Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Pile Of Garbage posted:

i still can't work out how to delete a file that has been shared in a teams chat. like you can delete the message it was attached to but the file is still there in the convo under the files tab

edit: oh ok so deleting the message does delete the file it just took like a day to happen

that’s the magic of sharepoint infrastructure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its so bad. if you have a file that you send to someone on teams and then later want to send another version of that file, it asks you if you want to overwrite or rename the file. its so loving stupid

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
there can only be one report.xls

burning swine
May 26, 2004

you can finally click a result after searching and see that message in context instead of a vacuum

so now when I search for "super critical data" and get a message saying: "Ok, the super critical data follows:"

I can click it and then see the next one

for nearly 5 years there was no way to do this

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

burning swine posted:

you can finally click a result after searching and see that message in context instead of a vacuum

so now when I search for "super critical data" and get a message saying: "Ok, the super critical data follows:"

fuckin hell we have a spy in the thread

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

burning swine posted:

Yeah I saw that they fixed this the other day and was "loving finally"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/leobeletsky/status/1593723686657306624

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Crossposting this. I haven't tested to see if this actually works this way but I want to believe.

mystes
May 31, 2006

El Mero Mero posted:

Crossposting this. I haven't tested to see if this actually works this way but I want to believe.
Lmao if this actually works

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

any way to get rid of this loving thing?

pops up every time i start remote desktop, and i always say no

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Carthag Tuek posted:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Carthag Tuek posted:

'not now' ≠ 'no'

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

The_Franz posted:

'not now' ≠ 'no'

:tizzy:

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
It needs to be a law that any cutesy popup like that must have a "absolutely gently caress-off forever" option

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

jammyozzy posted:

It needs to be a law that any cutesy popup like that must have a "absolutely gently caress-off forever" option

How was the call quality?

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Carthag Tuek posted:

why are you using the remote desktop UWP app you can just use mstsc

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Pile Of Garbage posted:

why are you using the remote desktop UWP app you can just use mstsc

i dont think either of those run on macos

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

ah well lol

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

there's probably some plist file somewhere you can manually hack to make it think you've given it a rating

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

~Coxy posted:

How was the call quality?

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

you can turn that off :)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Kazinsal posted:

there's probably some plist file somewhere you can manually hack to make it think you've given it a rating

there is but it opts you into analytics

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

you can turn that off :)

how!

everything on google is a uservoice from 2018 CLOSED WONTFIX

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

~Coxy posted:

how!

everything on google is a uservoice from 2018 CLOSED WONTFIX
settings > privacy > surveys

burning swine
May 26, 2004

I'm still clinging to win10 but from what I see O&O Shutup 10 can still shut a lot of this stuff off easily in 10/11

https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

Their website kinda recalls a lovely era of garbage antispy tools and I don't love it, but the app itself is literally just a long string of on/off switches that all to what they say. ymmv but I like it

burning swine
May 26, 2004

El Mero Mero posted:

just tested it on my boss
it works

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

burning swine posted:

I'm still clinging to win10 but from what I see O&O Shutup 10 can still shut a lot of this stuff off easily in 10/11

https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

Their website kinda recalls a lovely era of garbage antispy tools and I don't love it, but the app itself is literally just a long string of on/off switches that all to what they say. ymmv but I like it

theres a bunch of registry files you can find across the web that do pretty much the same thing but idk if that's a great idea either. i guess at least with the reg files you can see what it does beforehand but its still kinda sketchy since a lot of it isn't obvious

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Does this utility do anything you can't in gpedit?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Does this utility do anything you can't in gpedit?

i haven't downloaded it but from the video ad thing theres probably a few things that you can't do with group policy on a consumer version, like disabling some of the testing analytics. ltsb etc and education edition have at least some disabled by default i think

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

settings > privacy > surveys

I meant the screen that appears when you terminate a call; I do have surveys turned off and still get the former

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

~Coxy posted:

I meant the screen that appears when you terminate a call; I do have surveys turned off and still get the former

oddly using adguard pro on ios i don't see that anymore. you can try using their dns (its free), but thats a bit of a blunt instrument

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

burning swine posted:

it works

lmao

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

burning swine posted:

it works

lol

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Something changed in Excel over the weekend that broke dragging the horizontal scroll bar until I un-hid every hidden column in a worksheet :psyduck:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i installed the latest cumulative update for win11 22h2 on my work laptop and now the task manager app is all hosed up. it's in night mode but also the text is black so you can't read anything. good poo poo A+

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

same issue after installing the update on my PC at home. this is what taskmgr looks like now:

i love how critical OS features that were previously bullet-proof are now susceptible to the same issues that you'd expect to see on lovely asset-swap unity engine game

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
in the guy who persevered with win me and vista but i rolled back to 10 and am *~living my best life~*

may corrolate more with my age and reduced patience for technology than with the comparative strengths of those operating systems, though

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i quit caring about which versions of windows were the good ones, at the end of the day they’re all still windows

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I don't know which version runs on my work machine

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
type winver on the command line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU