Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

i wanna say they offered a bluray drive on one of the old cheese grater mac pros but i'm not 100% sure

at one point adobe had their blu-ray authoring software (encore?) on macs, though i think it's been long discontinued on every platform at this point

vlc and kodi can play blu-ray discs, but iirc, some configuration is required (read: dig up the decryption keys yourself)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
yeah there's a couple options for playback assuming it's already decrypted. i know quicktime used to be capable of it even, but idk how decryption would work out of the box (probably not at all)

there's also powerdvd or whatever its called these days, so it's not like there aren't any options at all

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

there's also powerdvd or whatever its called these days, so it's not like there aren't any options at all

holy cow powerdvd still exists!? i think the last time i saw that in use anywhere was roughly the turn of the century

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my phone got iOS update and it’s weird

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
android mode on the clock font lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Smythe posted:

you can change it slightly but it still looks bad. you have to delete the whole old lockscreen entirely first (or just make a new one)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

and yeah you can have multiple lock screens now. lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

you can change it slightly but it still looks bad. you have to delete the whole old lockscreen entirely first (or just make a new one)

I haven’t changed a single default and never will thnx

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
please tell me you at least changed the home/lock screen wallpaper to be a photo of your partner or pet??

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Smythe posted:

Beeftweeter posted:

and yeah you can have multiple lock screens now. lol

its so loving bad.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
why are iMessage notifications at the bottom of the screen now

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

DELETE CASCADE posted:

please tell me you at least changed the home/lock screen wallpaper to be a photo of your partner or pet??

No

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Smythe posted:

why are iMessage notifications at the bottom of the screen now

to make room for the big, thick, juicy clock

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

to make room for the big, thick, juicy clock

it’s big for sure

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DELETE CASCADE posted:

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

ur partner needs to chill with the makeup bro

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

git apologist posted:

ur partner needs to chill with the makeup bro

skinny bitches do what skinny bitches do

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah there's a couple options for playback assuming it's already decrypted. i know quicktime used to be capable of it even, but idk how decryption would work out of the box (probably not at all)
fresh out of the box, I was able to watch the .m2ts files in QuickTime Player for a Blu-ray that was in mpeg 2/ac3 format. but that was an indie release so they probably didn't put too much protection on it.

for a proper commercial release, yeah, no dice.

beat $free solution is VLC and MakeMKV, since the latter can share its decryption service with the former.

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 20, 2022

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

you need to get HEIF Image Extensions (which is free) from the MS store, then you need to pay $0.99 to open HEVC.

You need to pay for HEVC only if you have a poo poo GPU that doesn't have hardware acceleration.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

SlowBloke posted:

You need to pay for HEVC only if you have a poo poo GPU that doesn't have hardware acceleration.

ah, that would explain it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Chris Knight posted:

fresh out of the box, I was able to watch the .m2ts files in QuickTime Player for a Blu-ray that was in mpeg 2/ac3 format. but that was an indie release so they probably didn't put too much protection on it.

for a proper commercial release, yeah, no dice.

beat $free solution is VLC and MakeMKV, since the latter can share its decryption service with the former.

yeah i doubt something like that would use aacs

but poo poo thats pretty cool. i know you can integrate libaacs with ffmpeg too so if you wanna rip it to mp4 thats a pretty convenient solution. subler (i linked it a page ago i think) will also decode DTS/DCA and convert from mkv to mp4 while giving it the proper itunes store tags

e: lol it was like 6 pages back. subler: https://subler.org/

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i have fixed lte on my bigwatch. the problem was that i held it wrong. when i tried testing whether if mobile data works on the watch, my protocol was

phone - disable wifi, bluetooth, mobile data, and then turn airplane mode on
watch - disable wifi

turns out what happens is that watch still connects to the phone, and tries to use phone’s data link exclusively, which obviously doesn’t work. the second i just turned my phone off, lte came through loud and clear

