Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

PhazonLink posted:

how does it spread?

Umm... Did you forget already? His farts spread it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

The Last Call posted:

Kicker is he sent out a ton of armed police to suppress voting in one area, didn't work out, so how is he doing now?

https://twitter.com/UjuAnya/status/1586905601073991684

LOL

How is the rest of the country handling it?

https://twitter.com/choquei/status/1586929549484466176
https://twitter.com/bchartsnet/status/1586902014369349632

lol, nice

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

This is unconfirmed at this point, I’m sure. I mean, I believe Elon said it, but it appears he often needs cooling off periods.

It would generate tons of money from the thirstiest wannabe influencers and poo poo, but it would also chase off everyone who was in some way important.

Verification is not a status thing, it’s a way to make it harder for people to imitate famous/prominent people.

He's not trying to make money off of the people who have the blue check, he's gearing up to start selling blue checks to anybody who's willing to pay for it. The money isn't in charging a handful of celebrities a fee that he'll probably be willing to waive for the folks who have it already. The real money is in selling the illusion of being one of the in crowd to all the assclowns who will line up all day long to pay a monthly fee to finally feel important. I mean maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not.

poo poo, I'm surprised he hasn't started offering "Bot Follower Signal Booster" packages as a subscription service yet.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

how does it spread?

there were these two giant fangs in new york that bit Rudy really hard

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
It bears repeating:

https://twitter.com/ImMrTransistor/status/1518730160609980416

Also gently caress Bolsonaro, but 50.9% is not a very comfortable margin for poo poo like this. I'm sure that in an actually fair unsuppressed election the margin would be larger, but still.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Buce posted:

there were these two giant fangs in new york that bit Rudy really hard

Nah, it was the backpat of death that started it

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Cornwind Evil posted:

Can someone explain to me the exact medical mechanics of why Bolasceno needs to have feces extracted through his nose? Okay, he got stabbed, it messed up his guts badly, he can't defecate like normal, so...feces just accumulates in his bowels and intestines until he has it extracted through his nose? How the hell can he eat anything? And wouldn't it be easier to insert a tube and extract it through his rectum, even if he can't poop normally? This is what happens when my main exposure to an issue is mocking of it.

I know nothing of Bolsonaro's condition other than what you just said, but I can give you some guesses based off of working in the disability equipment field for about 10 years so I had lots of clients with bowel issues.

Your bowels are weak and they move poo poo through them. Any leaking into other parts of your body can easily turn septic and kill you so it's not uncommon for doctors to temporarily install a colostomy bag while your tubes heal. Perhaps the doctors can't be sure that he's completely healed or sealed up safely. Why they don't install a colostomy bag, I don't know.

As far as coming out his nose, I can say that it's likely just the easiest route. You would be suprised to find out how easy it is to get backed up enough that you start to poo poo out of your mouth. I have had multiple clients hospitalized with this issue.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

If I worked at Twitter, I’d quit ASAP while the job market is still open. Who needs that poo poo.

It's likely the better move to stay and force them to fire you. If you quit, you're not entitled to any severance package. If you're laid off, you may get a package worth five or six figures.

There's probably some employees hoping they'll get laid off, take a nice severance, and walk away from the chaos. Of course, others are going to have their lives turned upside down.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

It's likely the better move to stay and force them to fire you. If you quit, you're not entitled to any severance package. If you're laid off, you may get a package worth five or six figures.

There's probably some employees hoping they'll get laid off, take a nice severance, and walk away from the chaos. Of course, others are going to have their lives turned upside down.

They should absolutely be looking for better opportunities and it's still a relatively hot market so they should be able to land somewhere if they're not completely useless. Definitely not just quitting without something lined up though.

Having a new gig to goto >>>>> getting laid off even with severance most of the time imo, if only for the having a bit of control of what is going on in your life.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

priznat posted:

They should absolutely be looking for better opportunities and it's still a relatively hot market so they should be able to land somewhere if they're not completely useless. Definitely not just quitting without something lined up though.

