Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

guy who reply all's a meeting invite with 153 people

guy who replies all to the reply all asking to be removed from the email string

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
guy or gal who shows up, meaningfully contributes, and just all around has a good time chopping it up with coworkers.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

guy who replies all to the reply all asking to be removed from the email string

thats always a good one, it's tempting to reply all with "no"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

We had a new hire accidentally email the entire department instead of a subset. About 6 people reply all'd to tell her wrong mailing list.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

post hole digger posted:

guy or gal who shows up, meaningfully contributes, and just all around has a good time chopping it up with coworkers.

inveterate sourpuss who gets pissed off that this happens

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

girl who blows off the meeting because it is dumb and bad and isn’t actually supposed to be there anyway so stop sending invites

:mad:

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

guy who makes dumb jokes and then realises it’s not that kind of meeting (it’s me)

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

git apologist posted:

guy who makes dumb jokes and then realises it’s not that kind of meeting (it’s me)

:hmmyes:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

guy who schedules a friday meeting with two teams that he doesn't lead and rambles on for three hours (today)

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

dioxazine posted:

guy who schedules a friday meeting with two teams that he doesn't lead and rambles on for three hours (today)

:thermidor:

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
the peep with the moving zoom background

the peep with the moving zoom background that makes you seasick if you look directly at it

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
clearly playing video games on Monday morning guy

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

the person bobbing on a treadmill who keeps smirking and looking at the screen to see if anyone notices they’re on a treadmill so they can get asked about their treadmill and talk about their treadmill

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

dude masturbating and not noticing the camera is on during a meeting

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

MrQueasy posted:

the peep with the moving zoom background

the peep with the moving zoom background that makes you seasick if you look directly at it

theres a guy that uses an aurora australis bg at work and it gives me the woozies

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
peep with more opinions than anyone wants to hear from them

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
peeps with marginally relevant historical tangents only they care about

ardiem
Apr 26, 2022

guy prefacing every answer with "that's a great question!"

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

ardiem posted:

as long as you rephrase it a *bit* i think this is genuinely good practice.

i.e. i am that guy.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

specifically that is for the 10% of meetings i view as a legitimately useful activity. when in such a meeting try to actually foster some conversation.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
senior manager peep who drops a massive policy change that fucks everything up and then fucks off for the weekend without explaining anything

ardiem
Apr 26, 2022

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

as long as you rephrase it a *bit* i think this is genuinely good practice.

i.e. i am that guy.

I guess the nuance here is that I don't care if it's used sparingly and appropriately... "sorry, could you repeat what you said?" is not a question worth complimenting!

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

thanking people for their questions / calling all questions interesting is a standard deflection/delay tactic. you see politicians do it all the time.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

ardiem posted:

in my experience this is a phrase that typically precedes a longwinded version of "I dont know"

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
guy who organized an hour long meeting, realized hes out of discussion points after 20 minutes, and keeps trying to stretch things out just to keep the meeting going.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

post hole digger posted:

guy who organized an hour long meeting, realized hes out of discussion points after 20 minutes, and keeps trying to stretch things out just to keep the meeting going.

rookie mistake, people love to get out of a meeting early

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
no one moreso than yours truly.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

psiox posted:

rookie mistake, people love to get out of a meeting early

the person who ends the meeting and says 'heres twenty minutes back :) '

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

graph posted:

everyone loves that person unless i'm grossly mistaken :confused:

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

psiox posted:

it seems like kind of a weird phrasing but man do i love to hear it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

psiox posted:

not a fan of the phrasing (you're just returning the time you stole from me, dont act like you're doing me a favor) but yeah i do indeed love a meeting that ends early.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
okay yeah i'm going to rephrase that a bit. as someone that has worked at a ton of companies i do find it lol when certain phrases/mannerisms become sticky for the whole organization. on the other hand, people that are otherwise not paying attention are probably attuned to those magic words and don't need something different

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
for the record i'm considering this mini-discussion, for the purposes of my self-review, as 'participated in professional management skills development groups to better facilitate agile practices' or some bullshit

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

graph posted:

before we talk about the 20 minutes i get back, lets discuss the 40 i will never see again. :colbert:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

graph posted:

this but they say it every single time a meeting ends early. "here's two minutes back :)"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

middle manager who hijacks the meeting to spew a bunch of buzzwords

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

I was in a meeting and someone asked about the status of a project and a manager said - and this is a verbatim quote:

quote:

we liaised with relevant stakeholders and concluded that the project is not happenable given current constraints.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i was absolutely in awe and immediately wrote it down. I have been unable to weaponize the phrase "happenable" but i remain optimistic for future efforts

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
project not happenable unless we enbiggen our efforts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

project not happenable unless we enbiggen our efforts.
*changes jira status to 'cromulent'*