Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

leafblower devil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

RatHat posted:

I still think the scale earrings lady is Famine.
Also the rip cord on the student president is a red herring and is just fake to get attention. I’m not sure how he fakes it in battle though, maybe he’s contracted with the saw devil or something.

Impostor Devil maybe?

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Asa and Denji bringing some amazing little expressions to the table this week.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Genuine question since I can't remember.

How do people know about the rip cord but not Denji's identity?

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Presumably it's visible during his televised fights. They also know he's a Highschooler which is probably becuase he's been seen wearing his uniform while fighting.

Oh, anbd the ED for ep 7 is back on form after last weeks lull. A CSM JRPG and cheesecake pans of the main ladies then a stunning advert for Skittles; taste the Rainbow. Good times. They really got the old VHS look down.

Popo fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 22, 2022

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Popo posted:

Fujimoto is amazing at conveying feelings with zero text. Yoru's smile seemed like genuine glee

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

Genuine question since I can't remember.

How do people know about the rip cord but not Denji's identity?

Doesn't at least one citizen give chainsaw man blood and rip his chord?

I cannot wait for Denji's date

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 22, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hbag posted:

leafblower devil

Lawnmower Man

pizzabutt
Jul 19, 2022

Jerkface posted:

Doesn't at least one citizen give chainsaw man blood and rip his chord?

I cannot wait for Denji's date

Yeah, during his fight with Aki-47 a bunch of them gather around him and feed him blood and pull his chord

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

hbag posted:

leafblower devil

Lawnmower man

Oh my loving god

E: beaten :/. But I would not put it past Fujimoto to make a reference to a corny movie from the 90s

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 22, 2022

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

In other news the anime only thread is reacting and it’s amazing

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Denji: Wow! If I had a nickel for every time I went on a date with a girl who was planning to murder me I'd have 3 nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened three times, right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Denji: Wow! If I had a nickel for every time I went on a date with a girl who was planning to murder me I'd have 3 nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened three times, right?

Denji would absolutely be like '3 nickles? I can eat good tonight!'

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I think he's gonna have a whole quarter or two by time this thing is done.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That conclusion he came to back during the Bomb Girl fight was the most right Denji has and probably ever will be.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

There is at least one other chainsawman???? Mystery Girl returns???? Denji about to get weaponized???

Part 2 is getting really good. The last big fight set a lot of stuff in motion I’m very excited to see.

Stray observations: Part time work against the rules implies Denji might still be working for someone. Or that’s a Japanese school thing idk.

Rip chord earrings could very well be the justice devil. Clearly they have some form of transformation powers. There’s a False-batman vigilante plot happening, and I have a feeling we’re gonna see more than just one chainsaw clones.

Poor Denji getting a date and looking sort of defeated. Man he is lonely and depressed. My poor sweet boy~

a lot of japanese schools forbid students from working part time jobs, yes

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Popo posted:

Gahmah
Nov 4, 2009

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hiro Protagonist posted:

If it was any other manga, I'd be 100% sure Denji won't/can't be turned into a weapon. With this one, I'm only 90% sure.

Past precedent suggests no, promotional art suggests yes. We'll see.

Poor Denji. A victim of school rules.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Every time there's a new CSM chapter up.

sube
Nov 7, 2022

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Part 2 is getting really good. The last big fight set a lot of stuff in motion I’m very excited to see.

Part 2 has been imo more interesting than part 1 already since it's developing somewhat more slowly and I like Asa and Yoru a lot as characters, though I went in with quite low expectations due to the new setting

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
we’re now potentially in a position where Asa ends up at Denji’s place and runs smack into Nayuta’s baleful gaze

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oxxidation posted:

we’re now potentially in a position where Asa ends up at Denji’s place and runs smack into Nayuta’s baleful gaze

Nayuta: I took out a 5,000,000 yen life insurance policy on him, so when you kill him make it look like an accident. The dogs and I have big plans for that money.

But seriously, if Denji does get turned into a weapon I really don't see why he wouldn't just heal up back to normal after Asa is done using him to kill imposter Chainsaw Man.

He'll be pissed about it sure, but he's survived way worse things.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Yeah I bet she’ll start to like him, Yuro switches in to rip off an arm, Denji goes full “oh poo poo you’re a devil vroom vroom” and then they realize the imposter has to be dealt with or something

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Also, for those not reading the anime thread, have some rank-nasty gifs of Himeno being a mother bird from the latest episode;
]

Animation is gorgeous.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i preferred part 1 but part 2 is also pretty good

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I hope her and Denji have a nice time

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Denji has such wonderful luck and or taste in women, I'm sure it's gonna be fine.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Are we headed in a lollipop chainsaw direction?

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

This might be a relevant historical fact to consider when reading Pt. 2:

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
I hope she specifically starts to like him after meeting his dogs and Nayuta. That'll make a strong weapon!

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Imagine if Nayuta inherited Makima's sense of humor, and is just doing all she can to maximize the misunderstandings for her own amusement.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The thing about Chainsaw Man that's fun to me is how when it sets itself up to do something you as a reader know they're not gonna do because it's weekly jump and they won't do the thing- Fujimoto goes basically 2 steps closer than you expect to where even as a jaded reader/watcher you're like "wait what the gently caress, no way" before not doing it.

Himeno asking Denji if he wants to have sex will instantly set off your "nah, no loving way they're doing this. She's gonna like pass out on top of him or puke again or whatever" and she has taken his shirt off and is pulling his pants down by the time Fujimoto punches out of the bit

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Popo posted:

Also, for those not reading the anime thread, have some rank-nasty gifs of Himeno being a mother bird from the latest episode;
]

Animation is gorgeous.

Lol, I was worried they’d have to censor it but if anything that just makes it better.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
honestly some of these faces have made me want to switch avatars and uhh it's been a long time since I've had that feeling

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Fabricated posted:

The thing about Chainsaw Man that's fun to me is how when it sets itself up to do something you as a reader know they're not gonna do because it's weekly jump and they won't do the thing- Fujimoto goes basically 2 steps closer than you expect to where even as a jaded reader/watcher you're like "wait what the gently caress, no way" before not doing it.

Himeno asking Denji if he wants to have sex will instantly set off your "nah, no loving way they're doing this. She's gonna like pass out on top of him or puke again or whatever" and she has taken his shirt off and is pulling his pants down by the time Fujimoto punches out of the bit

And it sometimes, just sometimes, does the thing.

Like Aki getting the vision that he and Power will die. You know Shonen, you know there'll be a loophole, you know the most popular characters in the manga won't go out like that... and then there you go.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I am assume the club president is the second "chainsaw man." It would make sense for him to kill Yuko. Also, I am surprise at this point that Denji does not have any trust issues when it comes to romantic relationships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

War Devil might be weak as poo poo now but she's still got her ultimate power: the beguiling "necessary evil" speech