Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

QuarkJets posted:

The pyrophobia is absolutely brutal, especially now that there are a lot more mechs with fire weapons

you're not wrong, if fighting mechs its generally smarter to go for a long range rifle type weapon and have something else get close such as war urchins. Still, on the fly healing, leaps and no dying even when you're getting your poo poo blown off is pretty valuable. Still, throw in a painstop and coagulator and a sanguophage is basically unstoppable unless they fully lose some organs.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Nov 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

deep dish peat moss posted:

My only 'killbox' is a tunnel with a button-linked blast-door on each side, filled with chainlink fences. So far I just shoot things while they approach through the fences but the eventual goal is to find a way to vent rimatomics heat into that room or something on-demand so I can open it, allow them in, shut it and roast them. Seems appropriate for surviving a feralisk jungle.

Rimefeller has napalm traps you can lay down or pre-spread and a remote-triggered igniter if you really want to amp up your Death Chamber game

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
You can do that with vanilla coolers, just have their exhaust (red side) facing inwards

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone managed to weaponize corpse rot yet?

Edit: Is it possible to stack up so many corpses that raiders get mental breaks from "Observed corpse" before they reach your killbox?

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Nov 11, 2022

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
is there a mod that makes your custom xenotype appear in the wild?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Broken Cog posted:

Edit: Is it possible to stack up so many corpses that raiders get mental breaks from "Observed corpse" before they reach your killbox?

No to both, sadly. Corpse rot just gives you a disease that takes days to kill you, and all raiders have a giant Extremely Low Expectations mood buff that will more than offset any corpse thoughts. Raiders usually have ideologies that don’t care about corpses anyway.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Broken Cog posted:

In theory yes, in practice there's not enough time for them to break. If they're hanging out on the map you don't know where they'll be to have a corpse pile there, and if the corpse pile is in front of your base they're close enough to start doing damage.

I guess you could load up a drop pod with corpses and then dump them on a siege position when they start setting up the mortars.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

:allears:

isndl
May 2, 2012

Steam announcement posted:

In other news, on top of the ongoing 1.4 refinement updates, we've got a chunky mid-term 1.4 update on the way with a variety of new cross-expansion integration content. We've been absorbing feedback voraciously and knocking down issues and concerns one by one. I'm looking forward to telling you more about that - hopefully next week.

Cross-expansion integration sounds good. Ideology in particular seems like it should have a lot of thoughts and precepts that should work with Biotech, if not whole new memes.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

quote:

new cross-expansion integration content

heck yes. one of the biggest missing things imo

i'm also very glad i bought biotech early despite the "expensive" pricetag because tynan is going to adjust regional pricing way up according to steam's new currency equivalence recommendations. it's going to be almost as expensive as the AAA pricetag from a few years ago (pre-covid) 😬
inflation's a bitch!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Pawn: upset that their room is horrible and ugly. This causes them to throw a tantrum and break stuff in their room. They come out of the tantrum. ... They're still upset their room is horrible and ugly.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

relatable tbh :nallears:

e: add Beckon to the list of EXTREMELY GOOD psycasts, holy poo poo lol

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 11, 2022

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Is there a vanilla way to get rid of traits like Slow-learner?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

StrixNebulosa posted:

Actually, yes! With a gene assembler, get the "Fast Learner" xenogerm, and use it to create a xenotype for that pawn, it should override the slow learner trait with the fast learner one.

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

StrixNebulosa posted:

Nope, without using devmode, you're stuck with the traits pawns get.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Genetic traits will, I think, overrule personal ones, so if you slap in a xenogerm with a contradicting trait I think that will replace it.

For example:

Largejaroalmonds
Sep 25, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

I haven't tested this, really, but if you make 'slow-learner' a forced trait, you can set the % of pawns that will spawn with the trait. You can try 0% for all characters. Might work but this would have to be done when starting your game.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

As of right now forcing traits via scenario breaks how biotech genes assign their own forced traits, imo don't use that feature until it's fixed

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

Actually, yes! With a gene assembler, get the "Fast Learner" xenogerm, and use it to create a xenotype for that pawn, it should override the slow learner trait with the fast learner one.

I am nowhere near that, but I'll try to aim for it as my colony slowly techs up!

