Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

is that the small size? do the big bars come in "ogre" size?

elf bar 600
last one lasted me like a day and a half

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

every time i look at one of those food delivery services it says its gonna take like 4x as long as if i go get it and like 2x the price and i just decide i dont really want some fast food that bad.

true sadness is paying fifty bucks for some tendies that show up cold 45 minutes later and they didnt even throw in any honey mustard

gently caress the grubhubs i'm over it

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Shaggar posted:

every time i look at one of those food delivery services it says its gonna take like 4x as long as if i go get it and like 2x the price and i just decide i dont really want some fast food that bad.

swr

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i use the food delivery services mainly because i don't have a car and don't really live within walking distance of any of the restaurants i want food from.

i can spend an hour getting to/from the restaurant on public transit, but my takeout is cold by the time i get home. alternatively i can rent a car share to run out and pick up takeout, but by the time i do that the car rental only ends up being a buck or maybe two less than ordering the same meal via doordash while i do things that don't involve riding a bus or driving a car.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

graph posted:

watching the oranje

its a good match so far

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Vintersorg posted:

its a good match so far

it is!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i live surrounded by food if i ever wish for takeaway. i can count on one hand the times i've used a delivery service in the last three years after switching to cooking for myself all of the time

i used to eat out maybe once a week for convenience's sake or if i didn't want a terrible, soggy sandwich / protein bar during the Dark Office Days. with how prices are now, i can usually make a real decent meal for <10 USD

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Beeftweeter posted:

seriously for a big mac meal and a spicy chicken sandwich for the wife plus some coffee that's ridiculous

at least it came with the potato's ultimate form

this is insane, esp in american bucks

without coupons and poo poo thats like $10 for the bigmac and maybe $11 for the sandwich, coffee is $1/medium - at least in Canada

some insane fees :/ id see $50 and go "i dont need it that bad"

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

dioxazine posted:

i live surrounded by food if i ever wish for takeaway. i can count on one hand the times i've used a delivery service in the last three years after switching to cooking for myself all of the time

i used to eat out maybe once a week for convenience's sake or if i didn't want a terrible, soggy sandwich / protein bar during the Dark Office Days. with how prices are now, i can usually make a real decent meal for <10 USD

i hate living somewhere where i cant just walk down the street to get a bite to eat but its probably better for me inthe longrun.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

this is insane, esp in american bucks

without coupons and poo poo thats like $10 for the bigmac and maybe $11 for the sandwich, coffee is $1/medium - at least in Canada

some insane fees :/ id see $50 and go "i dont need it that bad"

it would be like that in the us too if you went to go get it yourself instead of having it delivered to you.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
yeah iirc it was $12 and $13. shits insane but i feel like crap :shrug:

it did come pretty quick though, maybe 15 mins. nice and hot, hit the spot etc

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

post hole digger posted:

it would be like that in the us too if you went to go get it yourself instead of having it delivered to you.

it's less bad but still bad. i did wendys drive through a couple months ago cause "i'm sick of paying grubhub $20 so some driver can get $2 and i can be lazy". got a couple double stacks, one combo and it was like 23 fuckin dollars. that was basically the end of my relationship with fast food. it used to be you could fill your gut for ten, maybe twelve bucks. prices are insane now. a big mac combo is not worth nine god damned dollers

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

it used to be you could fill your gut for ten, maybe twelve bucks. prices are insane now. a big mac combo is not worth nine god damned dollers

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

I'm watching on Telemundo with my bunny ears and it's fun how the commentators keep saying "Holanda" while the on-screen graphics keep saying "Países Bajos"

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
hi nerds

did you know that in qatar one of the food ordering services for the world cup just has an open database you can freely modify

https://beinorder.com/laravel/public/products

like for example you could set food descriptions to قطر تدعم العبودية

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
hi kirk

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

hey kirk

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
oh poo poo its kirk

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

hey kirk

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

graph posted:

watching the oranje

it's pronounced "orange"

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

"urnj"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Beeftweeter posted:

oh poo poo its kirk

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Kirk posted:

hi nerds

did you know that in qatar one of the food ordering services for the world cup just has an open database you can freely modify

https://beinorder.com/laravel/public/products

like for example you could set food descriptions to قطر تدعم العبودية

Hi Kirk! How are you? I am fine.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

kirking off

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jonny 290 posted:

it's less bad but still bad. i did wendys drive through a couple months ago cause "i'm sick of paying grubhub $20 so some driver can get $2 and i can be lazy". got a couple double stacks, one combo and it was like 23 fuckin dollars. that was basically the end of my relationship with fast food. it used to be you could fill your gut for ten, maybe twelve bucks. prices are insane now. a big mac combo is not worth nine god damned dollers

yeah, its ridiculous now

i only really go if i have coupons or offers in the app. if im spending that much on a burg ill get it somewhere local where its made fresh

this was at a place called Sonia's stand, I think the burger was $5?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yup, there's absolutely no draw for the big chains now. you'll spend the same or more as a local or small chain for what amounts to a whole bunch of salt and some incidental meat, and you'll have to actively spend effort to not get one shaped like a wakanda character or rick sanchez

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

graph posted:

watching the oranje

Wait you mean the killgays murderpoors game between Holland and Senegal? Ban yourself for fucks sake Jesus christ you English.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"Oh I'm enjoying the sports literally hosted by literal literal Hitler ha ha."

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

yeah maybe don't watch this world cup. there will be more soccer

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

also s/o the european nations for going "actually we're not gonna wear our diversity armbands"

lmao love to exist on this hell planet

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Jesus christ you English.

are you amish

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Football is fun to play with friends.

FIFA is actively evil.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

are you amish

Beef I might be.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

fifa banned wearing pride rainbows this world cup because they didn't want to upset the local theocrats that bribed them

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i'm a fan of qatar saying one week before the world cup "btw we're altering the alcohol deal, pray we don't alter it further" and fifa just rolling over and accepting it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

quiggy posted:

i'm a fan of qatar saying one week before the world cup "btw we're altering the alcohol deal, pray we don't alter it further" and fifa just rolling over and accepting it

quote:

Budweiser is shelling out $75 million in exchange to what amounts to rescinded pouring rights and various on-site promotional perks in the company’s tenth stint as a global World Cup sponsor.

let them fight

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rotor posted:

let them fight

ABI doesnt really lose anything from this , $75mil is a drop in the bucket and now they get the “moral high ground” which lol lmao but don’t cry for bud

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Captain Foo posted:

don’t cry for bud

yeah this is what i mean by “let them fight”

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

don't cry for me, budweistina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU