Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
That's two boxes of cookies, scum - come on. What's more important? Winning an internet game of social deduction, or getting some chewy, crispy, deliciously soft snacks delivered straight to your doorstep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
if hal was still alive i bet he'd want some cookies :(

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

He might want them but he did turn Elvis into a murderer and a monster like that probably doesn't waste the NK for cookies, sadly.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Execute No One! (1): Hyper Crab Tank

Not Voting (5): b-minus1, Ignatius M. Meen, Monathin, My Second Re-Reg, WindwardAway

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 18th, 2022 at 4 p.m. CST -- that's in about 22 hours, 52 minutes.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
btw Iggy, do you still have that list of ability claims handy?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

My Second Re-Reg posted:

btw Iggy, do you still have that list of ability claims handy?

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I'm going to collect the role claims we have so far:

Me: write a message in the day if desired, wander to two random people at night, one-shot dirty socks vig. That mark has been placed so I can only wander around at night or shoot my mark in the day (so long as we both shall live).

Windward: updated only today to odd nights jailer. previously just claimed jailer. noting for completeness' sake, don't think this is AI for now per fair town obfuscation protocols. I'm presuming she does nothing on even nights unless clarified otherwise.

monathin: BP that requires reaching some sort of vote threshold to charge. No other night activity claimed.

Lotus: gunsmith odd nights, empowerer even nights originally. if their mystery partner dies, they become vanilla. claimed to have guessed their partner and lost the empowerer part, so now only an odd nights gunsmith.

shwin: passive doctor, only protects those who visit him.

binus: masons dead players at night. claims to have gathered solid intel on night bingo from the dead players.

This leaves HCT, Hal, and MSRR as unclaimed.

Thoughts so far: Lotta empty spaces! Can't say I'm a fan of that, but that's just how it is sometimes.

He has not and I don't like that either.

Relevant updates to the list below... (Hal doesn't count)

HCT: "Action cop" aka a tracker equivalent of the voyeur. Picks two targets, gets a list of whatever actions they both did that night, randomized like how you'd expect.

MSRR: alternating nights roleblocker, chose to handle even nights.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Much obliged :respek:

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
b, are you still feeling a Windward/HCT vote?

Also did you ever say why you had cooled on Monathin?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

My Second Re-Reg posted:

if the NK target ends up being me or Iggy, not much is learned for those remaining

I kind of don't want to give scum any ideas on which NK I think would me maximally bad for us, so I don't want to speculate too much out loud, but I would urge you to think about the possible NKs and what it means for the status of whoever survives and the info they will have. I don't think there's a scenario that puts us in a worse situation tomorrow than we are in today, and the upside can be big if you get it right in particular. Plus, as mentioned, at least this way we are guaranteed safe to see tomorrow. After sleeping on it I'm more sure than ever that no-lunch is the optimal path ahead, almost to the point that I'm starting to wonder why anyone would push for a lunch at this stage with this much confusion hanging in the air. All scum really need to do right now is drum up enough support to just barely get a mislunch off the ground and they just win. The closer we get to the deadline the more important I think it is to pick the safe option, too, because people get antsy near deadline and that is how bad swerves happen. Well there's no worse swerve than one that just tanks the game.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Let me just add a few things to clarify. I think scum have realized that between MSRR and me, letting the game go another day is a major threat to them. One of us might catch scum, and they can't kill both of us. And once one scum is caught, it's going to be way easier to read back and figure out who the last one must be based on thread activity. So I think they just want to get a mislunch in today any way they can and spare themselves having to deal with another day at a serious disadvantage.

So what I think is going to happen is that as we get close to deadline, scum are going to swoop into the thread and try to drum up a case against one or two players, both of which are going to be town. There's no need to bus someone when a mislunch means game over for town. The case doesn't have to be strong, scum only needs to convince two people it's a good idea in order to sweep the win, so it might be a bit sloppy and they're just going to rely on people being too tired and pressured by the deadline to stop and think. I'm saying all this now to try and shut off that avenue before it happens. The fewer tools scum have left today the easier it will be to corner them tomorrow.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I dunno, I won't say I disagree, but... yeah, I feel like my Mafia Noobness and general idiocy prevent me from having too strong an opinion on the no-kill option.

HCT: Purely for the sake of discussion (because this thread is way too quiet and I am fukkin bored), if you had to merk somebody today, who would be your top two choices?

