Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Somberbrero posted:

there's no new information an investigation can yield for me. if you're executing anarc today then it would only make sense to execute me tomorrow.

btw bif posted in discord at 9:43 and then made their post in thread at 10:22 for the record. i know everyone will be mad at me after this game is over but c'monnnn.

I promise that no matter what happens, I'll be mad at CPig.

HE KNOWS WHAT HE DID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anyway can you talk me through why you didn't want to vote Lotus yesterday?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i also understand that people think i'm stupid for scanning green wing but that's exactly it, i'm stupid. there are so many safe scum investigation targets it makes absolutely no sense as scum. i could confirm ia's keane investigation, i could have investigated tm, i could have investigated IA under the guise of a thrallcheck. why would i scan the nk target? there's zero game utility. i genuinely still thought lotus was town and that i had been right about jadecore until early this morning. confirmation bias is a hell of a drug.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

i also understand that people think i'm stupid for scanning green wing but that's exactly it, i'm stupid. there are so many safe scum investigation targets it makes absolutely no sense as scum. i could confirm ia's keane investigation, i could have investigated tm, i could have investigated IA under the guise of a thrallcheck. why would i scan the nk target? there's zero game utility. i genuinely still thought lotus was town and that i had been right about jadecore until early this morning. confirmation bias is a hell of a drug.

So why couldn't GW be thrall from your perspective?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

Anyway can you talk me through why you didn't want to vote Lotus yesterday?

probably because from an earlygame perspective i feel like lotus pocketed me in retrospect. when the competing claims came out D1 Lotus was one of the few people to side with me openly and i really bought in. i haven't played mafia in a long time and i got really flustered immediately doing this especially with a format i didn't understand.

i see now the d2 outcome didn't really matter because it was between three townies. i felt really good about the jade vote at the time, I felt like there was a pretty clear articulation of why jade was scum and not so much on the other end. i made more than a few posts about why i thought anarc was town, my mistake was assuming that scum were fighting to protect jade for some reason. the way the votes broke down should have made that clear but again i was lost in the sauce.

i understood from a game theory perspective the utility of the lotus vote and obviously it was the right move, i was so sure about IA(my counter-claim buddy) and salad(my Wizard investigation) that I just filled in the blanks with that same level of confidence.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

i keep forgetting about thralls.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

CCKeane posted:

Well it would make zero sense to me to not have a town dabbler...

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Well it would make zero sense to me to not have a town dabbler...

Why couldn't Lotus have been Town, and GW thrall?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

i keep forgetting about thralls.

You mention thralls in that post, though. So who are your picks for the wizards AND thrall?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

BTW lotus did basically admit in our masonry that they're scum

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

What does "basically admit" mean?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm not gonna get mod killed for sharing communication. They basically admitted it. Unless they are town and want town to lose by me thinking they were scum. Which makes zero sense.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm not gonna get mod killed for sharing communication. They basically admitted it. Unless they are town and want town to lose by me thinking they were scum. Which makes zero sense.

Cool, you can paraphrase, what does "basically admit" mean?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I am sure our helpful mods would clarify what counts as communication and you can run a paraphrase past them to make sure it's acceptable.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I asked them and they were evasive and used emojis that indicated scum

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

You mention thralls in that post, though. So who are your picks for the wizards AND thrall?

IA/Salad/Lotus

I am assuming opop was the thrall. we don't need to eliminate the thrall to win anyway though right?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Somberbrero posted:

we don't need to eliminate the thrall to win anyway though right?

The game ends when all Wizards have bitten it or there are more Wizards than other players.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Cool so my strongest preference would be salad today because of the scum result, then IA on the offchance that they've been enthralled by the dastardly wizards and aren't one. If the game was still going after that I sure would be surprised.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
7 hrs to deadline

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote: Somber

Alright then.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Well now that we have no more dabblers, it's not even like we'll get a result so sombers vote won't help. And I'm sure ia will make up a result that makes y'all continue to think I'm scum and confirmation bias or whatever so gg probably. Stupid loving town.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Thanks for believing me anarc 🫡

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I mean if you're lying somber than I'm really loving confused and you played a fabulous scum game

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Anon should vote yourself if you truly believe Somber is town.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
But my role pm says I'm town

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Night 5

Somberbrero had been suspicious from the very start. Now, with less than half the original party left alive, Somber was cornered by four people, all holding blunt instruments.

We will omit what happened next to preserve the sensibilities of the readers. Suffice it to say that Somber the supposed Psychic was pounded, pummeled, pulverized, punched, and also had his rear end kicked. Fatally. :wotwot:

It is now the night. Psychics, sharpen your senses. Dabblers, calibrate your instruments. Improviser, work your magic!

…Wizards, plan a murder.

Final Tally posted:

Somberbrero (4): Tired Moritz, Idle Amalgam, b-minus1, Tired Moritz, saladscooper, CCKeane
saladscooper (1): AnonymousNarcotics, Somberbrero, AnonymousNarcotics
AnonymousNarcotics (1): Tired Moritz, CCKeane, CCKeane
Idle Amalgam (1): AnonymousNarcotics

Quackles fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 28, 2022

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Day 6

The first anyone noticed CCKeane was missing was that they didn't show up for breakfast the next morning. This wasn't too unusual - many of the survivors had become paranoid - but CCK didn't take any room service, either. Eventually, everyone split up to look for CCKeane... only to find they'd disappeared.

No one noticed the new painting in the gallery, with a very familiar face...

CCKeane has died! You have 24 hours to cast your vote and find their killer.

Scan Results posted:

Psychic Readings
Idle Amalgam claims saladscooper is not a Wizard. 🎩

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
so who scum

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I think it's obvious

##vote Anarc

we have a smoking gun psychic report on them

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Yeah

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##vote salad

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Yeah, nothing much else to reveal at this point. Anarc's the last wizard. You played well.

##vote Anarc

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Unless binus and tm pull their heads out of their asses and vote the actual scum today, gg we lost

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
The fact that my posts tend to be read at scummy in EVERY GAME where I'm town really helped them push the narrative and y'all are just going along with the ride.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hey I have an idea.

My POV: we have 3 town and 2 scum left
Narrative IA and salad are pushing: we have 4 town and 1 scum left

If I'm scum, and you vote me out today (meaning somber was scum too) the game ends.

If we vote salad or ia, they kill a townie tonight, the game continues and we'll be left with 3 (2 town 1 scum)

That'll prove my point. Give me one more day so we can turn this around.

If I'm lying, you can just vote me tomorrow.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
If I'm the last scum, and I live until tomorrow, there's literally no way I could win anyway.

So just give me this one vote to prove it.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Or... we could vote the last scum lol

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
But seriously who scum

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Tm. Please vote salad today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Tired Moritz posted:

But seriously who scum

It is Anarc as I, the town psychic, have claimed. As you, in your hearts, have felt. As our fellow dead comrades have proclaimed.

Do the right thing and lunch this scum into the sun.