Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
https://twitter.com/gergelyorosz/status/1595684664228052992?s=46&t=hKh3Mnur9WWlqlCMM9iouw

Incredible. Those that were impacted got four weeks severance as thanks for clicking yes and turning down the three month deference offer.

Elon loving sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
Love how we're so far into Twitter's demise and you idiots all keep embedding tweets instead of copy + pasting.

Turns out we're all the boomers who don't understand tech.

Waffleimages 2.0 here we go.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

This could be livejournal's big moment.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

putin is a oval office posted:

Love how we're so far into Twitter's demise and you idiots all keep embedding tweets instead of copy + pasting.

Ah, but seeing them all go away is going to be fricking amazing when it happens (if it happens (please happen soon))

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

My daddy didn’t learn no new skills and neither will I!

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Just gotta wait for the leak.

No seriously it would be cool to uh render tweets into images that the forum would save but uh it’s hard to find a genuine masochist.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

It's easy. Whenever a service stops working Lord Elon just tweets that actually he decided to turn $THING off.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1595684143429550080

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Fifteen of Many posted:

https://twitter.com/gergelyorosz/status/1595684664228052992?s=46&t=hKh3Mnur9WWlqlCMM9iouw

Incredible. Those that were impacted got four weeks severance as thanks for clicking yes and turning down the three month deference offer.

Elon loving sucks.
It does suck, but at the same time how fucken dumb do you have to be to turn down 3 months severance to bet on Musk not doing exactly what he has been doing for the past 3 weeks - i.e. firing people on a whim?

What did these people think was going to happen, that he'd feel some sort of human emotion that they clicked the "yes" box in his email, and value them more? That it would mean they'd made it through to the other side of the carnage and lived to tell the tale?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
what a piece of poo poo person
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1595589549924970496

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

A lot of them are in the US on the kind of visa that requires them to get a new, similar job in 60 days or they have to leave the country :(.

I'd say they have all been desperately job-hunting for the last month.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, Dad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yFTOvO0utY

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Foreigners getting better performance?! :argh: Clearly he doesn't believe in AMERICA FIRST!

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I’ve seen at least one post from an effected person that confirmed they were on a visa. I assume a lot of them are in the same boat if they stuck around after the last month, and now their lives are getting scrambled right at the start of the holidays. The tweet I saw said he had 60 days to find new employment before he was in violation. Really sucks.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
100% guaranteed they've done gently caress all to improve anything and he's just hoping for a bit of confirmation bias from his most loyal stans

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Durzel posted:

What did these people think was going to happen

well a lot of them thought that if they took the severance they would get deported. It would be very interesting to know what % of Twitter eng is H1B holders, now vs August 2022.

https://twitter.com/GergelyOrosz/status/1595749732923707392

edit: lol that Orosz feels any need whatsoever to celebrate Muskrat's "wealth accumulation". What the gently caress. No that's not a good thing.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Nov 24, 2022

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

toiletbrush posted:

100% guaranteed they've done gently caress all to improve anything and he's just hoping for a bit of confirmation bias from his most loyal stans
He's finally figured out which Michael services to turn off in the APAC server without losing things like 2fa. Next step, tightening up the back end on level 3.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/mmasnick/status/1595687229774385152
I dunno Elon, I feel using a confidential reporting system is probably a better idea to fight this than hunting out random public comments among thousands of sycophants and cryptoscams.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Steadiman posted:

I dunno Elon, I feel using a confidential reporting system is probably a better idea to fight this than hunting out random public comments among thousands of sycophants and cryptoscams.

He wants people to send him accounts of trans people so he can delete them fyi

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

Musk has no guiding principles of his own, the only value left is dollar value and he do whatever it takes to keep it humming along. Even buying Twitter.

I think it's important to note that this the opposite of true.

Buying twitter was not a dollar-value decision.

It was exactly about imposing his principles on the world. Specifically, letting people be mean to the Trans community, and letting Trump take power by lying about the election.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Steadiman posted:

It's all right wing code words for trans people friendo. It's not about actual child exploitation.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah, ok, but when you took the job you did know that at any moment a bored idiot billionaire could come around and buy your company and run it into the ground as a vanity project and you would lose that job again. I would say that one is on you, buddy

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

GABA ghoul posted:

Yeah, ok, but when you took the job you did know that at any moment a bored idiot billionaire could come around and buy your company and run it into the ground as a vanity project and you would lose that job again. I would say that one is on you, buddy

Guy really should of brought a bored idiot billionaire insurance policy.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

"Who's yelling :q! at my office? I'll never exit vi!" - Elon Musk, probably

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

B-Rock452 posted:

He wants people to send him accounts of trans people so he can delete them fyi

Nitrousoxide posted:

It's all right wing code words for trans people friendo. It's not about actual child exploitation.
I hate Elon Musk, and all his simps, so much. And I hate that I have to hate people :(

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

tuo posted:

"Who's yelling :q! at my office? I'll never exit vi!" - Elon Musk, probably

rm -rf employees 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Lol @ Elon repeating the same mistakes moot made when forming 4chan

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Fifteen of Many posted:

Elon loving sucks.

This guy is actually worse than Ebenezer Scrooge, loving christ.

Even he didn't fire Cratchet before a holiday.

What the gently caress passes or fails the Code Review? How many lines you wrote that day? If you put an Epic Meme in it? This loving moron shouldn't be reviewing a loving instruction manual for Ikea, let alone computer code.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Cabbages and Kings posted:

well a lot of them thought that if they took the severance they would get deported. It would be very interesting to know what % of Twitter eng is H1B holders, now vs August 2022.

https://twitter.com/GergelyOrosz/status/1595749732923707392

edit: lol that Orosz feels any need whatsoever to celebrate Muskrat's "wealth accumulation". What the gently caress. No that's not a good thing.

A visionary in what? Harassment? Sweatshop strategies?

What brilliant thing has this loving idiot ever invented or created?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

A large corporation should be putting people on performance improvement plans if they produce unsatisifactory work in order to establish a paper trail of them failing to live up to their positions' expections before firing them (or maybe they actually do improve and they keep the job).

Just firing people after one bad code review (unless it's like **REALLY** terrible, and even then I'd think it'd have to be something like pushing really obviously broken code to production, not just submitting subpar stuff to a code review) could open you up to wrongful termination lawsuits if the employee can argue that you fired them for a prohibited reason federally or in their jurisidiction.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

lol talking about worker's rights against billionaires in the You Ess Ayy

lolol

javi
Jun 5, 2004

Silly yes ... Idiotic ... yes.!

Fifteen of Many posted:

Elon loving sucks.

How long til they realize they fired critical people and try to bring them back?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

javi posted:

How long til they realize they fired critical people and try to bring them back?

This literally happened week 1 of the musk tenure

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

javi posted:

That happened once already

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

GABA ghoul posted:

The dev in the screencap is on a Visa so I find it hard to hold it against him for sticking around for 2.0

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I'm pretty sure the guy in the H1B Visa post was on Musk's "proud" picture of the remaining Twitter engineers at 1am on Sunday

Which is just...gently caress you

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I'm so glad we never privatized critical civilian infrastructure. Like, imagine a bored billionaire buys your local water treatment plant, fires all employees and turns it into a Nazi night club and you would have to drink raw sewage and die of cholera from now on. Hooo boy am I glad this can never happen

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Instead they only get what, 1 month, less? with ultimately the same outcome.

I'm probably being a bit too remote from it really because if I were on a rolling 60 day "either you work or you're deported" thing then I probably would think differently and would feel like I had to gamble on Musk not being a dick at least within a reasonable timeframe for me to find somewhere else to work. Little did they know that Musk "moves fast, break things", including people.

Man US worker protections just suck, and the H1B visa thing sounds particularly grotesque. 4 years of accumulated tax contributions and you're still no more worth to the country than the day you landed.

Durzel fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 24, 2022

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

GABA ghoul posted:

This is true of many if not most private sector jobs in the us, are you anti labor? Serious question.

Oh no, I shouldn't take this H1B visa and objectively improve my life and make money for family back home because what if the company gets bought out and I get fired???! Like for real what are you trying to say here?

Edit: I have spent my entire career knowing that capitalist whims could evaporate my job and in fact this has happened once in the very direct way, and once in the "we will make this place toxic until you quit" way. And yet I still work for.... another company that could get bought out or fire me any time. This isn't ideal but afaict my alternative is unemployment now vs maybe later. The longer I stay employed, the more unemployment we could weather without going under. So sure I am a pro labor DSA voter in the sheets but I have to be a pragmatic wage drone in the streets, or, live on them.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Nov 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

TulliusCicero posted:

I'm pretty sure the guy in the H1B Visa post was on Musk's "proud" picture of the remaining Twitter engineers at 1am on Sunday

Which is just...gently caress you

Props are disposable is the thinking I assume