Having a new gig to goto >>>>> getting laid off even with severance most of the time imo, if only for the having a bit of control of what is going on in your life.

Oh certainly, I don't mean they shouldn't look. I'm saying if they time things well they'll be able to take a severance package AND move on to a new thing.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Oh certainly, I don't mean they shouldn't look. I'm saying if they time things well they'll be able to take a severance package AND move on to a new thing.

This is true, if they know it is imminent they could have an offer in their back pocket and not give notice, get laid off Nov 1 with the severance and then start the new gig! I hope some manage that.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
How great would it be if this comes out a broken mess that leaks everyone's personal/payment information because everyone had to code this in like a few hours and has a million back doors. Also pretty sure this is Musk is trying to create just cause so he doesn't have to pay severance however will just create a giant class action lawsuit he will lose in the first week of owning the company.

Vire fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Oct 31, 2022

MonkeyBum
Nov 7, 2003

MettleRamiel posted:

I know nothing of Bolsonaro's condition other than what you just said, but I can give you some guesses based off of working in the disability equipment field for about 10 years so I had lots of clients with bowel issues.

Your bowels are weak and they move poo poo through them. Any leaking into other parts of your body can easily turn septic and kill you so it's not uncommon for doctors to temporarily install a colostomy bag while your tubes heal. Perhaps the doctors can't be sure that he's completely healed or sealed up safely. Why they don't install a colostomy bag, I don't know.

As far as coming out his nose, I can say that it's likely just the easiest route. You would be suprised to find out how easy it is to get backed up enough that you start to poo poo out of your mouth. I have had multiple clients hospitalized with this issue.

He likely has abdominal adhesions from his history of being stabbed/whatever. This leads to scar tissue formation than can strangle the small intestines so to speak, which triggers partial small bowel obstruction. The treatment is decompress of the upper gi tract via a nasogastric tube. The alternative would be repeat abdominal surgery to lyse the adhesions. This is just as likely to form additional scar tissue however, thus triggering recurrent small bowel obstructions.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

lol remember this

The guy who had Paul loving Manafort as his campaign chairman and Roger loving Stone as his special advisor wants to tell you what he's doing about "The Swamp"

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

The basic failure of logic from someone who is supposed to be tech person is absolutely infuriating.

If there is tiny possibility, then throw a few million at an investigation. Until then you are deliberately spreading disinformtion to your 100 million followers, for an obvious political purpose. The mask is off. Which obvioulsy it has been for some time, but it's still shocking to see it so stark like this.

"Free Speech" invariably translated as "The Opportunity to Spread Far-Right Disinformation".

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Bucky Fullminster posted:

The guy who had Paul loving Manafort as his campaign chairman and Roger loving Stone as his special advisor wants to tell you what he's doing about "The Swamp"

to beat the swamp, you first have to strengthen the swamp

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Free speech definitively does not extend to telling right wing idiots to eat a turd.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

turds are delicious

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

MettleRamiel posted:

How many were Fox News hosts?

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
I got up early to get gas for Halloween shenanigans for the kids, and there was a portly 60ish year old dude wearing yellow and black and a Proud Boy hat in the gas station in line in front of me. At 5am. Where you going in your Proud Boy merch at 5am on a Monday?

Cool country we have.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

UltraShame posted:

I got up early to get gas for Halloween shenanigans for the kids, and there was a portly 60ish year old dude wearing yellow and black and a Proud Boy hat in the gas station in line in front of me. At 5am. Where you going in your Proud Boy merch at 5am on a Monday?

Cool country we have.

Triggered lib? :smug:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Maybe he’s just going out as a shithead fascist for Halloween

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Cornwind Evil posted:

someone explain to me the exact medical mechanics of why Bolasceno needs to have feces extracted through his nose? Okay, he got stabbed, it messed up his guts badly, he can't defecate like normal, so...feces just accumulates in his bowels and intestines until he has it extracted through his nose? How the hell can he eat anything? And wouldn't it be easier to insert a tube and extract it through his rectum, even if he can't poop normally? This is what happens when my main exposure to an issue is mocking of it.

