Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I don’t mean to be a downer, but if you’re talking about walking into a store and walking out with weed, be prepared to not be able to do that until 2024. Based on previous states, there’s probably a big chunk of time between “it’s legal” and “ we have a regulatory framework in place to allow businesses to sell it”.

this is true but in the meantime its nice for people to just be able to smoke a joint on their own porch without worrying about cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Oh yeah sure, and I’m sure it’ll be available to people who put in a little effort, just saying the (surreal if you’re not used to it) experience of walking into a shop and walking out with a bag o' weed products is probably going to take a while.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

imo the thing to watch out for is that gray area and recently-legalized states tend to get swarmed with stores selling stuff like thc8 and kratom calling themselves "dispensaries".

like i was in chicago a couple years after illinois went fully legal, and while actual dispensaries selling proper weed did in fact exist, there's like ten of the fake dispensaries for every real one, and most of my friends there just stick with their old dealers. also because legal prices are crazy high

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 9, 2022

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Earwicker posted:

this is true but in the meantime its nice for people to just be able to smoke a joint on their own porch without worrying about cops

I'd like to do that, but Kansas aint made it legal yet.

Earwicker posted:

... legal prices are crazy high

From the MO/IL border.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Just been on holiday. Took 1.5g of Gorilla Glue on an international flight to Glasgow completely legally. Medical weed is loving sweet.

Importing weed to Glasgow is also very funny.

Atlas Hugged posted:

I mean, I'm a teacher, so....

Sounds like an opportunity to be The Cool Teacher

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
dog sitting for some friends, they left me a "gift for when the dogs drive you crazy"

gram of jungle jack crumble, eighth of grape cooler :swoon:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hirayuki posted:

Michigan had a robust medical framework/industry, too, and it still took us ages after rec was approved to get off our asses and start actually selling it.

we're quickly approaching OR/WA price levels though and it fuckin rules, everything is so cheap and plentiful and I will never go without again

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I gave a brownie to my boss who is far more experienced with weed than me and she said it kicked her rear end, but in a good way. So I guess I've stumbled upon the right formula.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I finally got a Dynavap + Wand and I am hiiiiiiiigh

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Wachter posted:

it's ridiculous isn't it

I had a very, very bad week, so bad that I didn't even touch it for the last few days until just a little earlier (I couldn't by necessity)

Boy am I glad it exists lol

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Starship owners: I need help. Every time I turn it on (button 5 times) and then try to hit it by pushing in the button it either blinks light blue or white. Every once in a while I can get it to turn dark blue and allow me to hit it. I can’t figure it out for the life of me

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Sunk Dunk posted:

Starship owners: I need help. Every time I turn it on (button 5 times) and then try to hit it by pushing in the button it either blinks light blue or white. Every once in a while I can get it to turn dark blue and allow me to hit it. I can’t figure it out for the life of me

all the carts seated, ports and carts clean, all the unused holes plugged?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Code Jockey posted:

all the carts seated, ports and carts clean, all the unused holes plugged?

now that's a friday night

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Wachter posted:

I need to get this. I'm getting really good dialing the torch though, don't cough very much but still get ripped, it's great.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Sunk Dunk posted:

did the contact plates on the 510 connectors get dirty? sadly it might be a problem of cheapy electronics like everything 510 connection.

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

Vlaphor posted:

I'd like to do that, but Kansas aint made it legal yet.

From the MO/IL border.

Jesus Christ those are ridiculously high prices.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Barnes And Body Works posted:

https://risecannabis.com/dispensary-menu/illinois/quincy-adult-use-rec-menu/

The Illinois place I used to get my goodies from before I realized just how much cheaper CO was and decided the extra six hours of driving was worth the savings.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Atlas Hugged posted:

I gave a brownie to my boss who is far more experienced with weed than me and she said it kicked her rear end, but in a good way. So I guess I've stumbled upon the right formula.

It's way too satisfying to give edibles to the authorities at my job, I always shoot for the COO and the head managers

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

Vlaphor posted:

https://risecannabis.com/dispensary-menu/illinois/quincy-adult-use-rec-menu/

The Illinois place I used to get my goodies from before I realized just how much cheaper CO was and decided the extra six hours of driving was worth the savings.

Definitely, surprisingly the edibles aren't too badly priced though not going to lie.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Barnes And Body Works posted:

christ I'm glad NM has already been flooded with medical + colorado for years (plus border state) and this was just a capacity & tax consideration to rec legalize it, that's nuts

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Code Jockey posted:

it's ridiculous isn't it

I had a very, very bad week, so bad that I didn't even touch it for the last few days until just a little earlier (I couldn't by necessity)

Boy am I glad it exists lol

My only complaint is that I'm not sure my Dynavap reliably clicks when I use the DYADP cup insert. I was kind of hoping you could rest the wand on the table and drop the Dyna in. That might be because I have the Sneaky Pete half bowl converter in, I dunno

e: after a few mins thinking about it, I realised that if you insert the cup adapter to its full "depth", the Wand might applying too much heat towards the base of the tip. So I pulled it "up" a bit, so that the lip of the cup is a few ml above the insert and it seems to work on an empty tip. Will gently caress around and find out

