Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

ShowTime posted:

I finally caught up and finished SEE and I was kind of disappointed. I still think its a good series overall, but the last season was really lackluster. Baba Voss was great and always has been. Sibeth continued to kill it (and everyone) while being super weird, but the plot was really dumb and simple, stretched out over like 8 episodes.

Is there ever any hint as to who Kofun's biological father was? Was it Harlan? It was revealed that Maghra came to Alkenny already pregnant, so Baba Voss isn't the father. Was that addressed in an earlier season and i'm just forgetting? And the last scene, where they find the library full of sighted people: how did they get a map to get there? I realize it was given to them by Maghra, but how did she find out about it?

I guess I just had a lot of questions and while I probably missed where the answers came from, I don't wanna go back and rewatch any of it to figure it out myself.
I was pretty sure Haniwa and Kofun both had the same father as the other sighted kids. Jerlamarel That was clarified really early in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Ahhhhh, yea I remember that now. It's been a long time since I watched that season.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Bad Sisters finale was very good

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

Bad Sisters finale was very good

Agreed! Great payoff with the reveals. The season overall was pretty great. Maybe it could have been trimmed by an episode or two but overall it ruled.
I guessed the two main twists a week or two ago that Grace killed him and that the Claffins would trade dropping the claim for not exposing the murder , although I did not expect that the neighbor helped with staging the body, or that JP raped Eva, loving gross, although it explains the special contempt and animosity between the two of them..

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, I got most of it, but I thought Grace's kid had done it somehow, not Grace.

Good show.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
I just got notification about the $2 price increase. It’s still way cheaper than most of the other services but there’s not enough new content for me to subscribe year round anymore.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah Apple One is going up to £17 a month too, still worth it as an Apple Music user but I can see people dropping it.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Yeah, I’m right on the fence on the bundle since I don’t use News+ or Games at all and I could give or take Fitness+.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
New season of Mythic Quest is out. It looks like no C.W. this season :(

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah that first episode surprised me.

Love the set design for the new office.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Yeah, that first episode was a shocker, too. What was the reason for that? Did F. Murray Abraham not want to risk his health by working with a lot of actors around?

I wasn’t really feeling that first episode, but I thought the second was back to the show’s typical quality, so looking forward to the rest of the season!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

Yeah, that first episode was a shocker, too. What was the reason for that? Did F. Murray Abraham not want to risk his health by working with a lot of actors around?

it was announced in April originally with no reason given and no details at all have come out since

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He’s in White Lotus airing right now so idk man, poo poo’s weird

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Maybe he was just bored of the role.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Or it was scheduling conflicts, or he demanded a raise, or one of the producers stopped dating him.

No real point in speculating, I guess.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Bad Sisters getting a season 2 apparently. Not needed in any way, but I trust Horgan to deliver.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished watching season 3 of SEE. Overall I enjoyed the show! The series finale though was quite silly, and I was disappointed that Kofun didn't die. But overall it was an actual good show, but I felt like I was maybe the only person that watched it for all three seasons.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Finished watching season 3 of SEE. Overall I enjoyed the show! The series finale though was quite silly, and I was disappointed that Kofun didn't die. But overall it was an actual good show, but I felt like I was maybe the only person that watched it for all three seasons.

Nah i liked it. Always thought the villain lady was giving a much more enjoyable performance than mostly anyone else. Like how they shot her final scene in the finale.

It's not high art, or as good as the Cinemax shows it's in tradition with. But it's fun.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D256SMF-voI

Oh hey the second season of this is finally coming out.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
About time!!!

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Apple+ is weird sometimes. Apparently they have Clerks and Hudsucker Proxy for free as “workplace comedy essentials” to go with Mythic Quest S3.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah they’ve added some Will Ferrell and Ryan Reynolds movies too to tie in with the new one they’re in.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I said come in! posted:

There are dozens of us!

