Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Ya, in your adolescence you just lay around and play ur.
truly, art imitates life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

even in flight sims come to think of it. in the gun era, some fighters had 6+ small machine guns with lots of ammo and you'd pepper the other guy with bullets until his plane was shredded. other planes had just a couple of heavy cannons, each with just a few dozen rounds, but it only took one hit from the explosive shell to rip off a wing. guess which ones i like to fly

play some space sims too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLmVvEpTy3A

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Starwars squadrons is free on epic at the moment! Idk if it's fun but there's some nostalgia value at least

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTwU-Oe1q_k

lol. I played a few rounds online and there were surprisingly few anime schoolgirl custom characters

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm really thinking about starting a colony full of animal tamers and no fighters

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

distortion park posted:

Starwars squadrons is free on epic at the moment! Idk if it's fun but there's some nostalgia value at least

Its also on game pass

It's not bad for what is is, simple arcade dogfighting in some fairly good looking set pieces.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I got some new colonists + some animals now if anyone still wants in. If not the donkeys are going to be named "fart" and "simpson".

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

distortion park posted:

Its pretty bad

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

oops piss I just bought a key for the first remastered DESTROY ALL HUMANS game, when the store page for my purchases came up I had bought the same key from the same store in 2020 and never registered in with my Steam account. Anyone wants this spare, PM me.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I got some new colonists + some animals now if anyone still wants in. If not the donkeys are going to be named "fart" and "simpson".

Ill throw my sandwiches into the mix

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
been trying the rimworld naked brutality start, standard version not with extra difficulty by setting it to a tribal start that doesnt have electricicy and other techs already unlocked

starting in tropical rainforest really makes the plants skill a high priority, for chopping wood to build anything and ability to plant healroot for a steady supply of herbal medicine

made a few mistakes with my first start of this scenario and my colonist bled out due to a few back-to-back attacks thanks to randy random, have been doing a lot better this time around

until a dry thunderstorm started to burn down the whole map, huge fingers crossed that some rain will come before that reaches the base im in the middle of resituating

edit: some rain came just as i finished a concrete firebreak, phew

Lysidas fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 28, 2022

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

fires in the rainforest are pretty amazing

everyone, including myself, learns the hard way about that. still, it's a really fun experience

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
yeah, and its amazing how quickly the burned parts of the map regrow to the previous plant cover with this biome

in my previous (not done, just wanted to experiment with a new one) colony with the single-colonist higher tech start, i also went to tropical rainforest, and it was nice to be able to grow devilstrand year round, enough to keep all four people completely outfitted in devilstrand clothing -- a devilstrand duster is extremely effective for heat insulation

will definitely do the same here quite soon

edit: oops, need to research devilstrand first

Lysidas fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 28, 2022

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
i dipped from this thread over a month ago and you reprobates are still talking about rimworld

well at least it isn't a mobile "game" or an mmo i guess. carry on.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i was talkin' about darktide a page ago :shobon:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

we also had PokéChat :D

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug

Sapozhnik posted:

i dipped from this thread over a month ago and you reprobates are still talking about rimworld

rimworld is eternal

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

isnt rimworld the game that had ~realistic statistics~ about the rates of bisexuality in men vs women. is it still being made by weirdos

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

yes

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

neat

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

quiggy posted:

isnt rimworld the game that had ~realistic statistics~ about the rates of bisexuality in men vs women. is it still being made by weirdos

it’s a game about rimming

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

entire worlds

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

and here ive only rimmed sky

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i remember rimming the pacific

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

hm, true

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

in conclusion rimming is a land of contrasts,

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

quiggy posted:

iirc the dev in question recanted on that as ill-informed a while back, for whatever the hell that's worth

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

quiggy posted:

the way that it worked was, male characters could only be gay or straight, never bi, and *all* female characters were bi regardless of what sexuality traits they had

when he was called out on this, the developer cited his vast personal experience and like, an okcupid poll or some poo poo. the thread in games changed its title to "rimworld: no man's bi"

anyway, to his credit, he fixed it in the very next version of the game. i'm certain he didn't change his mind but he at least changed the game

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Foo Diddley posted:

"rimworld: no man's bi"

lmao

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

nuclear blaze is good

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.
ghost song is disappointing

great music and theme, but the gameplay is extremely bland so far. at least it was on gamepass

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i started pentiment yesterday and it's v good

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

dregan posted:

ghost song is disappointing

wrong

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Foo Diddley posted:

the way that it worked was, male characters could only be gay or straight, never bi, and *all* female characters were bi regardless of what sexuality traits they had

when he was called out on this, the developer cited his vast personal experience and like, an okcupid poll or some poo poo. the thread in games changed its title to "rimworld: no man's bi"

anyway, to his credit, he fixed it in the very next version of the game. i'm certain he didn't change his mind but he at least changed the game

lmfao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Ill throw my sandwiches into the mix

Welcome! You are an impid which is a race of devils who live in the desert, and can breath fire.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

give us back our stew, stew hoarder

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sapozhnik posted:

well at least it isn't a mobile "game" or an mmo i guess. carry on.

this is the rimworld thread OP