Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/MariahCarey/status/1587293603629617153

finish stuffing your face with halloween candy, forget thanksgiving turkey, it's time to forums stalk your special someone to find just the right gift. that's right it is yosmas time!

previous years' threads:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3947355
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3838413
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3795578
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749820
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3671147
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3874718

:siren: signup form :siren:
plan is to keep signups open till the weekend of 11/26 or so and send out assignments then.

rules:

min spend ~$40. send gift and proof of shipping by new year's eve. flakes are shamed and banned. be cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
<reserved>

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

ho ho ho

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

interested but self-conscious that i wont be a cool enough santa for my santee... :thunk:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

also lol at the form banner

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

interested but tbh shipping would be annoying for both ends, so will just wish everyone best of luck instead

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i volunteer elf services as needed.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

yosmas voice: i'm in

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hell yeah im in

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I volunteer emergency elf if it's needed.

Also, if anyone wonders where the yostop is, I have it. I'm still, uh, doing stuff with it. I've been busy this year so I may not be able to ship it out.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i'm down

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

a blue star tattoo for you!

post hole digger posted:

interested but self-conscious that i wont be a cool enough santa for my santee... :thunk:

the year i participated my santa (it was many years ago apologies generous poster) sent me a bike repair toolkit and i still use it to this day. utility can be just as good as cool :)

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I got sent a mattress.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i got stood up the last time i did yosmas. you will never break my spirit, bad santa!!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

signed up. first year being in on this :)

the figuring-out-a-gift-for-my-santee part makes me a little nervous, admittedly

(e) wait poo poo was i supposed to put stuff i'd like in the Comments field on the form?

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 3, 2022

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
if you were signed in when you did it you should be able to update your entry. but people usually just put jokes in there in my experience.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

post itt saying the cool stuff you're into imo

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

sb hermit posted:

I volunteer emergency elf if it's needed.

Also, if anyone wonders where the yostop is, I have it. I'm still, uh, doing stuff with it. I've been busy this year so I may not be able to ship it out.
is it currently running macos??

(please do not send me the yostop I had it lying aroun dfor like three years)

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

is it currently running macos??

(please do not send me the yostop I had it lying aroun dfor like three years)

I have the disk that has macos. dunno if it's the one currently in it

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
im in also ship the yostop

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

sb hermit posted:

I have the disk that has macos. dunno if it's the one currently in it
there is literally only one point release of macos that will load on it and i had to do a LOT of digging to get a copy. i also had to replace the network card but 100% worth it

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
sned that poo poo!

Also we are up to double digit participants already :santahurr: (who tf bought this smilie?!?)

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

can we call it a cumback?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It's Teddy :unsmith:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

hacker voice im in

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

notes about addresses when filling out your form:

non-us participants: please supply your real name; if you have to pay duty on your incoming gift or otherwise deal with customs you may have a hard time if you don't have an id that matches the name on the box.
us participants: please also supply a real name. the post office has updated their self serve kiosks to now demand that the sender type in the full name and address of the sender and recipient; i know some post offices will reject mail that has a name not matching the address so unless you know your post office dgaf don't just put your username down.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 7, 2022

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Midjack posted:

notes about addresses when filling out your form:

non-us participants: please supply your real name; if you have to pay duty on your incoming gift or otherwise deal with customs you may have a hard time if you don't have an id that matches the name on the box.
us participants: please also supply a real name. the post office has updated their self serve kiosks to now demand that the sender type in the full name and address of the sender and recipient; i know some post offices will reject mail that has a name not matching the address so unless you know your post office dgaf don't just put your username down.

Ah dang it I just filled out the form and didn't put my name, can I PM it to you or should I fill out the form again?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ADINSX posted:

Ah dang it I just filled out the form and didn't put my name, can I PM it to you or should I fill out the form again?

fuzzy mammal runs the form, i'm just elfing

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah you can fill it out again and I'll dedup. If you were logged in it should let you edit your response iirc.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i signed up a while ago but if i got an email i mightve fuckin missed it ill keep checking my inbox though

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
im tempted to sign up but making peopel ship stuff to asia seems mean cause it will be stupid expensive

otoh i can send a bunch of weird asian snacks

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

do we have to mail it ourselves or can we just put their address as the delivery address if we buy something online

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Ya you can dropship. Lookin forward to the introductory posts...

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Let me in

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i've been using nearly the same post every year and every year it's awesome so I'm gonna keep it up

hi im achmed jones, i touch computers and hearts. i like many things, including:

* the aesthetic and music surrounding vaporwave, future funk, and related genres
* ham radio stuff
* i play guitar (poorly) and make beeps and boops in ableton. it's a lot of fun
* i like looking at stars and planets with my telescope
* spicy food and also non-spicy food (I’m always stoked to try whatever local foods, condiments, etc you might want to throw at me)
* beer and bourbon and red wine
* renaissance fairs and similar
* funny computer and the ti-99/4a
* sci fi and fantasy stuff in general
* fully automated luxury gay space communism
* I’m buddhist and reasonably serious about it; I probably have all the literature I’m after, but if you have a local monastery or nunnery that sells, uh stuff I guess, that’d be rad?

little jones will be 7 soon. ms jones has general nerd interests (sci fi, fantasy, especially star trek) and loves classic rock. poodle jones turns 2 tomorrow.

shirt size is XL

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

oh yeah i should probably post some poo poo like that

i have no loving idea what i like because i have a weird brain or something. idfk. i will keep this post open for a while and try to write poo poo that comes to mind but uhhh just in case
i guess look at @zoomerbread to get a vibe for what im like if youre fortunate enough to not already know my posts

idk what size i am in MURICAN shirts but heres my measurements
chest 43cm (16.9")
shoulder 41cm (16.1")
center back 62cm (24.4")

been eyeballing some machine girl merch on ebay recently

im british so no knives or anything like that, my favourite anime is serial experiments lain, i hate going outside (lol), here's my last.fm
i've got a NAS with two 4TB drives that ive been wanting to upgrade to bigger ones but lol expensive

i guess here's my steam also

hbag fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 13, 2022

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

whatever you put into the goog form gets forwarded to your santa so you don't have to post it here too unless you just want to.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

in previous years people have preferred the thread to the form i think

it's more fun this way imo. after all nobody's gonna put "i want a pile of chips" in their form, but they might make a joke about it itt

and that's how i sent my santee a case of (iirc) zapps chips one year

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

in previous years people have preferred the thread to the form i think

it's more fun this way imo. after all nobody's gonna put "i want a pile of chips" in their form, but they might make a joke about it itt

and that's how i sent my santee a case of (iirc) zapps chips one year

oh yeah i don't mean to stop anyone from doing it if they want to, just noting that it's optional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

drat. I can’t be best buds with hbag.
our compatibility is too low.