Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
in the past when you sometimes tried to connect to a bluetooth it’d tell you you need to go into the object and select “forget device”

but now it has removed that unecessary step and offers to do it for you

😍 apple 😍

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I would have fixed the typo but apple can’t work out what word I meant to type

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

yay (i had no idea qi went back as far as the 8 either)

thats why it has the glass back

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

njsykora posted:

i've never come into an instance where i need to put an image somewhere and it can't handle heic, even twitter manages it

windows, lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Raluek posted:

windows, lol

lmao

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Achmed Jones posted:

awful.app, which I think uses Imgur, can’t. it’s very dumb\

there is a way to make this work. use the long press and put your image in the post by selecting it from your library. select the image and copy it. delete the image from your post, long press, [img], paste. you can now post it.

i just did the process for this pic of my two cats and corgi all chilling next to each other (and me) in bed a few days ago.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Raluek posted:

windows, lol

yeah wtf is up with this? did the codec cost $0.001 per install or did they think users should have to go to the Microsoft Store?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what? windows opens heic fine here

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
you installed a special extension then

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
you need to get HEIF Image Extensions (which is free) from the MS store, then you need to pay $0.99 to open HEVC.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Mr. Nice! posted:

there is a way to make this work. use the long press and put your image in the post by selecting it from your library. select the image and copy it. delete the image from your post, long press, [img], paste. you can now post it.

i just did the process for this pic of my two cats and corgi all chilling next to each other (and me) in bed a few days ago.

cool hack

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

the hell?

you have tim hortons in boston?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

CE how dare you forego dunks for that canadian heresy

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

you need to get HEIF Image Extensions (which is free) from the MS store, then you need to pay $0.99 to open HEVC.

i definitely have not spent 99¢ to open a video file, so i guess it's part of the codec package i have.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
or just like use https://postimages.org

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

infernal machines posted:

i definitely have not spent 99¢ to open a video file, so i guess it's part of the codec package i have.

there is a free version as well: ms-windows-store://pdp/?ProductId=9n4wgh0z6vhq which is what you probably installed

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

the hell?

you have tim hortons in boston?

nah i went to montreal to see some hockey games and a couple shows.

a+++++ love government weed stores, love canadians at hockey games just absolutely wonderful experience all around.

probably the only place ive been in years with working payphones. i got nostalgic about hacking them as a kid because i havent even thought of that poo poo in years.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

like i forgot how much montreal slaps since i havent been since i was in my early 20s. for me its just french boston. you can walk bike or train everywhere, lots of practical, dense urban planning. it is always a genuine pleasure to visit a north american city i dont have to uber everywhere in.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

like the first night we walked from our spot to the bell center which ok was like 5km but we went to a drag show and got drunk poutine on the loop back. i go hard on vacation and was like 10/10 crossfaded by the middle of the drag show and it was extremely cool to be nobody elses problem as i navigated my evening. my favorite city in north america is new orleans for exactly that reason. entire city is built on eating well and getting hammered and does its best to facillitate. thats really all i want out of a city. like i spend the days checking poo poo out but my #1 while travelling is eating and drinking well and i prefer cities that let me gently caress around and find out over the suburban sprawl of miami or like austin even

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Casual Encountess posted:

like the first night we walked from our spot to the bell center which ok was like 5km but we went to a drag show and got drunk poutine on the loop back. i go hard on vacation and was like 10/10 crossfaded by the middle of the drag show and it was extremely cool to be nobody elses problem as i navigated my evening. my favorite city in north america is new orleans for exactly that reason. entire city is built on eating well and getting hammered and does its best to facillitate. thats really all i want out of a city. like i spend the days checking poo poo out but my #1 while travelling is eating and drinking well and i prefer cities that let me gently caress around and find out over the suburban sprawl of miami or like austin even

hell yeah

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump_fn posted:

thank u kings and queens for explaining to my dumb rear end thst my phone can wirelessly charge. i got one and now my phone isn’t dead

youre welcome OP

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
new orleans truly is a wonderful experience. Just do not take a piss in an alley.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

we went for christmas last year and had probably too much of a blast, but it was a great time. incredible food, everyone was friendly, and booze in abundance and not horribly expensive even in touristy areas

our half a week in rome was not dissimilar other than the food and booze being even cheaper

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
got a Pioneer external Blu-ray drive, used MakeMKV to perfectly rip my region b Metropolis disc that I've had for a couple years and couldn't watch lol. no firmware flashing shenanigans, just works out of the box. also looks to be supported by Toast although I haven't tried burning anything yet. XLD rips cds just fine too. 10/10 so far

:c00l:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

which one? I’m tired of my superdrive and am going to want to rip all my hk dvds soon

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
BDR-XD07B should be widely available

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i love that you have to buy a completely different model to be able to read uhd bd discs.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
toast still exists? lmao

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Oh they've updated the tech note https://kb.corel.com/en/128504

Previously it just said "please disable system integrity protection from the boot recovery menu to install Toast"

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

my coworker and her husband maxed out the 2TB highest icloud tier with baby videos and are willing to pay for more storage but tim just won't let them. weird it's not an option tbh

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

you can get 4tb if you get an apple one account and add a 2 tb space add-on

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

me and my wife have been constantly videoing our 2 kids for 8 years and still comfortably fit into the 200gb tier

gg your coworker

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

i love that you have to buy a completely different model to be able to read uhd bd discs.
that's blurway baby

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

which one? I’m tired of my superdrive and am going to want to rip all my hk dvds soon
https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27378
more details on supported models. i went Pioneer because there's no loving around with the firmware

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I bought a Pioneer BDR-XS07TUHD to rip UHD blurays with makemkv
...and then I bought a LG BP50NB40 to rip PS3 games for rpcs3

feeling real nostalgic for all kinds of physical media lately :shobon:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Chris Knight posted:

that's blurway baby

blessed stebe in 2008 posted:

You know, Blu-ray is a bag of hurt. I don’t mean from a consumer point of view—it’s great to watch movies—but the licensing is so complex. We’re waiting until things settle down and Blu-ray takes off in the marketplace before we burden our customers with the cost of the licensing and the cost of the drives.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

huh. the external apple superdrive is still a plain old cd/dvd mechanism in 2022, i guess timb didn't want to get haunted

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i wanna say they offered a bluray drive on one of the old cheese grater mac pros but i'm not 100% sure

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah macs did briefly have BR support. the MacBook Air was released after physical media stopped mattering so the official external drive never did. I’m not sure what would happen if you plugged a third party external BR drive into a modern mac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

haveblue posted:

yeah macs did briefly have BR support. the MacBook Air was released after physical media stopped mattering so the official external drive never did. I’m not sure what would happen if you plugged a third party external BR drive into a modern mac

it'd probably work so long as the AACS was stripped. i know there was hidden BDMV support in quicktime but they may have removed it, i haven't used macos for more than browsing in quite a while

otherwise it's just AVC, and the os includes support for ac3 and ac4/atmos. presumably dts wouldn't decode but that's pretty easy to work around