Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Al-Saqr posted:

lol what the hell is going on why is Justice giant who's the new girl what does she mean little sister

New girl is a horseman, probably Famine, here to help out her lil' sis war by making her dead friend a giant monster.

Libluini posted:

If the author knows his birds, definitely a Raven. (Ravens are capable of manipulating other animals to do their bidding, doing stuff like leading large predators (including Humans, once upon a time, not so much today) to prey or freshly dead animals, just so they have someone that can open up the carcass for easier access to the soft bits inside.)

Oooooo, that's a good guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I'm reading Fire Punch

what the gently caress

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

RubberLuffy posted:

I'm reading Fire Punch

what the gently caress

Yeah, it relies heavily on the shock factor at first, then it gets really good, then it gets really poo poo.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yeah, it relies heavily on the shock factor at first, then it gets really good, then it gets really poo poo.

It always relies on the shock factor. It's still really good throughout.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

At the risk of being controversial: Fire Punch just wasn't my thing. I think reading Chainsaw Man first kind of spoiled it for me because the things I did like about it are done way better in Chainsaw Man.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Do you? Or is that just how she WANTS you to feel? :tinfoil:

i like redheads

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

RubberLuffy posted:

I'm reading Fire Punch

what the gently caress

I'm up to a bit where he knowcked down a big tree.
i really like his use of jump cuts, either literal or "this thing just super suddenly happened." Togata's fight on the train being the best example so far but Togata just seems to be a general shining star.

I'm really glued to it so far but it's hard to say if I'm enjoying it. Fujimoto just kind of slaps you sideways with moments (who likes dogs?) and I'm super uncertain where things are going now with 21 chapters left to go but I'm invested.

EDIT
Disregard: San just ripped off the Bible quote bit from Pulp Fiction. Fire Punch is neat.

Popo fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 29, 2022

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Stairmaster posted:

i like redheads

Angel Devil is the superior redheaded hottie :colbert:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Angel Devil is the superior redheaded hottie :colbert:

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1586703852027486208?t=dKRhdE4ef82RFTIWBDG3_w&s=19

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Ooh, time for baseless speculation...

Chainsaw Boy: Denji and Pochita's adventures in devil hunting for the yakuza

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chainsaw Man GX where a new protagonist takes over and they all go to a school toge....

Wait.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Elfface posted:

Obviously not, it's going to be an entirely episodic series, the NEW Adventures of Chainsw Man, in which Chainsaw Man meets various celebrities to solve a mystery of the week. He'll meet popular music acts, comedians, entire sports teams and occaisionally other shounen jump characters depending on effective brand synergy or if another series needs a boost.

or it might be The 13 Devisl of Chainsaw Man, guest staring Juni Ito and some annoying kid companion. 13 particularly powerful Devisl have been set lose and now it's time for Scoob-I mean Chainsaw Man, Aki, Power and some new tag along kid called something stupid like Flip Flop to track them down.

Or... or it could be a boy named Chainsaw Man which is exactly the same as the original but they're kids and it's mostly just people pretending to be Devils. (How did a Pup named Scooby Doo go? Was it real ghosts as opposed to the fakes thery would later encounter?)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kobeni spin off

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Popo posted:

Obviously not, it's going to be an entirely episodic series, the NEW Adventures of Chainsw Man, in which Chainsaw Man meets various celebrities to solve a mystery of the week. He'll meet popular music acts, comedians, entire sports teams and occaisionally other shounen jump characters depending on effective brand synergy or if another series needs a boost.

or it might be The 13 Devisl of Chainsaw Man, guest staring Juni Ito and some annoying kid companion. 13 particularly powerful Devisl have been set lose and now it's time for Scoob-I mean Chainsaw Man, Aki, Power and some new tag along kid called something stupid like Flip Flop to track them down.

Or... or it could be a boy named Chainsaw Man which is exactly the same as the original but they're kids and it's mostly just people pretending to be Devils. (How did a Pup named Scooby Doo go? Was it real ghosts as opposed to the fakes thery would later encounter?)

Definitely need a younger, cooler version of Pochita who talks more and is always doing stupid poo poo

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Can't forget the Johnny Bravo Chainsaw Man crossover ep from back in the day

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I finished Fire Punch.

I think I love the idea of this manga more than the execution. Still think it should be read because it's so interesting.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

a kitten posted:

Definitely need a younger, cooler version of Pochita who talks more and is always doing stupid poo poo

Something like this?

https://twitter.com/QkiJose/status/1586339073668456448?t=QWTUGAOwTM_Ihn4kAQBhdw&s=19

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

RubberLuffy posted:

I finished Fire Punch.

I think I love the idea of this manga more than the execution. Still think it should be read because it's so interesting.

I think this encapsulates how I feel. For a fist run in Sj it's incredible and deserves the hype and praise but could have used a bit more poking here and there. I'm absolutely going to read it again though. Togata demands I make a lovely video essay. He must be discussed.

In far more important news;

https://twitter.com/akiisass/status/1586825153098440704

I love this continuing crossover. (Not sure why it's marked as potentially offensive or whatever, it's just Anya from Spy x Family hugging Pochita...)

Popo fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 30, 2022

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I'm offended because I can't hug El Pochita or El Pocho

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Elfface posted:

Alternate time line where Denji became Pchita's heart instead.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

halloween

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

hbag posted:

halloween

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

hbag posted:

halloween

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

hbag posted:

halloween

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Popo posted:

I think this encapsulates how I feel. For a fist run in Sj it's incredible and deserves the hype and praise but could have used a bit more poking here and there. I'm absolutely going to read it again though. Togata demands I make a lovely video essay. He must be discussed.

In far more important news;

https://twitter.com/akiisass/status/1586825153098440704

I love this continuing crossover. (Not sure why it's marked as potentially offensive or whatever, it's just Anya from Spy x Family hugging Pochita...)

So this is what's going to happen in the next chapter of Spy x Family...

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

hbag posted:

halloween

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

hbag posted:

halloween

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hallo....ween?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thread title change imo

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I know I’m overthinking it and it being nonsensical is the point, but I really still don’t get the “Halloween” part of Cosmos’ power. Like I get driving you crazy with omniscience. But why the word Halloween in particular?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

galagazombie posted:

I know I’m overthinking it and it being nonsensical is the point, but I really still don’t get the “Halloween” part of Cosmos’ power. Like I get driving you crazy with omniscience. But why the word Halloween in particular?

It's random and random is funny.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

galagazombie posted:

well, what else would it be

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Halloween is the devil's day

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
and it's great because you're like what's going on is this like the Halloween devil or something but then boom you get that awesome reveal and the panelling with all the books

you can only think of Halloween until you die

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Halloween

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

galagazombie posted:

Why is the Boltzmann constant 8.314