Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

uber_stoat posted:

they have pulled this one before several times. and yet still it returns like a porcine revenant to haunt our stomachs.

edit fun fact, the McRib was invented by the US army.

Yeah I am not worried. It’s too easy a lever to pull. Maybe they won’t bring it back next year but where I live it doesn’t come back every year even when it’s nation wide anyway.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

still waiting for the chicken big mac that they refuse to release nationwide :colbert:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I've always wanted a megamac

No, special ordering a big Mac w extra patties is NOT the same

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The McRib returns every time there's excess pork supply.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

The McRib returns every time there's excess pork supply.

maybe this is truly the last time. pork to $100/lb

----------------

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
was gunna make some cup noodle but drat mcrib is back so im gunna go get one

fingers crossed they slasher so much bbq that it looks like someone took an explosive poo poo in a cardboard box

edit: regular bbq... was good. no one died

Philthy fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 25, 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

spooky typo

----------------

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
I went to a McDonald’s that had a voice recognition drive thru and it was dogshit. Seems like the lady at the drive thru had to correct everyone’s order including ours, so it was super slow. It’s gotta straight up lose them money with how clumsy it is.

:sax: :drum: :guitar:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lol "farewell tour"

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
So it's a parody of rock bands going on their "last ever tour" and then continuing to play shows years later? Surprising amount of self-awareness

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

they should have the mcrib available in vegas year-round

----------------

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
I got a mcrib tonight

It's not as good as I remember :(

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
I ordered a mcrib and got a ten piece nugs which I was not upset about whatsoever

:sax: :drum: :guitar:

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

I got a mcrib tonight

It's not as good as I remember :(

They never are. We're forever chasing the McDragon.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dougdrums posted:

I ordered a mcrib and got a ten piece nugs which I was not upset about whatsoever

lol it's like when the bartender starts serving you virgin drinks after you've had one too many

----------------

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Current limited time menu in Japan has deep fried onion rings and spicy cheese(?) sauce ontop of a bacon cheeseburger. The also have a Kebab burger that is calling my name.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Barudak posted:

Current limited time menu in Japan has deep fried onion rings and spicy cheese(?) sauce ontop of a bacon cheeseburger. The also have a Kebab burger that is calling my name.

Wow that sounds exciting but have you considered... mcnuggets with barbecue sauce AND sweet and sour sauce??? :wth:

(they were literally advertising this on a loving billboard this summer. I thought, oh did they change the formulation of the sauces? Is there a deal on? Nope! Just advertising a regular menu item at regular price as some kind of exotic LTO :dumb:) "Try" it today!

----------------

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I mean the branded LTO meals are all just like "a 6 piece nuggets with bbq and a sprite," it's all just poo poo you can get whenever.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
That's literally what makes it so galling in the face of other countries getting cool poo poo

McDonald's in Italy had loving curly fries at one point

The North American menu is the only one that gets smaller year after year

----------------

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Their most proud "innovation" in NA appears to be using cheese slices instead of shredded cheese for the wraps :barf: I'm sure they saved $0.0002 per wrap

----------------

Barudak
May 7, 2007

When I had McD as a client the lack of menu innovation in NA was due to franchisees being very, very differently distributed than in other countries, not wanting to upset the core business market, and genuine small mindedness for those overseeing US operations.

Basically every other market had people chomping at the bit to try new things and the US people were like "gently caress no, whatever the Boomers ate is the menu"

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
gently caress that. The franchises should be competing against each other like Subway! :mad:

----------------

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

In seeing the eclectic menu in other countries, I wish we had more variety in USA mcds.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
With the advent of the Ghost Whopper, I've pledged my fealty to The King.

----------------

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its been a long time now since I worked McD but there was a massive internal row over the various spicy sandwiches and franchisees at each others throat over them. It was insane.

Edit: The McD Japan promo I think is previous world cup burgers. Thats neat.

Also the Char Aznable burger for all the poo poo I talked being a rebadge of existing food was drat good.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Nov 3, 2022

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

i say swears online posted:

lol it's like when the bartender starts serving you virgin drinks after you've had one too many

Wat

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

they were protecting him for his own good

----------------

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Got a McRib today. Not enough sauce.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
With the mobile app I can get 10 nugs for $2 on the day after the Islanders win a game.

The Islanders are currently on a five game win streak.

Mr. Fish fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 4, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Kebab Burger is wild. Its chicken fried patty with cheese on top so its not a kebab, but its smothered in sauce Japanese people think goes on a Kebab and lots of lettuce and tomato so it still fees Japanese Kebab-esque. Honestly every part of the flavor profile is unlike a McDonald's regular menu item Im looking to see if this stores Ronald McDonald has a goatee

Ill have to try the fried rice cakes instead of buns burgers next time

Barudak fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 5, 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

well i did it. i had 12,000 app points about to expire, so had to order, wait fifiteen minutes in the parking lot, and order again to be able to use them. love the app

edit and as usual, hot mustard replaced with honey mustard

----------------

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

well i did it. i had 12,000 app points about to expire, so had to order, wait fifiteen minutes in the parking lot, and order again to be able to use them. love the app

edit and as usual, hot mustard replaced with honey mustard

this is really funny to me because I've almost done that before

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

WITCHCRAFT posted:

this is really funny to me because I've almost done that before

I would never blame you because they're incredibly stingy with points to a stupid level

I think it took me six months of occasional lunch to hit the 6k threshold for a free big mac

Meanwhile, Burger King cant throw enough free food at me fast enough to eat, let alone

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah it's insane to blow 1500 points on a mcchicken and not be able to use an app deal that would've been a bogo. i always use the latter and the points just add up, took me right at a year to nab 12000 i guess but they were going to expire a huge portion

----------------

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I wish the points came in smaller proportions. I always see my point total, thinking "Jesus, I have TWO THOUSAND points? I will eat like a king" and then I remember that it's 6,000 points for a single apple slice or something like that

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

yeah it's insane to blow 1500 points on a mcchicken and not be able to use an app deal that would've been a bogo. i always use the latter and the points just add up, took me right at a year to nab 12000 i guess but they were going to expire a huge portion

If you combine forces with a friend with a phone you can get lunch for like 4 people pretty cheap.

Or just use 2 phones.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a cheap moto on wifi could possibly pay for itself if you eat mcdonalds constantly lol

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
there was cheese on my mcgriddle today :manning:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

AARD VARKMAN posted:

there was cheese on my mcgriddle today :manning:

That's pretty gross.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I didn’t know people ordered them without cheese.

----------------