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
I'm half asleep but wanted to weigh in on the no lunch suggestion again - I'm not really seeing a general consensus on whom to vote today, and while binus has yet to check in again, I think I'd rather go with a no lunch today. It's safer if we can't come to an agreement, and we can also hope to clear someone overnight.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

My Second Re-Reg posted:

HCT: Purely for the sake of discussion (because this thread is way too quiet and I am fukkin bored), if you had to merk somebody today, who would be your top two choices?

Gun to my head (and agreed that the thread is too drat quiet), the top choice for me is binus. I know that the medium thing is mechanically confusing and I agree that it doesn't sound like a scum role but that just makes me think it does something more to it that he hasn't told us about. There's just too much pointing in binus's direction for me. Sketchy vote on Illusionis, sketchy claim that's taken literally days to straighten out (I still haven't seen an explanation for why he says he received two items D1), the way his opinion on Monathin/Wind flip-flopped going into today, and just the generally contentless posting most of the game (I don't think it's a coincidence that his only real case was today, in MYLO, and it's also connected to the flip-flop). And there's also the fact that Lotus died after saying they would gunsmith binus. Occam's razor tells me that the simplest explanation here is the most likely, scum just couldn't let Lotus tell the thread binus can kill. The forbidden knowledge just further cements it in my mind that Lotus felt talking to binus would be a waste of time, because they saw he can kill.

The second one has to be either Windward or Monathin, then. Both of them have unverifiable claims (except for the jail which was at least confirmed N1, and Lotus's flip showing something similar makes me inclined to believe that part at least was true). Monathin's claim is the least verifiable claim of anyone still in the game, and an openly claimed bulletproof is such a classic scum fakeclaim since it provides cover when people start asking why you're still alive late in the game. But I already don't want to risk voting binus, so I definitely don't want to risk voting either of them, especially with Binus's weird flip-flopping around the both of them. But, again, gun to my head, I think between the unverifiability and binus moving so unnaturally from wanting to lunch Monathin all game to suddenly saying he's town, Monathin edges it out over Wind for me.

I would be remiss if I didn't say I at least found your claim a little suspect just because "mourn" is such a weird name for a roleblock. If so, then the Hal thing was distancing, but if so it was drat convincing and you've played a real good scum game. But you're the least of my concerns right now. Like, the fundamental problem for me is that someone is lying about their role, right? And for me it's hard to tell if it's binus, Windward, Monathin or you, because you all have little wonky corners in your claims that I can't verify.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

I just want to be clear about one thing though: Nothing in that post just now should be interpreted as me wanting to vote any of them today. I think the risk is too great, and the no-lunch is all-upside (or at worst neutral) for us. But maybe it can help inform MSRR on who to roleblock.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Gun to my head (and agreed that the thread is too drat quiet), the top choice for me is binus. I know that the medium thing is mechanically confusing and I agree that it doesn't sound like a scum role but that just makes me think it does something more to it that he hasn't told us about. There's just too much pointing in binus's direction for me. Sketchy vote on Illusionis, sketchy claim that's taken literally days to straighten out (I still haven't seen an explanation for why he says he received two items D1), the way his opinion on Monathin/Wind flip-flopped going into today, and just the generally contentless posting most of the game (I don't think it's a coincidence that his only real case was today, in MYLO, and it's also connected to the flip-flop). And there's also the fact that Lotus died after saying they would gunsmith binus. Occam's razor tells me that the simplest explanation here is the most likely, scum just couldn't let Lotus tell the thread binus can kill. The forbidden knowledge just further cements it in my mind that Lotus felt talking to binus would be a waste of time, because they saw he can kill.

The second one has to be either Windward or Monathin, then. Both of them have unverifiable claims (except for the jail which was at least confirmed N1, and Lotus's flip showing something similar makes me inclined to believe that part at least was true). Monathin's claim is the least verifiable claim of anyone still in the game, and an openly claimed bulletproof is such a classic scum fakeclaim since it provides cover when people start asking why you're still alive late in the game. But I already don't want to risk voting binus, so I definitely don't want to risk voting either of them, especially with Binus's weird flip-flopping around the both of them. But, again, gun to my head, I think between the unverifiability and binus moving so unnaturally from wanting to lunch Monathin all game to suddenly saying he's town, Monathin edges it out over Wind for me.

