Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this parka's WATERPROOF? gently caress this poo poo!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

My old RCAF flying jacket finally fell apart so I think I'm gonna buy a good old MA-1 to replace it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Sagebrush posted:

My old RCAF flying jacket finally fell apart so I think I'm gonna buy a good old MA-1 to replace it

dont forget to sew the leather patches onto the elbows

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
i have discovered that golf pants fill that niche between jeans and suit pants so much more comfortably than generic kakis

a little bit of stretch to them and better colors hell yea

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

fresh_cheese posted:

i have discovered that golf pants fill that niche between jeans and suit pants so much more comfortably than generic kakis

how many pockets?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

standard is around 0.2 Liefelds

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fresh_cheese posted:

welcome to the club

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fresh_cheese posted:

my brother can i introduce you to chinos

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

there is no real niche between jeans and suit pants. you can dress the jeans up or dress the suit down

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

qirex posted:

contemplating buying this in case I get invited to an “ugly sweater” Christmas party

i have a Nunslaughter ugly christmas sweater that rules. just covered in demon faces and upside down crosses.

always get questions about it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

golf pants are softer and comfier but they’re also not $20/pair at target

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE

rotor posted:

how many pockets?

a non grognard amount of pockets: 4, in the traditional configuration.

i have swum the depths of cargo shorts of maximal utility, and i have decided that i am not batman and i dont need to carry all that crap anyway.

i like not jingling and clinking whenever i move. i like not having 10 kilos of dumb poo poo swinging around as i walk.

( 10 kilo dick joke goes here )

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

Bloody posted:

there is no real niche between jeans and suit pants. you can dress the jeans up or dress the suit down

false. jeans cannot be dressed up. if theyre dressier than jeans they are not really denim nor jeans any longer and become slacks.

suit dress down works good tho with a tshirt that fits right and vans or smth.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

AnimeIsTrash posted:

… im not opposed to chinos, but its tough to find them in the fun colors like you can golf pants.

like not rodney dangerfield from caddyshack fun, but like a nice cobalt blue or banana yellow

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

those pants are pointless. where you wearing them? the office?? quit your job lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i like to finance my manchild lifestyle though

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

one time I went to the office wearing a t-shirt for my old company that is a competitor to my new company 😳

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

one time I went to the office wearing a t-shirt for my old company that is a competitor to my new company 😳

meh. every university is technically competing with every other one, but i still wear shirts from my alma maters

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

fresh_cheese posted:

a non grognard amount of pockets: 4, in the traditional configuration.

i have swum the depths of cargo shorts of maximal utility, and i have decided that i am not batman and i dont need to carry all that crap anyway.

i like not jingling and clinking whenever i move. i like not having 10 kilos of dumb poo poo swinging around as i walk.

( 10 kilo dick joke goes here )

lmao @ single digit number of pockets. You might as well just wear a leotard.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

rotor posted:

lmao @ single digit number of pockets. You might as well just wear a leotard.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Bloody posted:

yes there is, like drill cotton pants, i guess americans would call them chinos. i don’t wear jeans anymore in favour of those

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

rotor posted:

You might as well just wear a leotard.

waaaaay ahead of you my guy

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/folmerkelly/status/1590661856544559105

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
how did they do this

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I believe they sewed the poo poo out of some cloth, but I’m not exactly a tailor

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

There is an older guy at my work who wears some sick looking Jordans.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

AnimeIsTrash posted:

There is an older guy at my work who wears some sick looking Jordans.

I just got a pair of the 2019 Jordan Proto React in the post today, been chasing a decent pair awhile now after missing them first time around. They were divisive on launch as being 'too weird' to traditional Jordan-havers, but they fit my tech style just nice. Picked up for a song as well which is a pleasure after the usual £150-plus on new Nikes.

there's an inverse white/black colorway I might keep an eye out for as well.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The 1's look really good, if you can find the basic bitch version they're relatively cheap too. I don't take care of my shoes enough to own something like that though.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Nike and Zumiez have some decent early bird Black Friday sales going rn

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Nike and Zumiez have some decent early bird Black Friday sales going rn

no need for this. only need 1 shoe, birkenstock. case closed

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Smythe posted:

think most ppl need 2

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Smythe posted:

you need three if u don’t live in paradise

thongs
sneakers
wellies or boots

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

think most ppl need 2

2 is excessive, seeing as the average person has slightly less than 2 feet.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

yup

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I have gym shoes, running shoes, sneakers, and work shoes.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

shoe failure rate over time goes up faster than average number of feet goes down hence 2 is actually underprovisioning

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I have gym shoes, running shoes, sneakers, and work shoes.

nice humblebrag. coutning your shoes in your maserati .. bitch

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

what if we had a JIT shoe delivery service such that the moment your shoe falls apart and off your foot a drone is dispatched with new shoes for you to put on, just in time

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

they call me carls jr the way im lining up these stacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
weird i thought was it cause you sell something nobody wants to eat between a couple of buns for thirteen bucks