Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Gnossiennes posted:

lmao still no pip

it's time to get all this poo poo documented and build a case for harassment. like this is just mental torture at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

KidDynamite posted:

it's time to get all this poo poo documented and build a case for harassment. like this is just mental torture at this point.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
use your phone to take photos of relevant emails/chats, make notes about dates/times of when poo poo was said to you if you can't capture it w/ photos

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah i was thinking of making a "buy beefy's crap" sa-mart thread anyway lol

maybe i'll do it over the weekend

post the link when you do so I can maybe give you money

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Jonny 290 posted:

are you making sure to wear a hat to guard against Van Allen Belt radiation?

foil lined kippah

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Gnossiennes posted:

lmao still no pip

just going to say here that i am not *that* empathetic a person and this post still hurt me. i have no advice but i do hope you realize how tremendously bullshit all of this is and consider any and all options available to you to get yourself into a better place.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
they're all pretty good though. from a quick search this was with a om-d em-10:

most of the other stuff i posted was using the g85

e: the crappy macro tube pics were from the g100

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i've been documenting emails and notes when he deigns to talk to me.

idk if this is normal, but he refuses to meet with me unless i schedule it. also his schedule is mostly double/triple booked lol. the last meeting we had scheduled for reviewing development objectives he cancelled with about ~30min notice

the sr designer suggested my "development update" communication to him be 1 pager ppts, so neat, i guess i get to use the kindergarten level corporate coloring book style, which i usually reverse for exec communication

like i get that he's a busy manager and all that, but dude has six direct reports. that's it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Gnossiennes posted:

idk if this is normal, but he refuses to meet with me unless i schedule it. also his schedule is mostly double/triple booked lol. the last meeting we had scheduled for reviewing development objectives he cancelled with about ~30min notice

the sr designer suggested my "development update" communication to him be 1 pager ppts, so neat, i guess i get to use the kindergarten level corporate coloring book style, which i usually reverse for exec communication

like i get that he's a busy manager and all that, but dude has six direct reports. that's it

it still sounds like it's causing you a ton of undue stress imo. i know you said you're not quite ready to move on but you really should consider your options, that doesn't sound like its conducive to a good work environment anyway

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Gnossiennes posted:

dude has six direct reports

hahahahahaha

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Anyone here familiar with what GPS tracking solutions are solid? Now that I've got my instrument collection rebuilt after getting jacked, want to have some kind of tracking on the valuable poo poo so I have a chance in hell at recovering it if it happens again. Vehicle too.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

airtags

people make all kinds of cases and mounts for them and they'll work anywhere someone has an ios device

so unless you need to track stuff that's off grid, they're the best option

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Beeftweeter posted:

it still sounds like it's causing you a ton of undue stress imo. i know you said you're not quite ready to move on but you really should consider your options, that doesn't sound like its conducive to a good work environment anyway

it absolutely is causing me a lot of undue stress. it's more that i had hoped the severance would help with cushioning the fall, although even without it i think I'll be ok. my husband already put me on his insurance so we have that covered, and we have his income, too. it's still upsetting and sucks!

i think what I'll do is set a date for myself of "if no pip by this date, i will resign" because tbh this poo poo isn't worth it lol.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
the russians used a pencil

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

The Fool posted:

airtags

people make all kinds of cases and mounts for them and they'll work anywhere someone has an ios device

so unless you need to track stuff that's off grid, they're the best option

one airtag hidden but not too hard to find, one hidden but hard to find

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

rotor posted:

hahahahahaha

in this meeting we just had he wasn't sure what the stages of the "design process" are. he has been managing this dept that's half industrial designers for 8 years. eight years. EIGHT YEARS.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Gnossiennes posted:

it absolutely is causing me a lot of undue stress. it's more that i had hoped the severance would help with cushioning the fall, although even without it i think I'll be ok. my husband already put me on his insurance so we have that covered, and we have his income, too. it's still upsetting and sucks!

i think what I'll do is set a date for myself of "if no pip by this date, i will resign" because tbh this poo poo isn't worth it lol.

try to emotionally disconnect and use the time to start prepping for interviewing :shobon:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
get nujob, ask for sign on bonus and a few weeks delayed starting date, spend few weeks on a beach sippin mojitos imo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
an incompetent manager is a curse. If you can't move around in the company, and if you can't go over his head, its time to leave.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

ngl the way airtags work is pretty loving cool
the whole "using nearby iphones to pinpoint where it is" thing

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

fins posted:

hbag why is manchester so drat cold and rainy? and wtf is a stalybridge? glad im outta here tomorrow!

...somehow i have no loving idea what stalybridge is either
i feel like i DID but then you asked and ive completely forgotten

and its cold and rainy because its loving november dude what were you expecting

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

hbag posted:

ngl the way airtags work is pretty loving cool
the whole "using nearby iphones to pinpoint where it is" thing

apple just stole the idea from tile, but can do it better because they can integrate it into the os instead of requiring an app to be installed

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

rotor posted:

an incompetent manager is a curse. If you can't move around in the company, and if you can't go over his head, its time to leave.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the only incompetent manager i ever had at least just did nothing and got out of his reports’ way, which is infinity times better than incompetent + meddlesome

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

airtags were such a peace of mind when i went to NY

checking the luggage is on the plane for takeoff, landing and baggage claim

worth every goddamn penny

mystes
May 31, 2006

Gnossiennes posted:

Have you considered applying for a job at Twitter?

The Fool posted:

apple just stole the idea from tile, but can do it better because they can integrate it into the os instead of requiring an app to be installed
Yeah it kind of sucks for tile because there's no way they can compete with 100% of apple devices looking for your tag rather than just people who've installed your app, but they also were charging extra for that feature so lol

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Vintersorg posted:

airtags were such a peace of mind when i went to NY

checking the luggage is on the plane for takeoff, landing and baggage claim

worth every goddamn penny

im guessing you need an iphone to use them right

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

rotor posted:

welcome back quiggy

:quig:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yeah but tile works for android fine

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hbag posted:

imagine not having an iPhone and posting in yospos

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

imagine not having an iPhone and posting in yospos

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

look, if you're poor you can get a perfectly suitable used iphone. you don't have to stoop to using an android hbag

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

hbag posted:

for sure - it links to Find My iPhone

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i think my oppo phone is fine actually even if the brand name sounds like some kind of slur

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

hbag posted:

i think my oppo phone is fine actually

oh man, should I tell them?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

akadajet posted:

oh man, should I tell them?

that their choice of phone might be negatively impacting their professional metrics?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

some 6 figgie yosposters will give you their old iphone 13

not me tho - im not 6 yet

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I do the apple upgrade programme so my 13 pro is getting turned in for the 14 pro soon

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

cls: i messed it and stabbed myself under the thumbnail with a letter opener

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

that their choice of phone might be negatively impacting their professional metrics?

their os…