Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I got an aunt whose always hosed up on valium that Medicaid paid for and her husband used to do construction work, they only get like 600 bucks in SSN a month because they did everything under the table and that shits based on how much you contributed, so we all kind of laugh in the back of our heads when he talks about his tax dollars because he's not smart enough to put together that we're smart enough to put together he never paid any taxes.

His kids went to college on pell grants, they're fuckstains too except one who knows her family is full of poo poo and keeps quiet. They got medicaid their whole lives, free school lunches, WIC, food stamps - literal guy on fox news eating lobster. They should be in a caravan heading towards us from Mexico before a midterm, because they fit the lovely lazy immigrant stereotype to a T except they're real and they're white. If they were "ethnic" Tucker Carlson could do a weeklong special on them and it'd be a ratings banger.

The uncle likes to kramer into every facebook convo about how cute one of our cousin's baby pics are, or someone did a good painting, to make sure the millenials know they're loving lazy and stupid, and he's baffled we all don't see poo poo as clearly as he does. He didn't save any money, he actually posts poo poo from a iMac my mom gave him. He makes sure to tell my mom she's a stupid lazy liberal piece of poo poo, from her 2008 iMac she gave him.

Anyway they're stoked millenials and zoomers aren't getting their poo poo forgiven because bootstraps or something. I just had a kid and they're mad I live an hour away and haven't gone to see them in like a decade, they want to meet my new kid but I don't want my kid to confuse them for role models. I explained this to them explicitly, using these words, and they don't try to talk to me anymore.

Anyway ya'll got 'em in your family, and they took away the absolute loving paltry pittance of a 10k loan forgiveness away from us. Be sure and point it out to them.

e: what a snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

SchrodingersCat posted:

The Eighth Circuit has ruled that the six states in the Nebraska case have standing and the case will move forward. The Fifth Circuit will likely rule the same in their case. The appeals process will last well past January, at which point the new term of Congress will start and the Republicans will be able to file a lawsuit from the House.

It's pretty much over.

So I'm never getting poo poo? Did anybody who filed on the first day get anything before it got ruined?

Jesus In A Can
Jul 2, 2007
From Concentrate

Elephunk posted:

Did anybody who filed on the first day get anything before it got ruined?

No. It didn't move that quickly, and the lawsuits tied it up before they had processed the first day's applications. Now they're sitting on somewhere between 16m and 22m approved applications, they just need all of the injunctions lifted so they can, I assume, hit the button.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
Haha all my hope and pride for this country just evaporated

time to get the gently caress out, the chuds can have it and i hope they choke and die while blaming it on everyone leaving the wastelands they shitted up

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Trump got to do every loving thing he wanted, it's always a battle to get an inch for us

naem
May 29, 2011

a lot of young voters are I hope pissed and know who to blame

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

nom epique posted:

*Looks at calendar*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

naem posted:

a lot of young voters are I hope pissed and know who to blame

Yeah but it’s not like the kids today can avoid voting Republican any harder than they did before. This is just old people mad as hell that death is coming for them first so they’re now going from farting on the elevator before stepping off to full-blown making GBS threads on the floor and smearing the other occupants with it.

Not gonna lie I’m tempted to send a letter to my senators and house rep stating that I no longer support social security or Medicare and that the programs should be defunded immediately. I’ll pay to keep the poor on Medicaid but the olds need to get their lazy asses back to work.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

funeral home DJ posted:

Not gonna lie I’m tempted to send a letter to my senators and house rep stating that I no longer support social security or Medicare and that the programs should be defunded immediately. I’ll pay to keep the poor on Medicaid but the olds need to get their lazy asses back to work.

lol wtf. big republican energy in this post

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Looking forward to all the big business tax cuts we can afford now, maybe everyone can feel the warm embrace of trickle down.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

satanic splash-back posted:

Looking forward to all the big business tax cuts we can afford now, maybe everyone can feel the warm embrace of trickle down.

Why does trickle down always smell like poo poo?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
This is loving bleak.

Its asking so little and still nothing.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The fury of the Roe verdict burned white hot. I have a feeling this will stick in people's craw's for decades.

You'll be the 85 year old ranting about how Mch McYrtle couldn't give you 10k in loan forgiveness.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

This is loving bleak.

Its asking so little and still nothing.
All the more reason to go for broke and eliminate all college costs

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

The fury of the Roe verdict burned white hot. I have a feeling this will stick in people's craw's for decades.

You'll be the 85 year old ranting about how Mch McYrtle couldn't give you 10k in loan forgiveness.

