Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

Personally I'm a fan of mining out a cave too much so the mountain kills me

mountains have become my default for building rooms. i don't build walls outside the mountains until i've run out of mountain to build under.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
sounds like you're building some kind of fortress for dwarves

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
and bugs! lots of bugs

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Yes the bugs love the mountains too. Almost too much

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

mechs got a huge upgrade in biotech but bug infestations are relatively easy to defeat (if you get them early). bottleneck them in a doorway with a couple good melee people up front in armor and a guy hucking grenades through the door takes care of them super quick

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
can you put up pillars to support mountains

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

yes, you can

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
last game I was unable to stop playing until it was 2am was satisfactory a couple years ago.

feels good to be enjoying a game again

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

Agile Vector posted:

hmm, sounds like you started on gilligan's island. better make that comms cocoanut-based

lol, yeah, gives a different meaning to "build a ship" as the stated goal of the game, am looking forward to visiting the mainland via drop pods, i dislike how well drop pods are balanced between resources required to build one vs. capacity of one -- need (afaik) 120 steel, 2 components, and as much chemfuel as necessary to get you where you want to go, and that can get you right up to the 150kg capacity of one

anyway randy random gave my single-person colony a wanderer who was definitely worthwhile to let join, only trait is sanguine (permanent +12 mood bonus), not too skilled and only has a burning passion for mining (e: and no incapabilities), which is a great complement to Tanya's lack of mining skills, so hes a fantastic addition to the Republic of Tanya

Lysidas fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 17, 2022

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

echinopsis posted:

can you put up pillars to support mountains

Sure maybe if you're not a moron

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

pentiment is good

only just got to the "real" beginning of it, and now i'm all onboard. much as i liked the style and writing i was very worried that it'd be too much "ain't medieval nonsense quiant, here's a nifty fact about the early church!"

now i presume it'll be all the name of the rose with some added comedy from here.

e: also as an enjoyer of typography it gets a *lot* of extra points for the stylized writing

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I disable infestations, they are not very fun and after a while just get really annoying. I wish they were a implemented a tiny bit better.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

insect meat is good to make into kibble and jelly sells really well to traders. so there is that

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

hbomb put up a new video ostensibly about the Roblox OOF sound, but going off into some diversions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0twDETh6QaI

I have it on in a second window and just looked up to lol

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

The number of softcore adult CD-ROMs for Windows 3.1 is pretty impressive.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

hbomb put up a new video ostensibly about the Roblox OOF sound, but going off into some diversions

read this post, thought "haha that is a funny sound, let's see what it's about"

clicked play

1:57:49

NOPE

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sagebrush posted:

clicked play

NOPE

Yeah it's two hours of hBomb bodying this guy Tommy Tallarico with receipts, but there are eight billion people on this Earth and I don't feel this one guy needs a multi-hour callout - unless the second hour is about him being a secret Nazi or something I'm giving it a L.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It's a pretty entertaining story about a guy who has lied about being the sound designer for a bunch of very popular video games. Apparently no one has fact checked him until now. I only watched an hour while doing some work.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It's a pretty entertaining story about a guy who has lied about being the sound designer for a bunch of very popular video games. Apparently no one has fact checked him until now. I only watched an hour while doing some work.

i meanwhile didn't even finish reading this post

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

its basketball time now though so im going to go watch that garbage

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i meanwhile didn't even finish reading this post

lol

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Yeah it's two hours of hBomb bodying this guy Tommy Tallarico with receipts, but there are eight billion people on this Earth and I don't feel this one guy needs a multi-hour callout - unless the second hour is about him being a secret Nazi or something I'm giving it a L.

i really enjoyed and learned from the jorp callout which was THREE drat HOURS by some more news

had to watch it in pieces though

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Yeah from the quarter to halfway mark HB is maybe re-litigating the 'Oof' thing too much, but then the second half of the vid is about all the other bullshit this guy has claimed and its a big long list lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

this video is such a thorough and brutal character assassination it’s hard to watch haha

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i don't understand how some dumbass who claimed to make video game sounds is worth 2 hours of my life

im glad to get the 30s rundown, but that's a long video. i could be watching dune again instead.

it seems like the grownup version of the kid in my middle school that told me he had to rip someone's heart out to get a black belt.

just to be clear me completely not getting it doesn't mean that people who do get it shouldn't enjoy it. have fun. i'll just rub some lineament into my joints and complain about those dang cats poopin in my planter as the world passes me by

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

clicked play

NOPE

I'm absolutely going to get high and watch a 2 hour hbomber vid

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Achmed Jones posted:

i don't understand how some dumbass who claimed to make video game sounds is worth 2 hours of my life

im glad to get the 30s rundown, but that's a long video. i could be watching dune again instead.

it seems like the grownup version of the kid in my middle school that told me he had to rip someone's heart out to get a black belt.

just to be clear me completely not getting it doesn't mean that people who do get it shouldn't enjoy it. have fun. i'll just rub some lineament into my joints and complain about those dang cats poopin in my planter as the world passes me by

I don't understand

why

people can't use

loving paragraphs

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm going to play rimworld until i fall asleep

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

dioxazine posted:

i'm going to play rimworld until i fall asleep

same but rimming your mum

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

omg tommy tallarico! I haven't thought aobut that type of poo poo in ages. one time cliffy b told me to gently caress off in YCS lmao

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'll probably play that hbomberguy vid in the background while sanding some wood or somthing. His vids are ok but they're too long to actually pay attention to

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I don't understand

why

people can't use

loving paragraphs

a lot of news articles, for some reason, break every sentence up into a separate paragraph.

it is not clear that this improves clarity or readability, or indeed why journalists do it at all.

however, there must be a reason, or it wouldn't be so prevalent across the industry.

some people have argued that this makes articles look stupid and breaks up the natural flow of the text.

others say that since a significant minority of americans are functionally illiterate, the average person won't realize that anything is off.

there is still no consensus on the matter.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

a lot of news articles, for some reason, break every sentence up into a separate paragraph.

it is not clear that this improves clarity or readability, or indeed why journalists do it at all.

however, there must be a reason, or it wouldn't be so prevalent across the industry.

some people have argued that this makes articles look stupid and breaks up the natural flow of the text.

others say that since a significant minority of americans are functionally illiterate, the average person won't realize that anything is off.

there is still no consensus on the matter.

not you in particular

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the real answer is that my eyes are bad, and if i'm phoneposting having white space like that helps a lot. on the computer it looks weird, but on a phone it's very helpful for me. this is all dependent on my text size settings and stuff

also i am illiterate

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl posted:

not you in particular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe7cCV-91yw

gonna get probed anyway, so a video of how I spend my month probes

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted: