Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Pokémon x/y imo is the best ones I’ve played. all the new features like GTS were super novel and wonder trade was pure anarchy

my favorite remain the silver/gold remakes but those also hit when I was in college and literally everyone had their poke walkers on them for like three straight months lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
which system is x/y on? i had a lot of fun with pokemon blue back in the day. might be cool to try a new one.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

President Beep posted:

which system is x/y on? i had a lot of fun with pokemon blue back in the day. might be cool to try a new one.

3ds iirc

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

i was chatting with my friends and they all really hated x/y but they all have pokemon meta brain so i didnt get it

i liked sword shields story but every fight felt like an eternal slog of paralysis and healing

status effect poo poo really annoys, regardless of genre or game

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

for me, i like exploring in pokemon the most. arceus looked like a pass to me, but i have trouble getting motivated into a new pokemon as well, because then i end up losing 100 hours of my life in a blink of an eye once i do

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

quiggy posted:

3ds iirc

crumbs. don’t have that one.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

im going to kill pikachu

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

pikachu exists in rimworld

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

im going to kill pikachu

omg, you need to eat a ban you sick poo poo.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ok, what’s the best pokemon on switch?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

quiggy posted:

my favorite remain the silver/gold remakes but those also hit when I was in college and literally everyone had their poke walkers on them for like three straight months lol

heartgold/soulsilver are incredible. Nintendo/gamefreak do a really good job with their generational remakes. I’ve heard the remakes of diamond/pearl are also very very good

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

President Beep posted:

scarlet/violet

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

scarlet/violet

beep's two favourite colours!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

President Beep posted:

pikachu

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

scarlet/violet

why? sell it to me.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

this is shark tank and I’m mr. moneybags or w/e.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

President Beep posted:

why? sell it to me.

dioxazine posted:

beep's two favourite colours!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ere goiung to kill them

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

pikachu run!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I don't remember what it is called but the BOTW like pokemon game was incredibly fun when I played it at a friends house.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

woah, if it’s like botw then I’m definitely interested.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i think that's arceus?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

dioxazine posted:

i think that's arceus?

s/v took the best parts of arceus and let’s go and based on the Pokémon thread, is on the same engine as BOTW or something along those lines

I don’t actually own a switch to be able to bat for the new games though

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

heartgold/soulsilver are incredible. Nintendo/gamefreak do a really good job with their generational remakes. I’ve heard the remakes of diamond/pearl are also very very good

bdsp felt too by the numbers for me, especially compared to oras which added some great stuff after the e4. it’s not bad, I just wish they’d done more

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Herman Cain is smiling on you guys from heaven.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

President Beep posted:

status effect poo poo really annoys, regardless of genre or game

pokemons status effects are always super annoying because most of them are rng about how bad they'll affect you. tbh the only single player jrpg I've ever legit enjoyed status effects in is dragon quest xi

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

(they're also fine in something like ffxiv but they play a very different role there)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

quiggy posted:

most of them are rng about how bad they'll affect you.

fail.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

dsyp

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

gah!!

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad

The Fool posted:

I really like the sn30 from 8bitdo but it doesn't do motion stuff

e: this guy https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-Bluet...la-872129387745

Late to the party but yeah these controllers kick rear end for switch, pc, phones, whatever. Think I've got three now just because they are so quick to sync to wherever I want to play real quick and have a solid battery in them.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I have never owned a Pokemon game.

I'm not saying that in a dismissive way. I think Pokemon are cute and I do know a surprising bit about the whole universe. But I have never owned one of the games. I think it's because I have also never owned a video game console (parents wouldn't buy us a machine that was only made for playing games)

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

I have never owned a Pokemon game.

I'm not saying that in a dismissive way. I think Pokemon are cute and I do know a surprising bit about the whole universe. But I have never owned one of the games. I think it's because I have also never owned a video game console (parents wouldn't buy us a machine that was only made for playing games)

lol same. pokemon was what my little brother and his nerd rear end friends played. im a lore aficionado.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

tbh if you have no nostalgia for the series just play something like smt or persona instead. s/v are really fun but they're clearly aimed at literal children, p much the only challenge in them is that it's easy to fight someone and realize they're 20 levels above you lol

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

a pokemon MMO would have been huge, but i understand financially why they didn't

on the other hand, a goon gym would be the worst thing ever

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

quiggy posted:

tbh if you have no nostalgia for the series just play something like smt or persona instead. s/v are really fun but they're clearly aimed at literal children, p much the only challenge in them is that it's easy to fight someone and realize they're 20 levels above you lol

theyre fun games OP

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

my favorite part of the newer game is when I conspired with members of the intelligence community to kill pikachu as he and his wife drove through dealey plaza in a 1961 lincoln continental four

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

theyre fun games OP

oh agreed I just doubt goons sans nostalgia would like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

s/v seems chock-full of goofy bugs