:iiaca:

Amazing Zimmo posted:

turds are delicious

If they're so delicious, why doesn't Bolsonaro get them removed through the mouth instead, so he can taste them?

Checkmate, libturdailure :viggo:

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Mistle posted:

If they're so delicious, why doesn't Bolsonaro get them removed through the mouth instead, so he can taste them?

Checkmate, libturdailure :viggo:

because that man is uncultured swine

he does not understand the the status and manliness associated with partaking of ones own fecal matter

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

MettleRamiel posted:

I know nothing of Bolsonaro's condition other than what you just said

Apparently he intentionally doesn't defecate whenever his body needs to, only once every two days. Why? Because he's an idiot.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Apparently he intentionally doesn't defecate whenever his body needs to, only once every two days. Why? Because he's an idiot.

he got stabbed in the intestines and they got scrambled real good, he backs up until it's critical and then they run a tube through his nose down his throat and pump it out

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Ballsarono is literally full of poo poo all the time

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

An insane mind posted:

Ballsarono is literally full of poo poo all the time

don't forget that he gets COVID about once a month lol

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

MettleRamiel posted:

That's nothing! We used to have a president who poo poo out of his mouth daily.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Nelson Mandingo posted:

If he has an ostomy from the stabbings he could do what is called irrigating which is where every 2 days you pump water into your ostomy and it triggers defecation. Some people with ostomies get so regular this way they don't wear bags.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

In a post Cruz v FEC world it isn’t at all crazy because following the election he’s able to pay himself back with money people donate to him.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Cornwind Evil posted:

Can someone explain to me the exact medical mechanics of why Bolasceno needs to have feces extracted through his nose? Okay, he got stabbed, it messed up his guts badly, he can't defecate like normal, so...feces just accumulates in his bowels and intestines until he has it extracted through his nose? How the hell can he eat anything? And wouldn't it be easier to insert a tube and extract it through his rectum, even if he can't poop normally? This is what happens when my main exposure to an issue is mocking of it.

I'm not a doctor, however... my guess is that he probably needs a colostomy bag but is too vain to do so. As for why they go through the nose; could be all sorts of reasons. Maybe his lower bowel is too messed up internally for them to feel safe to put a tube up there. Maybe they specifically want to drain from the top for some purpose.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

There's a chance that the doctors do it through his nose just because they hate him.

I mean, when part of your whole deal is violently going after academics, intellectuals, etc., don't expect the best medical care. :shrug:

also possibly this.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Imagine you had to pump poo poo out of trump every 2 days. You’d probably do it in the dumbest way possible as well, just out of spite.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

funeral home DJ posted:

Imagine you had to pump poo poo out of trump every 2 days. You’d probably do it in the dumbest way possible as well, just out of spite.

Don't know why but this just reminded me of when the Chinese government was forcing US diplomats to get anal swab covid tests, lmao

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Batterypowered7 posted:

Don't know why but this just reminded me of when the Chinese government was forcing US diplomats to get anal swab covid tests, lmao

fucken lol so much stupid poo poo that i just forgot

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Batterypowered7 posted:

Lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Batterypowered7 posted:

Lol

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Batterypowered7 posted:

lol

digital penitence fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Oct 31, 2022

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Elon just fired the top people at Twitter 'for cause' so he wouldn't have to pay them any severance. Which, by the way, legally required severance for an ordinary employee won't look anything like that. Also it's a lot easier to find a job when you have a job. I'd be out the door by now if I worked there.

Edit: and the whole thing about being fired, of course, is you the employee don't get to time that. That's the whole risk. Again, much better to get out of there when you can rather than wait for the axe to fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Design, develop, test, debug, performance test, sign off, roll out and be able to handle millions of users hitting the servers on the first day. In one week.

lol and dare I say it lmao