Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Aid’s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

icantfindaname posted:

if aids was a new thing today in 2022 we would 100% absolutely not a joke let everyone get infected

it’s mild, you can live with it, the antivirals will make pfizer a shitload of money, and npis are bad pr and don’t meet cost benefit analyses done by on-payroll pfizer economists

herd immunity!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Richard Evans said today in a press conference,

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Richard Evans said today in a press conference,

lol

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm in favour of the covid zero idea, not going to lie

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Haven't had covid yet. suck it, society.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

NoneMoreNegative posted:

idgi

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbqbjqHvSA0&t=15s

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

oooooohhhhh

thanks

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
went into the office today, per dept. head’s request to “not be 100% remote”. immediate boss hosed off at noon to wfh and told me to do the same

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Gotta keep up those beepearances

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

they already cleared out my office and gave it to a senior who wanted to be there, but couldn't have an office prior to the pandemic due to them all being occupied before they were onboarded.

i'd have to hot seat if i wanted to go back, but i'm planning on leaving in a month or two anyway

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
god i love being one of two hundred passengers on a bus with 56 seats and an official capacity of 110 and being the only person wearing a mask

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
same but ironically

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

make sure it’s a properly sealed n95 and you’re fine

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

still haven't gotten it, g-d bless the pacific northwest

transit? no problem. costco? no problem. blues concerts? no problem. turns out all you need is to live in the developed world

Apr 7, 2003

Kazinsal posted:

still haven't gotten it, g-d bless the pacific northwest

transit? no problem. costco? no problem. blues concerts? no problem. turns out all you need is to live in the developed world

I've been seeing a trend with people getting got by lying relatives. Mom and dad say they tested and they're negative, no need for masks, subject has a few days with mom and dad and whoops, they've got covid. Or family says they're testing in advance of a wedding and everyone gets sick anyway.

Best to just mask, because people are liars. good stuff.

Apr 7, 2003

The context here is that the guy is complaining about catching Covid for the fifth time:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:thunk:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
drat if only there was something he could do to stop catching the pandemic virus

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have a growing suspicion that covid has ruined my brain but I also suspect it’s a bit like a flip flop and if I get covid again then I’ll be smart again

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I don't think it works that way

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
sometimes i think im bad at talk people because of covid and sometimes i think it is just 3 years of not ever having to have a live conversation with a coworker without a agreeing on a subject in advance so i can't improvise work conversations anymore

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Corla Plankun posted:

sometimes i think im bad at talk people because of covid and sometimes i think it is just 3 years of not ever having to have a live conversation with a coworker without a agreeing on a subject in advance so i can't improvise work conversations anymore

very much this, falling out of practice simply interacting with people was actually a pretty big deal turns out, i am still floundering a bit.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

PokeJoe posted:

I don't think it works that way

it does

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i don't know enough about COVID to dispute that

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I’m gonna get United Gold status this year which is pretty cool. also I haven’t gotten Covid yet, which is also cool.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it totally does

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

remember that scene in golden eye when the nerd scientist dude kept clicking the pen-bomb thingy and james was counting the clicks because each cycle would arm/disarm the bomb? that’s me watching my chud uncle get covids at the thanksgiving table this year

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Stereotype posted:

drat if only there was something he could do to stop catching the pandemic virus

giving everyone you see a big smooch on the lips prevents you from getting the virus

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

President Beep posted:

remember that scene in golden eye when the nerd scientist dude kept clicking the pen-bomb thingy and james was counting the clicks because each cycle would arm/disarm the bomb? that’s me watching my chud uncle get covids at the thanksgiving table this year

i think everybody should take a revolutionary step and (a) stop inviting chuds to thanksgiving or (b) not go

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

psiox posted:

i think everybody should take a revolutionary step and (a) stop inviting chuds to thanksgiving or (b) not go

that’s actually how it’s panned out in the last few years. my immediate family are good people and they got tired of everyone else’s poo poo (except mine!!!)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

President Beep posted:

that’s actually how it’s panned out in the last few years. my immediate family are good people and they got tired of everyone else’s poo poo (except mine!!!)

i thought your american

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

i thought your american

hes the president

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

cool

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i am a citizen of the universe namastay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

which universe is that? never heard of it