Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

this week has been a wonderful reminder, it almost flannel season again in the bay area :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

we just hired a student worker and my man is rockin the drop crotch pants and man bun. he is quite large and breathy and he is currently excited about the philosophy behind the matrix films. mad respeck

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Roosevelt posted:

we just hired a student worker and my man is rockin the drop crotch pants and man bun. he is quite large and breathy and he is currently excited about the philosophy behind the matrix films. mad respeck

lol this is absolutely not me, just clearing that up..

matti posted:

- really bad smellin

the gilet I posted earlier? yeah it looks good and is nice and warm but it rides just a little far up in the armholes and after about a 40min walk it was absolutely stinking. I'm going to have to switch from just deodorant to antiperspirant when I wear it.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Roosevelt posted:

he posts in ylls

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shaggar posted:

also i think the words on their own have a pleasant absurdity to them

Fox
    Racing
           Money
                 Clip

yep

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

woulnd't

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Getting ready for Autumn

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i boguht some new vans yesterday

im now fitted with the drip

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I bought a bunch of new clothes & shoes in the end-of-season sales oh it's ok I will send some of it back and only keep the stuff I really like and then I like all of it :o:

My new heavy-duty black jeans have a loop on one thigh for carrying your woodsman's axe :black101:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i buy end of season stuff and then find it years later unworn when doing a purge. i really should stop.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I've been trying to buy clothes made in usa/canada mostly and from a price standpoint it sure keeps me from buying too much

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

qirex posted:

I've been trying to buy clothes made in usa/canada mostly and from a price standpoint it sure keeps me from buying too much

It's all garbage, even stuff like Bonobos have really gone down in quality. The best types of pants I have found are at stores like Uniqlo. They'll even tailor it to your exact height if you ask them.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it depends, basically the more sewing something has the harder it is to find something that isn't a million dollars or crap. t-shirts and socks are easy, pants and jackets are findable but you have to be careful and I can't find button ups or decent underwear

walmart owns bonobos, you shouldn't be shocked by them getting slowly worse

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

graph posted:

there was an edc thread many years ago and someone posted one that included a fox racing money clip

it was Space Kimchi

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

OldAlias posted:

it was Space Kimchi

i still feel real bad we chased out space kimchi. i don’t remember how bad their posting was, only that worse posters stymied around for years after

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

qirex posted:

walmart owns bonobos, you shouldn't be shocked by them getting slowly worse

wttf

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

qirex posted:

it depends, basically the more sewing something has the harder it is to find something that isn't a million dollars or crap. t-shirts and socks are easy, pants and jackets are findable but you have to be careful and I can't find button ups or decent underwear

uniqlo has decent undies. ralph lauren as well.

the thing that gets me is the wild swings in quality even within a brand. one thing that is guaranteed is every season things get worse.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Costco makes pretty good underwear imo, especially for the price.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Agile Vector posted:

i still feel real bad we chased out space kimchi. i don’t remember how bad their posting was, only that worse posters stymied around for years after

i remember them being pretty bad but idk. Theres definitely been worse, some of whom still post today, but that doesnt mean chasing sk out was a bad idea.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

OldAlias posted:

it was Space Kimchi

it couldnt have been

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i recommend icebreaker merino underwear, it’s super comfortable and i have standardised on it, I can’t handle cotton anymore

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

dress me only in clothes containing at least some spandex

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

KidDynamite posted:

uniqlo has decent undies. ralph lauren as well.

the thing that gets me is the wild swings in quality even within a brand. one thing that is guaranteed is every season things get worse.

I’m trying to find stuff made locally, I like uniqlo but it’s the literal opposite of buy american

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

qirex posted:

I’m trying to find stuff made locally, I like uniqlo but it’s the literal opposite of buy american

I’ve been buying teeshirt from dehen 1920 lately they have some cool stuff made in Portland

I also have a filson wool coat but only their coats are made here I think they just license their brand for the shirts

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i got two jackets (light and heavy) and some hiking pants and a sweater rolling in today

also yospos ran off SK undeservedly but it was like a decade plus ago when the vibe was set by two or three prolific posters who are now gone, and theyre also now well-known insane terfs. makes u think

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I bought a kirkland signature jacket, it's pretty good.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
nice. Costco is anti-allium though, so i won't shop there

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

been holding off on buying some new clothes cause ill absolutely lose this extra weight

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Jonny 290 posted:

nice. Costco is anti-allium though, so i won't shop there

forsaken by the food court

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I think filson got scooped up by PE and makes nothing any more? at least in the USA? or maybe they were just aggressively downsizing or union busting or something

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
i've been wearing levis 541s. i think they're supposed to be for swole ppl, but i just wear them cause they're roomy and comfortable.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Bloody posted:

I think filson got scooped up by PE and makes nothing any more? at least in the USA? or maybe they were just aggressively downsizing or union busting or something

I think they still make some small leather goods (belts, wallets, that sort of thing) in Seattle but otherwise I think this is right.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Cat Face Joe posted:

been holding off on buying some new clothes cause ill absolutely lose this extra weight

this has been me since 2019, and now the only things that I fit into are conference tshirts from the early 2010s

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Cat Face Joe posted:

Buy some clothes just a little too small. It will definitely motivate you to lose the weight and not just further depress you every day when you still can’t fit into them.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Cat Face Joe posted:

i got off the john muir trail this past summer and about a week later it seemed like my grandma's health was failing, so I rushed out and bought a nice new black suit to prepare for the worst. anyways she recovered and i've gained like 15 lbs since then :cawg:

dont buy a suit right after doing a thru-hike. what an idiot. lmao

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Bloody posted:

oh, boo. My Filson shirt says made in USA but that doesn't mean Seattle

AtomD posted:

i've been wearing levis 541s. i think they're supposed to be for swole ppl, but i just wear them cause they're roomy and comfortable.

I have a pair of 541s and they're comfortable. I have weird legs in that my thighs and butt are relatively large (I work out so in theory I'm the market for 541s) but my calves and feet are pretty small, so its hard finding pants that are slim and tapered enough to not make my calves look baggy but aren't tight up top

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

post hole digger posted:

i got off the john muir trail this past summer and about a week later it seemed like my grandma's health was failing, so I rushed out and bought a nice new black suit to prepare for the worst. anyways she recovered and i've gained like 15 lbs since then :cawg:

dont buy a suit right after doing a thru-hike. what an idiot. lmao

i had the opposite problem years ago. i got measured for a tux for my friend's wedding and then lost 50 pounds in the following months. they were able to make the necessary adjustments there in the store but they weren't happy about it lol

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

AtomD posted:

they are extremely my poo poo. they also have some sisterhood of the travelling pants properties in that they fit me at varying and vastly different fitness levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Bloody posted:

last I checked (some years ago) it was mixed. They had some real expensive stuff made in the USA and then other stuff.