I would be remiss if I didn't say I at least found your claim a little suspect just because "mourn" is such a weird name for a roleblock. If so, then the Hal thing was distancing, but if so it was drat convincing and you've played a real good scum game. But you're the least of my concerns right now. Like, the fundamental problem for me is that someone is lying about their role, right? And for me it's hard to tell if it's binus, Windward, Monathin or you, because you all have little wonky corners in your claims that I can't verify.

So, despite mechanically clearing Monathin from having killed last night, with the exception of if a ninja exists, you still suspect him?

And why me? I don't recall seeing you mention much about suspecting me earlier in the day.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
For what it's worth there is one final small quirk with my roleblock ability that.... idk kinda makes the "mourn" name work a bit better? It's probably inconsequential at this point tbh but just in case I think it may be smart to keep it under my hat for now. Either way it doesn't change the fundamental nature of "every other night I can RB someone".

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

WindwardAway posted:

So, despite mechanically clearing Monathin from having killed last night, with the exception of if a ninja exists, you still suspect him?

And why me? I don't recall seeing you mention much about suspecting me earlier in the day.

It should be obvious why you or Monathin. Iggy is as confirmed as can be. I'm already suspecting binus. That only leaves you, Monathin and MSRR, and MSRR is low on my list of suspects.

I'm not saying Monathin is a ninja, though. Let's not forget there are two scum here. He could just have not done the kill on either of those nights when I checked him. But yes, you're right, this is not a particularly strong case and I really wouldn't want to vote anyone other than binus even with a gun to my head. But the good thing here is that I really don't have to vote binus or anyone else. Either MSRR or I will survive until tomorrow guaranteed and we will have some information. Scum is now in the position where they have to guess who MSRR will block, and they have to take a chance on whether they'll get caught by me or him.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

It's eerily quiet here. I thought there would be a bit more chatter by now, but apparently not.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Well, I've been at work all day. Not that it stopped me, much... but more importantly I don't really have anything to say that I haven't already. At this point I'm just hoping we don't mess up and play it safe, rather than apathy mislunch or get twitchy fingers and surrender to confirmation bias.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
b hasn't hit lurker threshold for today yet, even....

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I don’t have anything to add.

Rereg and meen are my strongest town reads

It’s either mona and wind or hct and wind

I kinda want to vote wins to see what happens

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Are you comfortable with no-voting today?

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t have anything to add.

Rereg and meen are my strongest town reads

It’s either mona and wind or hct and wind

I kinda want to vote wins to see what happens

Remind me why you suddenly moved me from your townreads to your scumreads today

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I would think there's a very obvious reason but I' not going to spell it out because the fact Windward and HCT have both pushed on it isn't a great look.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I really wish this thread wasn't so quiet but... it is what it is.

Just to reiterate, the plan tonight is:
* HCT targets b and Wind with their action cop ability
* I target ~someone~ with my roleblock
* We compile data D5 and see what it tells us

Is anybody else calling any shots for N4? Scum, my offer of cookies is still on the table.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Execute No One! (1): Hyper Crab Tank

Not Voting (5): b-minus1, Ignatius M. Meen, Monathin, My Second Re-Reg, WindwardAway

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 18th, 2022 at 4 p.m. CST -- that's in about 52 minutes.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

##vote no one

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Mountains rise and fall, and under them the Turtle swims onward. Men live and die, and the Turtle Moves. Empires grow and crumble, and the Turtle Moves. Gods come and go, and still the Turtle Moves.

The Turtle Moves.
This is :redhammer: so please stop the intense posting.

(As in, we have reached deadline)

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Execute No One! (2): Hyper Crab Tank, Monathin

Not Voting (4): b-minus1, Ignatius M. Meen, My Second Re-Reg, WindwardAway

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 18th, 2022 at 4 p.m. CST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Day 4 has ended in no execution.

Night 4 begins now - 24 hours for night actions.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Ignatius M. Meen, TOWN-Aligned Apocalyptic Messenger has been killed in the night!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuQCeNyFr5c&t=1s

quote:

Your song is “The Seven Angels” by Avantasia; you spread celestial messages all over the mortal realm, for those that want to hear them, but you are also more than able to become an embodiment of heavenly fury. Which one will it be tonight?

You are a TOWN-Aligned Apocalyptic Messenger!