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
it just works

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

oh shut up

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i have fixed lte on my bigwatch. the problem was that i held it wrong. when i tried testing whether if mobile data works on the watch, my protocol was

phone - disable wifi, bluetooth, mobile data, and then turn airplane mode on
watch - disable wifi

turns out what happens is that watch still connects to the phone, and tries to use phone’s data link exclusively, which obviously doesn’t work. the second i just turned my phone off, lte came through loud and clear

dont hold it that way.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Beeftweeter posted:

dont hold it that way.

to make up for my sins, ill call the carrier customer support tomorrow to let them know that they should tell others to turn their phone off for good if they’re troubleshooting this. that said, i do wonder what’s the correct way to temporarily untether the watch from a phone

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

to make up for my sins, ill call the carrier customer support tomorrow to let them know that they should tell others to turn their phone off for good if they’re troubleshooting this. that said, i do wonder what’s the correct way to temporarily untether the watch from a phone

leave one at home and go out? lol

or just turn off wifi and bluetooth i guess. the latter might not be necessary but i think it uses it sometimes

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Beeftweeter posted:

leave one at home and go out? lol

or just turn off wifi and bluetooth i guess. the latter might not be necessary but i think it uses it sometimes

you may want to actually read my post

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

you may want to actually read my post

i did. that's how i'd test it too but otherwise i think it still applies :confused:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Beeftweeter posted:

i did. that's how i'd test it too but otherwise i think it still applies :confused:

not sure how turning wifi and bluetooth off would help solve the problem of watch connecting to a phone that has its bluetooth and wifi turned off

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

not sure how turning wifi and bluetooth off would help solve the problem of watch connecting to a phone that has its bluetooth and wifi turned off

oh you meant the previous post. i meant disabling them on the watch, but i still don't see how it would still connect to it. AWDL uses wifi or bluetooth, if you disabled both on either device and it still tries to connect that's a bug

e: i guess its possible they implemented a link over UWB now too since it's pretty much just ipv6 but i don't have any devices that are capable of it

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 20, 2022

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Beeftweeter posted:

oh you meant the previous post. i meant disabling them on the watch, but i still don't see how it would still connect to it. AWDL uses wifi or bluetooth, if you disabled both on either device and it still tries to connect that's a bug

e: i guess its possible they implemented a link over UWB now too since it's pretty much just ipv6 but i don't have any devices that are capable of it

oh, that does actually work. the generic wireless icon in the control centre on it does only turn off wifi apparently, and for bluetooth you have to go apps>settings>etc to disable it. however, if bluetooth is enabled on the watch, it's going to connect to the phone if it's powered on, regardless of what you do on the phone, it seems. all the troubleshooting steps, which i assume came to my carrier from apple directly, only instructed me to disable connectivity on the phone

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

oh, that does actually work. the generic wireless icon in the control centre on it does only turn off wifi apparently, and for bluetooth you have to go apps>settings>etc to disable it. however, if bluetooth is enabled on the watch, it's going to connect to the phone if it's powered on, regardless of what you do on the phone, it seems. all the troubleshooting steps, which i assume came to my carrier from apple directly, only instructed me to disable connectivity on the phone

yeah, it's lovely that there's no toggle for it in the little mini control center on the watch but afaik that's because awdl uses bluetooth for most of the functionality that's controllable through watch.app. i think it uses wifi for the data link though but it's been almost half a decade since i've seen any documentation on it

still, sounds like you found another bug lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

There are a handful of complaints from customers who are running into complications with iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro models. Videos recorded on an iPhone and then synced with ‌iCloud‌ for Windows are turning black with scan lines, rendering the videos unwatchable.

More worryingly, some users are seeing strange photos and videos that do not belong to them appearing in their libraries when they attempt to watch these corrupted videos.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
those are ghosts

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

those are ghosts

congrats everyone. Apple produced such good cameras that we finally have proof of the afterlife

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

all cloud storage services being haunted would explain a lot.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

steve is risen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Solid Steve Society