Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

where I came up with a hacky joke structure.

The general idea is that you tell a really lame Vaudeville era personal attack joke at someone 3 times in a row and then you deliver the killer blow:

"And you can have that one!".

The general idea of the joke is that:

1. You tell them the same joke 3 times in a row (Rule of Threes).

2. It's a bad joke. (irony)

(3). You tell them that "they can have that one". ( This is a very bad joke that I wrote or stole and I just owned you with it. You can have it because I'm done with it.)

Is this a joke structure that exists? I realize that it's hack and stupid. I can't remember the 3x joke that was the example from my dream. I just want to know if the general idea of the joke exists in any media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
And that joke, is you're posting. You can have that one :grin:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This is a good joke, in your dreams!

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

super sweet best pal posted:

This is a good joke, in your dreams!

It's the most coherent thing that I've ever had come out of my dreams.

I have all sorts of dreams where when I wake up, they're total nonsense when I wake up, if I even actually remember them.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I dreamt that i got chlamydia and woke up all sweaty and with chlamydia

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Icochet posted:

Better call the Dream Warriors.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Fart.
Fart.
Fart.

You can have that one.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Icochet posted:

And you can have that one!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Edmund Sparkler posted:

It's the most coherent thing that I've ever had come out of my dreams.

I have all sorts of dreams where when I wake up, they're total nonsense when I wake up, if I even actually remember them.

I've woken up slightly, and I'm aware that I'm between being fully awake and still in the nonsensical dream. During these moments, I logically know that my dream won't make sense once I open my eyes, but it makes perfect sense while they're still closed. And every time, I think 'maybe this time will be different', and every time, I'm wrong.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I had a dream I was eating a pillow and when I woke up my giant marshmallow was gone

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I had a fun Creepshow-style dream and a follow up dream where I described it to someone to parse out the missing pieces.

It was about a cheating husband killing his wife and keeping the skin on her face because she had been beautiful. Only the skin was alive and ended up killing him and taking the rest of his skin so it could take revenge on his affair partners.

Possibly inspired by me watching Hellraiserer again a few days ago.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I once dreamt a commercial for a product called "Tombo". Is was shot in a style I can only really describe as "late 70s glam", was set in a dark, fancy restraraunt with the greased lens making all the candles create halos and lens flare. The POV followed a white gloved waiter carry a covered silver tray to a table with a golden retriever and reveal a succulent roast chicken. A voice over began: "New Tombo - it's human food, for your dog"

I woke up excited convinced that this would make me rich, until I realised in the shower than people can just give their dogs cooked chicken if they want at any time.

However, to this day my ex and I still text each other pitches for Tombo products and their commercialslike: Tombo lite, Tombo GO!, Tombo: Tastes of Asia, Tombo: Tastes of Mexico, Tombo: Tastes of Italy, Tombo MAX!, My First Tombo and Tombo Her.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI1RLVEywRk

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Tombo! was a PS1 classic, for sure

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Brother Tadger posted:

Tombo! was a PS1 classic, for sure

Wasn't that pork-based, tho?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Jerk store.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tombo sounds like a tomb service for today's busy gen x/millenial crowd. Forget boring old masonry and marble, it's Tombo (TM)

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

that was literally martin luther king jr's famous speech, op. that's exactly what he said to the crowd.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Colonel Cancer posted:

Tombo sounds like a tomb service for today's busy gen x/millenial crowd. Forget boring old masonry and marble, it's Tombo (TM)

No. Because it's pronounced Tom-BOH and is clearly human food for dogs, not whatever nonsense this is.

BRICKFACE
Apr 20, 2002

I BITE
can you write an example because I don't understand

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Disco Pope posted:

No. Because it's pronounced Tom-BOH and is clearly human food for dogs, not whatever nonsense this is.

Tomb-o Eco can be a nice tie in, making humans food for dogs :doggo:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Das Boo posted:

I had a fun Creepshow-style dream and a follow up dream where I described it to someone to parse out the missing pieces.

It was about a cheating husband killing his wife and keeping the skin on her face because she had been beautiful. Only the skin was alive and ended up killing him and taking the rest of his skin so it could take revenge on his affair partners.

:lol: And you can have that one! :lol:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Thats weird, OP. I had the exact same dream

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I had a dream last night where I was watching a real strange Simpsons episode.

Somehow Marge ended up becoming paraplegic, and shortly afterwards, Homer ended up meeting a lady in town and they ended up becoming friends. He even brought this lady for dinner at his house to meet his family.

Because Marge was so depressed about her whole situation, she thought that Homer was cheating on her with this lady, so she kinda started to actually encourage Homer to spend more time with this girl instead of her.

After Homer and Lady come back from one of their actual friend date, he finds out that Marge had thrown herself off a cliff, but left a note to Homer telling him to be happy with his new girlfriend. Except that they were only platonical, and Homer ends up just depressed from the situation. The end.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Disco Pope posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKfEYvem3IM

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Space Kablooey posted:

I had a dream last night where I was watching a real strange Simpsons episode.

Somehow Marge ended up becoming paraplegic, and shortly afterwards, Homer ended up meeting a lady in town and they ended up becoming friends. He even brought this lady for dinner at his house to meet his family.

Because Marge was so depressed about her whole situation, she thought that Homer was cheating on her with this lady, so she kinda started to actually encourage Homer to spend more time with this girl instead of her.

After Homer and Lady come back from one of their actual friend date, he finds out that Marge had thrown herself off a cliff, but left a note to Homer telling him to be happy with his new girlfriend. Except that they were only platonical, and Homer ends up just depressed from the situation. The end.

A classic season 2 episode.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

I also thought of seinfeld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Qh5InEZ3U

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Maybe it doesn't have to be the same joke three times in a row. The only thing I remember at this point was being on a walkie talkie with Diddy and someone else at the same time. Diddy said some dumbass poo poo and the other dude was like, "You should be fired... out of a cannon... into the sun. And you can have that one!".

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i dreamt of removing viruses from a computer. they would show up in task manager and it was basically wack a mole with these viruses

when i woke up i formatted my usbs

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Take youre meds op.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Take youre meds op.

This is art.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I dreamt there was a crow-duck hybrid chilling out on a branch outside my kitchen window. I waved and they came up to the window so I opened it. She introduced herself as Gladys, I gave her some water and we had a nice chat just hanging out. Was quite disappointed to wake up, she was nice.
:unsmith:

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Another one I had was where people were describing "womansplaining' as "Clarissaing" as in "Clarissa Explains It All", which I thought was kind of clever for my subconscious mind, except for the small fact womansplaining isn't really a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Sentinel Red posted:

I dreamt there was a crow-duck hybrid chilling out on a branch outside my kitchen window. I waved and they came up to the window so I opened it. She introduced herself as Gladys, I gave her some water and we had a nice chat just hanging out. Was quite disappointed to wake up, she was nice.
:unsmith:

Gladys is real in our hearts