You can write a message by day, with a maximum of 2000 words. At night you will randomly wander to visit two players, transmitting your message. If you do not write anything, you will still wander around, but no message will be sent. Once per game, at night, you can choose one player to ##mark for death. They will be visited in place of one of your random targets, and will receive the message normally. You can then choose to ##smite this player by day which is a vigilante action (public action, submitted in thread). You can't move your target around once set, but you aren't forced to use the ##smite action.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Day 5 begins now!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (5): b-minus1, Hyper Crab Tank, Monathin, My Second Re-Reg, WindwardAway

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 21st, 2022 at 4 p.m. CST -- that's in about 2 days.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

MSSR? Crab?

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

##vote binus

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

##vote binus

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Mountains rise and fall, and under them the Turtle swims onward. Men live and die, and the Turtle Moves. Empires grow and crumble, and the Turtle Moves. Gods come and go, and still the Turtle Moves.

The Turtle Moves.
:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: b-minus1, we hardly knew ye :(

Votecount for Day 5

b-minus1 (3): WindwardAway, Hyper Crab Tank, Anonymous

Not Voting (3): b-minus1, Monathin, My Second Re-Reg

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 21st, 2022 at 4 p.m. CST -- that's in about 2 days.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

b-minus1, TOWN-Aligned Spirit Talker has been eliminated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7YF-98SU5o

quote:

Your song is “The Old Ways” by Loreena McKennitt; you are the nostalgia for someone in your past, but also for an entire land and way of life you left behind, never to return to.

You are a TOWN-aligned Spirit Talker!

You may use ##summon to enter a masonry with a dead or executed player. You will be offered the choice after each execution or death - on refusal, or if they refuse in turn, the players will become unavailable. Only one masonry can be active at any time - you may choose to change targets, but will then unrecoverably lose the previous link.

Monathin, TOWN-Aligned Last Stand Bulletproof has been endgamed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2Lc6Ph-m5M

quote:

Your song is "If the Story is Over" by Stratovarius; You draw power from adversity. You are TOWN-Aligned Last Stand Bulletproof! The first time you get four or more active votes, you will gain a ##bulletproof charge, which becomes active instantly. You will not be notified if this charge is spent, but if it is, the power will silently reactivate, and you may gain another charge. You will be notified each time you gain a charge. Charges do not stack.

My Second Re-Reg, TOWN-Aligned Roleblocker has been endgamed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp3BlFZWJNA

quote:

Your song is “Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima” by Krzysztof Penderecki; you are a beautiful, tragic, chaotic, uncomfortable work for string orchestra. You defy tradition and embrace the new. You are really hard to play and violinists hate you. (Kindly thanks to Saladscooper for this description!)

You are a TOWN-aligned Roleblocker!

At night, you may visit a player to ##mourn with, roleblocking them. Next night, anyone who visits your previous target will be roleblocked in turn. You cannot mourn on consecutive nights.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

The SCUM (Hyper Crab Tank, Windward Away, Hal Incandenza) have won!

Hyper Crab Tank, MAFIA-Aligned Godfather/Redirector:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvANy49Kqhw

quote:

Your song is “The Fine Print” by The Stupendium; you are the personification of capitalism and false promises. To be honest, it’s hard to blame you that much. What did they expect, really?

You are a MAFIA-Aligned Godfather/Redirector!

You cannot be investigated: any actions that may give out any information about your ALIGNMENT or ROLE will automatically fail. This does not apply to movement based actions. As a night action, you can ##redirect a player into a target of your choice, learning who they tried to target and what action they used, if applicable.

You win when scum have unassailable control over the vote.

Windward Away, MAFIA-Aligned Jailer/Ninja:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb1UZPc3vTA

quote:

Your song is “Hard to Love” by One OK Rock; you recognize that you may do bad things but you always have at least one person who sees the goodness in you…or thinks they do.

You are a MAFIA-Aligned Jailer/Ninja! You are also linked to another player in this game.

On even nights, should you do the NK, you can make it a ##ninja kill, making it not count as a visit. This power will be active as long as your linked player is alive. Should your linked player be killed you will become functionally vanilla scum. On odd nights, you can ##search a player to discover if they are your link - this action will also ##jail your target. Once you have located your linked player, you lose access to your search/jail action (you will be informed of this).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

binus, for the record, I love ya buddy, but next time it's us two in endgame and I have the power I'm vigging you myself lmao