Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I really dig that Godzilla design, especially when he powers up at the very end. He’s a good mix of ‘89’s stature plus Shin’s bad skin condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Every Godzilla movie takes place in post war Japan

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Mantis42 posted:

Every Godzilla movie takes place in post war Japan

Apparently they mean like right after the war when Japan was still occupied by America

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Godzilla is friend to Japan and will defeat American GIs

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

SuddenCactus posted:

Godzilla is friend to Japan and will defeat American GIs

I can't wait for another Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah controversy when Godzilla murks a bunch of American troops again.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I really dig that Godzilla design, especially when he powers up at the very end. He’s a good mix of ‘89’s stature plus Shin’s bad skin condition.

There's a sofubi of him

https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0550034/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Speaking of - they have something called Buyee now and lets you order stuff from the store for only like $5 shipping. Just did my first order so fingers crossed!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The new short is out now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EArCldXz8qo

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Godzilla vs an army of Space Chicken Chainsaws was pretty great. It reminded me of the G14 vs Shin fanfilm from a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmMzJbOpU3o

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla holds up, plays well on a big screen too. And I liked the fan film they played beforehand.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Was anyone else’s stream hosed up? My theater’s stream was constantly stuttering for the entire runtime and even looked sub-720 at a couple points.

Two dudes next to me also had a full volume conversation about Gone With The Wind for the first hour of the movie and then told my friend to gently caress off when he asked them to be quiet, so not exactly a fun theater experience in general tonight.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the picture quality was a little rough, esp. during the storm scene at the beginning.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Maxwell Lord posted:

Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla holds up, plays well on a big screen too. And I liked the fan film they played beforehand.

That was the film they put together for I think the 50th anniversary. I remember reading about it because the Godzilla suit they use was a particular one that I think was previously damaged? There was a cool story to go with it.

The behind the scenes footage was fun as hell. Making these movie must be so fun.

Pikhezu
Jan 1, 2021

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Was anyone else’s stream hosed up? My theater’s stream was constantly stuttering for the entire runtime and even looked sub-720 at a couple points.

Two dudes next to me also had a full volume conversation about Gone With The Wind for the first hour of the movie and then told my friend to gently caress off when he asked them to be quiet, so not exactly a fun theater experience in general tonight.

The nonstop stuttering was making me slightly queasy and I spent more time trying to figure out what was going wrong than actually paying attention to the movie. The guy I went with didn't notice it so I guess it was subtle, but it drove me mad. It was hard to watch.

My theater was packed, but mostly quiet. No cheering or laughing or anything (like Shin had). Kinda dead. Sort of wishing I had saved the effort and just watched the blu-ray at home instead.

Still, if they do something like this again next year, I'll probably go. I hope they work the kinks out. This was my first Fathom event and I hope to god they are not all like that.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That was the film they put together for I think the 50th anniversary. I remember reading about it because the Godzilla suit they use was a particular one that I think was previously damaged? There was a cool story to go with it.

The behind the scenes footage was fun as hell. Making these movie must be so fun.

If it's a previously used suit then I can only imagine it's a heavily modified version of thr Godzilla 2000 suit. Maybe it being damaged is why Godzilla barely moves in the movie.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
It was the Final Wars suit, it was nice to see it because it was designed to be really mobile and we only got to see it at work in one film.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Vintersorg posted:

Speaking of - they have something called Buyee now and lets you order stuff from the store for only like $5 shipping. Just did my first order so fingers crossed!

I just want to go back and personally blame you two for the order I just placed :colbert:

Got a whole bunch of friendmas shopping done though.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Has nothing come of the John Carpenter tease yet? I would've thought we would of heard more by now, especially given G-Day.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

It's just for a TV marathon of his favourite Kaiju films that he's presenting. It's pretty cool but probably less than what a lot of people hoped for, which is the danger of teasing it like that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pikhezu posted:

The nonstop stuttering was making me slightly queasy and I spent more time trying to figure out what was going wrong than actually paying attention to the movie. The guy I went with didn't notice it so I guess it was subtle, but it drove me mad. It was hard to watch.

My theater was packed, but mostly quiet. No cheering or laughing or anything (like Shin had). Kinda dead. Sort of wishing I had saved the effort and just watched the blu-ray at home instead.

Still, if they do something like this again next year, I'll probably go. I hope they work the kinks out. This was my first Fathom event and I hope to god they are not all like that.

I figured it was something with the conversion but yeah my screening also had some odd stuttering here and there. Our crowd was pretty into it. A lot of the joke / funny moments actually landed with most.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

The screening I was at definitely had some sort of intermittent framerate issue but the crowd was still pretty into the movie. Sara was definitely a crowd favorite.

It's been a bit since I watched the bluray but the subtitles they used for the screening seemed different. Anyone else notice that?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Great to hear about the new movie! The king is back.

FlashFearless
Nov 4, 2004
Death. But not for you, Gunslinger. Never for you.

Vintersorg posted:

gently caress yeah, they have a Varan (Balan) figure!

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

Where did you find the Godzilla store on Buyee? I couldn’t find it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

When you go to the Godzilla store you should get a polio at the bottom about it. It bypassed UBlock so should show for everyone.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Vintersorg posted:

Last time I used Buyee I didn't notice that there was shipping TO Buyee's warehouse and then shipping FROM Buyee's warehouse to me. Be careful on that.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/lnmkseb.mp4

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/horror4kids/status/1588894377833009152?s=46&t=lscYDkC7j2i4kvfmJRpn5w

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiohkY_XQYQ

Youtube link for people who aren't having issues playing Twitter embeds.

Norway seems to have a problem with trolls.
Is this related to Trollhunter at all?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Terrible Opinions posted:

Is this related to Trollhunter at all?

Doesn't seem to be, completely different cast & crew and even production companies. The director/writer says that he's been thinking of making this film for 20 years: https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/norwegian-fantasy-adventure-troll-what-we-know-so-far-08-2022/

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

it me

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/kaijunewsoutlet/status/1593050165480665088?s=46&t=0kvt80wd7vNcrPl90Nu2cg

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I don’t want a bad Netflix anime, I want a gruesome man-in-suit movie where Gamera has his arms blown off for some reason

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I will watch the living gently caress out of that

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I will watch the living gently caress out of that

Word for word what I was about to post.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1593427797913083906?s=20&t=OAyF9LJzqHY_IwFeq4Jakg

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
On one hand, yay more Gamera. On the other hand I haven't been at all impressed by the last three kaiju anime that Netflix has released.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I loved Singular Point. Where is the second series of that?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Oh poo poo, Pacific Rim The Black's second season came out. Was it any good? The first season wasn't good but at the very end did start to get dumb in a fun way, did the second season continue in that vein or was it just boring like the rest of the first season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

a little on the nose there..