Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i'm the dead squid.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i see a glass of liquor, a mug of beer, and a bottle of wine, but how does a squid get you drunk?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

President Beep posted:

posting here for those that don’t read the computer problem thread:

I’ve got a sql server FOR INSERT trigger that is also firing when I update a record. seems like this is expected behavior (hosed up if true) but I don’t want it to do that. is there some way to prevent the trigger from seeing an update as an insert?

i dont know

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

ffffffffffffriday night, mfer!!!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i'm going through my raw backlog/library to update my portfolio and spotted something. it made me think, "you know, there's a special old timer out on the west coast that might enjoy this picture of a ferry, even though i took it through binoculars for some reason"

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Nov 4, 2022

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

prefect posted:

i see a glass of liquor, a mug of beer, and a bottle of wine, but how does a squid get you drunk?
buttchugging a moonshine-soaked squid is what separates the wheat from the chaff

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Kenny Logins posted:

buttchugging a moonshine-soaked squid is what separates the wheat from the chaff

i think i would be happy to be chaff in this case

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

prefect posted:

the squid floats around in the alcohol, dies, then you eat the squid? i guess?

note: i have never tried squid

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

prefect posted:

paging trig

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

cjs: it's friday, thankful for this temporal blessing but the journey here was bad

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

prefect posted:

dried squid is a popular drinking snack

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

cls: wtf. i got a notification about an hour ago that my credit card was removed from apple pay

...it turns out, actually, it was canceled. by bank of america. because "sometimes they just do that even if you don't have an outstanding balance and are up to date on bills", per the guy on the phone presumably talking about a different department. "it happens sometimes. i can help you apply for a new card no problem though."

my dude, go gently caress yourself. there is no way i am trusting bank of america now, are you loving serious lmao. now i need to figure out what that was tied to and get another card elsewhere if they'll allow it :rolleyes:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

isn’t that illegal since you didn’t authorise it and now your credit history will be shorter

mystes
May 31, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

isn’t that illegal since you didn’t authorise it and now your credit history will be shorter
Violating the constitutional right to a credit history

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

isn’t that illegal since you didn’t authorise it

i thought so, but it's in the agreement (i had the guy read me the section and then i checked the copy i have, it's there). loving ridiculous

amex doesn't wanna give me another card since i closed out my account recently due to the annual fee, and i've already got the amazon visa (but i'd rather not use it for anything besides amazon, otherwise the apr is insane). anyone have a recommendation?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

would corporations really do that? just go out there and break laws with no consequences?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

prefect posted:

it is Not Done to drink without eating in korea or really any east asian hard-drinking country

mystes
May 31, 2006

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

would corporations really do that? just go out there and break laws with no consequences?
Actually there's only one law and it's "corporations can do whatever they want"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

why the gently caress does my credit score vary by 120 points depending on whose checking

this is loving bullshit

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

i thought so, but it's in the agreement (i had the guy read me the section and then i checked the copy i have, it's there). loving ridiculous

amex doesn't wanna give me another card since i closed out my account recently due to the annual fee, and i've already got the amazon visa (but i'd rather not use it for anything besides amazon, otherwise the apr is insane). anyone have a recommendation?

I just have the Apple Card, but I think nerd wallet will tell you what the best one is rn

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
cjs: applied for employment insurance for the first time in my life and took the requisite psychic damage. found out they changed the system one month before i was laid off to be considerably less favorable in terms of how many weeks i will get. ha ha

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

fyi here's some total loving horseshit

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Beeftweeter posted:

why the gently caress does my credit score vary by 120 points depending on whose checking

this is loving bullshit

corporations can shop around to get the best deals

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I just have the Apple Card, but I think nerd wallet will tell you what the best one is rn

thanks, i'll check out nerdwallet i guess. apple told me i have a goddamn 580 (i don't, according to everyone else)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kenny Logins posted:

cjs: applied for employment insurance for the first time in my life and took the requisite psychic damage

you've been paying into it, it is yours to take

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
it’s free real estate money

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

you have got to be loving kidding me

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol i give up. gently caress it

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
yeah it’s all ridiculous. I discovered my Care Credit card was canceled recently, presumably for not using it enough but it’s a loving card for, like, dental or pet health issues, so I’m not exactly in control of when I might need to use it!

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
woah what the gently caress is going on. that is deeply upsetting!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

fyi here's some total loving horseshit

lmfao. "We may elect to disable your card and close your account, but also keep on charging you for any attempted auto-paid gym memberships and stuff. Sometimes they'll go through and sometimes they won't! You get to find out!"

And the other part where they say they can elect to bill you for a charge that was made after you told them to disable your account if they feel like it! Holy God.

Jesus was right when he wrecked all the money lenders at the temple

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

wtf h4x!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Corla Plankun posted:

woah what the gently caress is going on. that is deeply upsetting!

i don't know, i didn't even get an email from chase. their hq is literally the next building over but honestly i don't give a gently caress at this point, it's friday, i did a lot of work overnight, lols @ twitter's expense beckon. i'm just going to get real high lol

if i had to guess they probably reflexively closed it after they saw boa did, idk. i really don't. there's a whole day still ahead and while this is certainly A Problem i can use debit for now, i guess

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

Jesus was right when he wrecked all the money lenders at the temple
money changers :eng101:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
BofA is the worst and I'm very happy my rewards card account got sold to a different bank, even if that bank is in the middle of one of those "we deployed a new version of our website! Click here to go back to the old version because nothing works!" cycles. Every time BofA locked my card for "suspicious activity", it was a transaction I was attempting to make and they only texted me an hour later. Great job!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

graph posted:

you've been paying into it, it is yours to take
i certainly have. ty. it's less about shame and more about facing to bloodshed about how long i have to find something else. but it could be worse, could not have it or not qualify for it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

money changers :eng101:

I'm sure they also lent money.

Make usury a crime again imo. And use the original definition where charging any interest is usury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

Make usury a crime again imo. And use the original definition where charging any interest is usury.