...if Randy stops sending me raids please randy

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

if you happen to have a polux tree near any rock with a natural roof over it (thin rock or overhead mountain) you absolutely should hollow it out and dump your toxic poo poo right there and let it air out naturally, hands down the simplest way to handle it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I've been dumping poo poo outside for years and the map still isn't stank enough to get one of those.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

...if Randy stops sending me raids please randy

Randy heard me talking about him :sigh:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Very loving funny randy.

That's the entire raid by the way, 52 gribblers with shotguns.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Time to unleash the battle chickens

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Very loving funny randy.

That's the entire raid by the way, 52 gribblers with shotguns.

these are absolute dickholes, a lot of the new mech types are absolute dickholes

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't actually have any AoE weapons yet, other than some grenades I lifted.

E: oh wait I do have a rocketswarm turret I built a while ago, that's my one chance I guess.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I got a waster who naturally had the trait very ugly, which was suppressed by the waster's natural ugly trait.

Kind of weird. They're all ugly but at least none of them can be freakishly ugly?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Beefed the rocketswarm a bit but landed a super lucky mortar hit that knocked out ten of them, that and my mega tough pawns and a tunneler popping smoke managed to hold them off.

It's like being murdered by squirrels except the squirrels have shotguns.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

is there a mod that just adds a lot more stuff to the ideoligion styles?

ive not been using many mods since 1.4 came out and i miss the aesthetic variety of the vanilla expanded stuff, but i also remember they made my game pretty slow to load back in the day which is not super fun. i dont really feel like the base weaponset needs a huge amount of expansion but i would like to have more visual variety in the weapons so if anything adds like weapon skins to the ideoligion styles that would be ideal.

or if they somehow made the vanilla expanded mods not have such a performance overhead.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Eiba posted:

I got a waster who naturally had the trait very ugly, which was suppressed by the waster's natural ugly trait.

Kind of weird. They're all ugly but at least none of them can be freakishly ugly?

Yeah I have a beautiful pawn who's only pretty now because of the vampire xenogenes, it's weird how those work out

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

juggalo baby coffin posted:

ive not been using many mods since 1.4 came out and i miss the aesthetic variety of the vanilla expanded stuff, but i also remember they made my game pretty slow to load back in the day which is not super fun. i dont really feel like the base weaponset needs a huge amount of expansion but i would like to have more visual variety in the weapons so if anything adds like weapon skins to the ideoligion styles that would be ideal.

or if they somehow made the vanilla expanded mods not have such a performance overhead.

There is a vanilla expanded memes pack that literally does that.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

the vanilla expanded memes/alpha memes all add tons of style stuff, along with the actual mechanic stuff, and is pretty much what you want

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

There is a vanilla expanded memes pack that literally does that.

gently caress... thats a real catch 22 situation

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Did you get any of the performance enhancing mods like rocketman?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2479389928&searchtext=rocketman

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

no but this looks good ty

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

jokes posted:

Time to unleash the battle chickens

They have a name, and it's Bawk Bawk Battalion

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

unlike some of the VE stuff this set is pretty tight and doesn't add whole new categories of bullshit, the styles are pretty strictly just styles. the new memes and other stuff are mostly pretty well done too, although yeah a couple of them can be combined in ways that are bonkers OP (stackable +1 quality crafting as mentioned earlier)

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
The only thing that sucks about the VE Ideology memes are that the new furniture is automatically built in the meme style, so your wasteland punks will always only ever sit on chairs made from sticks and tires, and your kemetic dudes will only ever build walls with heiroglyphics. I'd prefer separate building types altogether. The wall blueprint silhouettes are also a little wonky and clash pretty hard with the vanilla style which personally irks me.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Jorge Bell posted:

The only thing that sucks about the VE Ideology memes are that the new furniture is automatically built in the meme style, so your wasteland punks will always only ever sit on chairs made from sticks and tires, and your kemetic dudes will only ever build walls with heiroglyphics. I'd prefer separate building types altogether. The wall blueprint silhouettes are also a little wonky and clash pretty hard with the vanilla style which personally irks me.

there are mods that let you change styles of furniture anytime, or have alternative styles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012

There's definitely a few, try searching for the name of the style(s) you're interested in. I'm running mods for the Techist and Sophian styles for example.