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
I had a year of free Apple TV+, and probably a year of paying, mostly through inertia and it was only 6 euros a month. Now looks like the price will rise a couple of euros at the end of the year, so I guess it's time to binge a few series, then pull the plug. Hope it shows in their stats.

Hell, I'm perfectly capable of using torrents, but it's just been a convenience thing.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Mythic Quest still fuckin' got it. The end of the latest episode actually made me tear up. Plus we get banger acting like this:
https://i.imgur.com/tcQH9qy.mp4

And lovely pearls of wisdom like this:
https://i.imgur.com/A5xHY14.mp4

The show honestly deserves way more attention than it gets. I don't know how Apple+ is about cancelling good shows but if this one gets canned, it only deserved it because it was on Apple+.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Nov 22, 2022

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

He’s in White Lotus airing right now so idk man, poo poo’s weird

Maybe he wanted to be on a good show instead of one that sucks.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nah Mythic Quest continues to be great. Not as great as White Lotus but they’re completely different kettle of fish so it’s not really fair to compare them (although I still am, and judging White Lotus superior)

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I slept on Ted Lasso because, frankly, I forget I have a sub to ATV+, but finally had a long haul flight to/from England and this was the most appropriate choice to kill a few hours.

And boy am I glad I did. It's the uplifting content I needed this year. Of note I'll say that completely by coincidence I happened to be working through an edible and it hit HARD just as Beard After Hours came up in the queue and.. hoo boy, that was incredibly surreal. I'll need to re-watch it sober to see if it's as amazing as I remember :lol:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Got a notification about Slow Horses season 2 starting, so I know what I’m doing tonight.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

njsykora posted:

Got a notification about Slow Horses season 2 starting, so I know what I’m doing tonight.

Hell yes!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I have to say that halfway through the current season of Mythic Quest, and it’s just not hitting the same for me as the first two. There are still a lot of good individual bits in each episode, but I feel like most episodes haven’t really cohered, the same with the overarching storylines for the season. I still like it but it feels like some spark is missing.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Chairman Capone posted:

I have to say that halfway through the current season of Mythic Quest, and it’s just not hitting the same for me as the first two. There are still a lot of good individual bits in each episode, but I feel like most episodes haven’t really cohered, the same with the overarching storylines for the season. I still like it but it feels like some spark is missing.

It’s weird that they’ve separated all of the characters so much. It makes me think there were schedule or budget issues.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah this season isn’t so hot. Way more typically sitcommy, and not in a good way.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

missin CW for sure, and also the NFT stuff has been dire. having the grounded, principled gamer tell us that you can make NFTs that Care about the player, jesus christ just shut the gently caress up Rob

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Aye Doc posted:

missin CW for sure, and also the NFT stuff has been dire. having the grounded, principled gamer tell us that you can make NFTs that Care about the player, jesus christ just shut the gently caress up Rob

Oh yeah, that subplot is horrendous.

But I can't help it, I love Charlotte Nicdao, and Jessie Ennis in particular has been killing it with the reaction shots this year. And that new set is very cool.

The end of the most recent episode implied that Ian had been playing Playpen behind Poppy's back the entire time, right? Or did I miss something else there?

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

its barely a workplace let alone videogame company show this season. they joke about the former tester hanging around but really what was the point of her leaving if she’s going to be in every episode

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was hoping Shantaram would totally suck so I would have one less show to catch up on but dangit it’s just good enough to keep me watching

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Watching Slow Horses S2 at last and I forgot how funny this show is.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
I'm not as into this season of MQ as the other two either, but it's still reasonably fun for me. I do feel like they're struggling to figure out what to do with a lot of the characters story-wise, but the dialog and performances are still entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Trig Discipline posted:

I'm not as into this season of MQ as the other two either, but it's still reasonably fun for me. I do feel like they're struggling to figure out what to do with a lot of the characters story-wise, but the dialog and performances are still entertaining.

Which ones are you thinking of? I figure that Dana and Rachel are being kept largely apart as a set up to them having the focus episode this season.