Wachter fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Nov 12, 2022

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

$170 for a half ounce better come with a bong and a hot person

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Wachter posted:

My only complaint is that I'm not sure my Dynavap reliably clicks when I use the DYADP cup insert. I was kind of hoping you could rest the wand on the table and drop the Dyna in. That might be because I have the Sneaky Pete half bowl converter in, I dunno

e: after a few mins thinking about it, I realised that if you insert the cup adapter to its full "depth", the Wand might applying too much heat towards the base of the tip. So I pulled it "up" a bit, so that the lip of the cup is a few ml above the insert and it seems to work on an empty tip. Will gently caress around and find out

You figured it out, but if youve got the wand dialed in you might find the click to be unneeded. I sure do, the timer on the wand is enough, so these non-functional caps I keep around still get used.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I use a different tip with an older cap when I go out, and I don't trust the click on it anymore. So with the DYADP glass insert thingy, it's possible to keep the dynavap in the wand while it's heating while also tasting it. All you have to do is hold onto the wand, and physics keeps everything else in place. I don't listen out for the clicks anymore.

(lunchtime today)

I vaped in a similar way when I was using the Gentleman Pipe stem for the dynavap.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

This is also how i make sure not to waste anything when there's concentrate among the flower ^

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I feel like I've got a good sense of the heating time on my dynavap now, also taking a little test hit here and there to make sure, but I haven't burnt a bowl in a while and getting it real smooth in general. It's great, even sometimes get great flavor off it but I'm still convinced traditional smoking gives you more of the weed's real taste.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Smoke feels different too, but chemistry so thats to be expected.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Is the Dynavap with a butane lighter a pain in the rear end? I don't want to drop for the induction heater.

Also, the convenience of a Pax is really appealing for flower vaporizing even if it's more expensive. I don't wanna do concentrates, so that's not a factor for me.

What do you recommend?

Edit: i said gently caress it and bought the Dynavap. Wish me luck, goons

Spaghett fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 13, 2022

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

The Dynavap rules with just a torch lighter. I have a Fury Rogue which is convenient and discreet for taking to shows and pubs, but any other time I'm using the Dynavap. It's just better

E: congrats

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Dynavap can't be beat at home, no way. Fury Edge for me for portability if I'm not bringing a cartridge with me, but the Dynavap w/ butane torch at home ftw

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

If you want torching easy mode also get a Simrell FMJ, its $10 and worth all of it.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I'm so mad I'm on antibiotics this week for what is hopefully "just" a benign infected mass in my abdomen. Doctor wasn't exactly sure if the meds would interact with THC and said stop for the week just to be on the safe side. If the antibiotics don't do anything, then I can probably go back to edibles, but I'll also likely need surgery. Good times.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'm so mad I'm on antibiotics this week for what is hopefully "just" a benign infected mass in my abdomen. Doctor wasn't exactly sure if the meds would interact with THC and said stop for the week just to be on the safe side. If the antibiotics don't do anything, then I can probably go back to edibles, but I'll also likely need surgery. Good times.

I've been on all sorts of antibiotics over the past few years for oral surgery / chronic infection and always got high when I was on em. Mostly because I don't like drinking while on antibiotics, so I replaced it with edibles or whatever.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Spaghett posted:

Is the Dynavap with a butane lighter a pain in the rear end? I don't want to drop for the induction heater.

Edit: i said gently caress it and bought the Dynavap. Wish me luck, goons

Crimson Harvest posted:

If you want torching easy mode also get a Simrell FMJ, its $10 and worth all of it.

FMJ easily the best dynavap accessory. I use a torch lighter exclusively and without FMJ is fine, but with it makes the entire thing even easier.

Just get it. Seriously. Dynavaps are cheap anyway, the extra $10 is worth it.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

When I can nail a dynavap hit it's good. When I don't I'm just annoyed I didn't honk on my arizer instead.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

bagmonkey posted:

I've been on all sorts of antibiotics over the past few years for oral surgery / chronic infection and always got high when I was on em. Mostly because I don't like drinking while on antibiotics, so I replaced it with edibles or whatever.

It probably doesn't have a negative affect, but I'm taking Clindamycin and it's the one antibiotic that had any results when searching for antibiotics not to combine with THC. Better safe than sorry unfortunately.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Atlas Hugged posted:

With something as scary as that, I feel like weed is a lower priority than addressing possible death. Take the T break and get mega stoned as a reward for good behavior.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I would tend to agree. Falling asleep has been a bit tougher, but I had a school overnight a few weeks ago where obviously I wasn't going to get high while chaperoning teenagers so I got used to falling asleep without it again already. I'm back to only 6-7 hours of sleep though instead of the rock solid 8 I was getting with my brownies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Atlas Hugged posted:

I would tend to agree. Falling asleep has been a bit tougher, but I had a school overnight a few weeks ago where obviously I wasn't going to get high while chaperoning teenagers so I got used to falling asleep without it again already. I'm back to only 6-7 hours of sleep though instead of the rock solid 8 I was getting with my brownies.

Lol as if you didn't shake them down for whatever they were carrying and do a fat rip of it in front of them.