All the more reason to go for broke and eliminate all college costs

Almost one tenth of the US population will never vote Republican again.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I'd like some help getting my student loan debt forgiven.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Wouldnt we all

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I have 6400 dollars of student debt left. I graduated with like 8800 total(community College). I qualified for relief. I filled out the application and waited.

I thought for a second there the Democrats were actually going to do something to make my life better for the first time in my life.

Lol

naem
May 29, 2011

the democrats did do something, the right thing

place blame on the party of hate

B B
Dec 1, 2005

I just checked my student loan balance, and it doesn't look like the Democrats did anything.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

naem posted:

the democrats did do something, the right thing

place blame on the party of hate
Oh thank Christ, they passed it into law instead of relying on an executive order??

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Malaria posted:

I thought for a second there the Democrats were actually going to do something to make my life better for the first time in my life.

:lol:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
This kind of reminds me of when I took a 5-ish season break from The Simpsons, then decided to watch "The Italian Bob" in case I might be missing something. I never had to go back, and I had nothing but the worst expectations, and you know what? It was terrible. My worst expectations were met, not exceeded (they would have had to stage a live execution in mid-episode or something for that to have been the case), but I still felt disappointed & sad.

Being pessimistic and "right" (didn't predict every single nuance or anything, but still) doesn't feel good, and I know my last post contains the phrase "I guess I shouldn't be SO pessimistic" but I knew I wasn't kidding anybody, just keeping my posting mouth shut.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

B B posted:

I just checked my student loan balance, and it doesn't look like the Democrats did anything.

Slugworth posted:

Oh thank Christ, they passed it into law instead of relying on an executive order??
While they technically have a 50-50 split, at least 2 D senators (Manchin, Sinema) may have D in their title, but they’re not really and didn’t have enough votes for legislation to pass in the senate, so they did it the half assed executive order way.

Like, I get the frustration and legislation could have passed the house, but what else do the people pissed at the dems ITT think the dems could have done?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Cacafuego posted:

While they technically have a 50-50 split, at least 2 D senators (Manchin, Sinema) may have D in their title, but they’re not really and didn’t have enough votes for legislation to pass in the senate, so they did it the half assed executive order way.

Like, I get the frustration and legislation could have passed the house, but what else do the people pissed at the dems ITT think the dems could have done?
Controlled the votes of their own party like Republicans do? Like, I'm not trying to be glib, but at a certain point, they need to at least pretend to be trying to move Manchin and Sinema instead of just pointing at them and shrugging.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Slugworth posted:

Controlled the votes of their own party like Republicans do? Like, I'm not trying to be glib, but at a certain point, they need to at least pretend to be trying to move Manchin and Sinema instead of just pointing at them and shrugging.

I can’t argue with that. I agree.

naem
May 29, 2011

there’s the:

“party that means well and isn’t very good at stuff”

and

“the party that just stopped your student loans from being forgiven and actively wants you to suffer for no reason but cruelty”

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

naem posted:

there’s the:

“party that means well and isn’t very good at stuff”

and

“the party that just stopped your student loans from being forgiven and actively wants you to suffer for no reason but cruelty”

It's not no reason,

It's that it's Not Fair

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Yes let's point all fingers at the Democrats and not the other party that is suing and doing everything they can to stop this.

That is what smart people do.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Oh I thought it was the courts.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Oh I thought it was the courts.

The lawsuits are being brought by six Republican Attorneys General.

The courts haven't ruled on the case yet, but the 8th circuit judge did allow an initial injunction to prevent any action until the court case is over.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Oh ok, so it is the courts.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
It's definitely not the party that controls the Senate and Whitehouse that's for darn sure

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
They’d never get 60 votes in the senate.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

Cacafuego posted:

How can a human brain exist like this?

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
What if we all just declare bankruptcy at once

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Car Hater posted:

That would probably be a bad strategy because you have to actually get approved for bankruptcy first. Everyone doing it at once would just create a huge line.

Student loans also are rarely discharged in bankruptcy. Prior to the 2005 bankruptcy bill, only about 4% of student loans were approved as discharged during bankruptcy. The bankruptcy bill made it even harder and now it is less than 1.5% get approved to be discharged.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Car Hater posted:

Looks like I spoke too soon and Biden had the same idea.

https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1593355563781480450

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Was kinda looking forward to clearing out my student loans without ruining my credit.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I feel like on top of tanking your credit, if you file chapter 7 you'll end up with worse payments than in IDR, file chapter 11 and they're going to come take your stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I only knew one couple who declared bankruptcy, and they ended up regretting it.

I figure this relatively minor forgiveness still has a decent chance of getting approved, but I also have other irons in the fire to knock off even bigger amounts of my student loan debt.