Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Been thinking a lot today about my plans post-job today and it's been really nice and positive to think about 8) eg setting myself a "resign by" date, listing what paperwork stuff i need to take care of soon, finding what i need to set up if i want to freelance for a while or something, etc.

it feels pretty freeing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Gnossiennes posted:

Been thinking a lot today about my plans post-job today and it's been really nice and positive to think about 8) eg setting myself a "resign by" date, listing what paperwork stuff i need to take care of soon, finding what i need to set up if i want to freelance for a while or something, etc.

it feels pretty freeing!

when contemplating not having a job I usually clench up and my brain turns into one of those desert mice who scurry around at night in constant mortal fear. that’s awesome for you!

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Jonny 290 posted:

got a bunch of tools in

see those black screwdrivers? JIS drivers. because Japan has its own standard for screws, and you'll gently caress up the heads on things like expensive ham radios and vintage stereos if you caveman that poo poo with Phillips drivers.

I'm late to JIS chat but I messed up the screws on my blast city arcade machine pretty good by not realising that they were not in fact phillips head. luckily I had a spare donor cab that I could salvage from.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
another one that looks liek phillips is reed & prince but you only see it on weird old woodwork

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Roosevelt posted:

when contemplating not having a job I usually clench up and my brain turns into one of those desert mice who scurry around at night in constant mortal fear. that’s awesome for you!

that's what my brain has done up until a couple weeks ago, so, yeah i get it completely. it helps that my student loans are paid off and my husband added me to his insurance, so i don't feel quite so panicked.

and i get some enjoyment out of knowing i have the option to tell my manager to metaphorically eat poo poo

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
cstudents: it took longer than i thought it would, but i've finally had somebody enter the honeypot i'm running for a class project, echo slurs, and then just leave

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

got a bunch of tools in

see those black screwdrivers? JIS drivers. because Japan has its own standard for screws, and you'll gently caress up the heads on things like expensive ham radios and vintage stereos if you caveman that poo poo with Phillips drivers.

there's another tool that isnt in the photo

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

hbag posted:

there's another tool that isnt in the photo

turn off your monitor

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
cjs: no j tonight.

listening to a radio 1 dj mix that's older than hbag (ed rush + optical, 1999)

it's so fuckin good

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Jonny 290 posted:

cjs: no j tonight.

listening to a radio 1 dj mix that's older than hbag (ed rush + optical, 1999)

it's so fuckin good

speaking of old stuff i'm listening to orbital circa 1990 rn

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
nice. been going through the old global underground, bedrock, renaissance catalogs. so much good poo poo

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I was listening to nighthawks at the diner earlier

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
happy monday

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bump_fn posted:

happy monday

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Jonny 290 posted:

nice. been going through the old global underground, bedrock, renaissance catalogs. so much good poo poo

there's so much stuff i've never even really listened to that i should go back and check out. i was never in the rave scene, didn't even exist where i grew up. i would just buy cds quite literally at random from music clubs from the "electronic" section when i got bored with the punk and alt-rock my friends exclusively listened to. sometimes it would work out really well. that's how i got into aphex twin, orbital, meat beat manifesto, download, front 242, kraftwerk, probably a few others i'm forgetting, but mostly just their more popular stuff that was easy to find.

e: i just searched for plastikman in yt music and saw he only had 148 subscribers and almost had a fit but then i noticed richie hawtin is also listed and has a respectable 148k subscribers

Cold on a Cob fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 21, 2022

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kenny Logins posted:

i've only even gotten hand cramps from handwriting notes in university classes. don't miss em

i can do three rj45 ends before i have to stop. nowadays if im having a lovely dream i'll wake up and a hand will hurt cuz i was gripping the poo poo out of the duvet or whatever

Cold on a Cob posted:

e: i just searched for plastikman in yt music and saw he only had 148 subscribers and almost had a fit but then i noticed richie hawtin is also listed and has a respectable 148k subscribers

never got into hawtin/plastikman

jimmy van m's still absolutely rips. the rest, eh. he's still hiding in spain because he never paid any taxes on the delta heavy tour

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
finished my weekend project

all drums and basslines replaced, song extended by 30%, and i re-recorded all the guitar parts

and made an edit video. 4k made my computer GRIND i need an epyc build
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vapw5-IkQC8

ate a copyright block, but only for ??? russia ??? rozkomnadzor is a harsh mistress

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

cjs: monday :mad:

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

dioxazine posted:

cjs: monday :mad:

this keeps happening
this keeps happening

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
cjs: took the day off. going to go get an oil change and do some grocery shopping, then the day is mine. think i'll finally finish reading a book i started last summer

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

this keeps happening
this keeps happening

yeah it sucks

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cold on a Cob posted:

cjs: took the day off. going to go get an oil change

wait are u a robot?

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
blessedly our office is closed today and I plan to spend most of the afternoon knocking holes in my walls instead of staring at computer.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

10% of the department is already gone on a long holiday week, probably more to come. which means nobody is expected to get anything done and that's how i thrive

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
ahh god i can't stop sneezing

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

cjs thanksgiving week motherfuckasssss

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

ahh god i can't stop sneezing

people are really talking about you today

(hope you recover quickly!)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

dioxazine posted:

people are really talking about you today

(hope you recover quickly!)

lol thanks. i actually woke up because my wife is talking to someone about me in korean on the phone

i don't recognize the other voice :(

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

quiggy posted:

cjs thanksgiving week motherfuckasssss

thanksgiving is the best holiday because it's about being thankful and eating a lot, which makes it better than halloween (only about eating a lot) and way better than christmas (only about how much you spend)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

halloween is marginally better (i get to dress slutty and put spooky poo poo in my front yard) but thanksgiving is a time for logging into work and not doing anything, and also eating many kinds of pie

mystes
May 31, 2006

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

thanksgiving is the best holiday because it's about being thankful and eating a lot, which makes it better than halloween (only about eating a lot) and way better than christmas (only about how much you spend)
Thanksgiving is just Black Friday Eve

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

you can dress slutty for any holiday if you’re brave enough

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

jesus WEP posted:

you can dress slutty for any holiday if you’re brave enough

hmm

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

wait when did quiggy come back?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

saucy turkey :thunk:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

wait when did quiggy come back?

last week, i'm tryna flee the twitter implosion

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

im one of like three americans who work for a canadian company so everything is still chugging along like normal

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

cjs: 2.5d work week :toot:

mystes
May 31, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

cjs: 2.5d work week :toot:
I prefer the classic 2d work weeks personally but nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010