to point out that the mouse version was more widely known.

jesus WEP posted:

you have to click on the little vertical bar to the right of the clock

if you hover over it it does the desktop "peek" if you click it it does show desktop which is also win+d. the desktop peek has questionable value and the desktop peek keyboard shortcut even more so.

Maybe its an accessibility thing to allow easy keybinding of the desktop peek via assistive software.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

on a brand new M365 tenancy, enabled by default:

it's really getting ridic how much poo poo needs to be disabled/tweaked to properly shrink and secure the surface area of an M365 tenancy. my favourite example is from the AU DTA Protected Utility Blueprint re some poo poo called "Viva Learning": https://desktop.gov.au/blueprint/office-365.html#viva-learning (tl;dr: big time disable mode).

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Pile Of Garbage posted:

on a brand new M365 tenancy, enabled by default:

it's really getting ridic how much poo poo needs to be disabled/tweaked to properly shrink and secure the surface area of an M365 tenancy. my favourite example is from the AU DTA Protected Utility Blueprint re some poo poo called "Viva Learning": https://desktop.gov.au/blueprint/office-365.html#viva-learning (tl;dr: big time disable mode).

hey... hey you. why don't you bing it up your rear end?!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shaggar posted:

Doing win+comma and putting your cursor in the bottom right perform the same desktop "peek" action and i was trying to point out that the mouse version was more widely known.

if you hover over it it does the desktop "peek" if you click it it does show desktop which is also win+d. the desktop peek has questionable value and the desktop peek keyboard shortcut even more so.

Maybe its an accessibility thing to allow easy keybinding of the desktop peek via assistive software.
the hover must be toggleable because it does not do that on my machine

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

akadajet posted:

hey... hey you. why don't you bing it up your rear end?!

i like to believe that the bing up your rear end video is real and actually happened. it gives me strength to go on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GM4Lt5k24s

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pile Of Garbage posted:

i like to believe that the bing up your rear end video is real and actually happened. it gives me strength to go on

it's real in my heart and that's all that matters

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Pile Of Garbage posted:

lmao

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

Pile Of Garbage posted:

This logic inspired me to found the next big search engine. It's called "AH!"

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I installed windows 11 from a french only installation media, then downloaded and tried to change the system language to english. the result was a bizarre mix of french and english. sometimes the heading is in one language and the subtitle in another

e: Personalisation -> Taskbar crashes the settings app. nice stuff.

distortion park fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Oct 29, 2022

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

distortion park posted:

I installed windows 11 from a french only installation media, then downloaded and tried to change the system language to english. the result was a bizarre mix of french and english. sometimes the heading is in one language and the subtitle in another

bêta testé à l'avenir

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

also no more vertical taskbars, wtf

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

le taskbar?! what the hell is that! :argh:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

post hole digger posted:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

post hole digger posted:

hahaha

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

post hole digger posted:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

distortion park posted:

i imagine this is whats its like to live in quebec

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

i imagine this is whats its like to live in quebec

was gonna say that this is just the Canadian install

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

post hole digger posted:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
My windows 10 update keeps harassing me to update to Windows 11 and I don't want to

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Fabricated posted:

My windows 10 update keeps harassing me to update to Windows 11 and I don't want to

it’s fine

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Yep, it's totally fine to keep ignoring the updates. In fact, it's preferable. Thankfully my aging windows box doesnt support it and so i don't get nagged to update

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
my computer is going to trick me into clicking “upgrade” and some point

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I can't upgrade due to no TPM 2.0 but windows keeps trying to tell me to

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

distortion park posted:

I installed windows 11 from a french only installation media,

found ur problem