Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should we post a poll every year?
This poll is closed.
Yes 4 44.44%
Yes 5 55.56%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

Just looking at the standings for future playoff calculations, and drat, I didn't know the Dan Marino division had turned into the NFC South.
Christian Watson's back is going to be sore carrying me back into contention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Christian Watson's back is going to be sore carrying me back into contention.

I might have been able to grab him if I didn't need a QB this week!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Quiet Feet posted:

I might have been able to grab him if I didn't need a QB this week!
I was surprised I got him, but I was pretty high on the WW and I'm too lazy to look it up :v:

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Dan Marino division is the most competitive in the league and thus we are all nearly even.

Econdad couldn't take the heat and that's why he left the division. Of course a former Marino team would dominate one of the other, weaker divisions.

Hey now I left Montana. My specific weaknesses must be remembered properly.

I’m glad I’m losing this week. Need to get that out of the way before the playoffs — when heartbreak will come as well.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Extremely cool of all my players to wait until Week 11 to start scoring touchdowns

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ShakeZula posted:

Extremely cool of all my players to wait until Week 11 to start scoring touchdowns

I have to double check whether you were playing me, because I'm #5 in league scoring but about to drop to 5-6 because seemingly everyone just goes off on the week they play me.

Facing Pollard and Maher this week. A timeshare RB and kicker combining for over 60 points.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

pmchem posted:

I have to double check whether you were playing me, because I'm #5 in league scoring but about to drop to 5-6 because seemingly everyone just goes off on the week they play me.

Facing Pollard and Maher this week. A timeshare RB and kicker combining for over 60 points.

You love to see it. Maher is kicking out of his mind.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

ShakeZula posted:

I wouldn't want to face your team when it's having "a week", that is for sure.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

EconDad posted:

I wouldn't want to face your team when it's having "a week", that is for sure.

Yeah I felt pretty good after the draft. I'm pretty sure this is the league where I also drafted Christian Watson but had to drop him for a roster spot like two weeks before he broke out.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
I credit this win to Richard Rodgers, my 2014 good luck charm.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Back of the napkin math, three of y’all from Namath at 8-3 and above are most likely making the playoffs. Everything else is still too close to call.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

I will be quite pleased if that tie actually matters in the end.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I like how I won my game and now ESPN changed my projection from being 15th at the end of the year to 18th :allears: I'm runnin' the table and making the playoffs, bitch.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

That was probably it for my playoff hopes. Though Marino is such a mess this year who knows!

Not that it would have mattered but I'm angry because I was gonna drop Claypool to pick up Justin Watson and even though the 1:00 games hadn't started yet ESPN wouldn't let me. :mad:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

any playoff bound team want Deshaun Watson?

I need to make the playoffs, send me a trade offer with a usable flex

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

It's Taco Tuesday vs the Turkeytown Turduckens in the All Alliteration Mashed Potato Bowl! Can the Turduckens prevail, or will it be tacos for Turkey Day? This Thursday! Thursday! Thursday!

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

It's Taco Tuesday vs the Turkeytown Turduckens in the All Alliteration Mashed Potato Bowl! Can the Turduckens prevail, or will it be tacos for Turkey Day? This Thursday! Thursday! Thursday!

I’ll be watching. Biting my nails. Waiting to see who gets to wear the celebratory Marino helmet.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Silly Burrito posted:

Back of the napkin math, three of y’all from Namath at 8-3 and above are most likely making the playoffs. Everything else is still too close to call.

I think I'm in the playoffs unless both Inward Topwise/Naptown Sleepers win out and I lose out

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I am starting Sam Darnold because Stafford is out again, his backup Wolford is is not getting the start, Wolford's backup Bryce Perkins is already claimed, and no one else is available on the WW. Kiiiiill meeeeee....

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I have a Kyle Allen available!

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Quick grab Nathan Peterman. It’s your best chance.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Worthleast posted:

Quick grab Nathan Peterman. It’s your best chance.
I'll take Sam Darnold and like it.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I've rostered all three Carolina starters this season

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Last minute QB benching makes me a sad me.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Power of Pecota posted:

I think I'm in the playoffs unless both Inward Topwise/Naptown Sleepers win out and I lose out

so you're saying there's a chance...

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I'll take Sam Darnold and like it.

As it turns out you could've beat me without a QB as all my guys decided to poo poo the bed this week. Except the Sun God. Etienne's early injury was no fun.

Don't think I'm making the playoffs, folks. Maybe next year.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

I already brought that up pre-season. I don't really care that much since it is somewhat neutral from a winning the league perspective, but we had a vote on it and this is what was preferred.

yeah, it's mostly league neutral but I do agree with you that D/ST scoring in this league is very wonky compared to almost every other league I've been in. Example...

this week, my opponent had the Seahawks. Seattle lost in overtime, scored no D/ST TD's, and had 40 (!!) points put up against them while only getting 2 turnovers.

Seattle D/ST scored > 11 points.

I had the Falcons, who had one turnover, and only let their opponent score 19 points. ATL D/ST scored 4.3 points.

The reason for the difference was SEA getting more return yardage points (because their defense was so lovely, they got a bunch of kickoff returns), and because of some passes defensed points (because their defense was so lovely, the Raiders were able to attempt nearly 40 passes for nearly 300 yards... a few along the way got marked 'defensed').

D/ST scoring should not reward... being a bad defense, right? But in this case, it really did.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

pmchem posted:

yeah, it's mostly league neutral but I do agree with you that D/ST scoring in this league is very wonky compared to almost every other league I've been in. Example...

this week, my opponent had the Seahawks. Seattle lost in overtime, scored no D/ST TD's, and had 40 (!!) points put up against them while only getting 2 turnovers.

Seattle D/ST scored > 11 points.

I had the Falcons, who had one turnover, and only let their opponent score 19 points. ATL D/ST scored 4.3 points.

The reason for the difference was SEA getting more return yardage points (because their defense was so lovely, they got a bunch of kickoff returns), and because of some passes defensed points (because their defense was so lovely, the Raiders were able to attempt nearly 40 passes for nearly 300 yards... a few along the way got marked 'defensed').

D/ST scoring should not reward... being a bad defense, right? But in this case, it really did.

When I draft DST in this league I just think “which team is going to do misc stuff a lot?” And ignore keeping opponents to low scores. Although yeah… return yardage is extremely misc.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

If projections for this week hold, and if Lock Picks and I both finish next week with the same record, then our week 14 matchup will be for control of Dan Marino division! Fun!

If we both lose next week then Marino's division winner will have a .500 record. :laugh:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Quiet Feet posted:

If projections for this week hold, and if Lock Picks and I both finish next week with the same record, then our week 14 matchup will be for control of Dan Marino division! Fun!

If we both lose next week then Marino's division winner will have a .500 record. :laugh:
Are we the NFC South? I need you guys to lose out so I can get into the playoffs with my current 1% chance.

pmchem posted:

As it turns out you could've beat me without a QB as all my guys decided to poo poo the bed this week. Except the Sun God. Etienne's early injury was no fun.

Don't think I'm making the playoffs, folks. Maybe next year.
You never know. I'm going to run the table and go from last in the division to winning it all.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Literally hoping my punter can win this for me

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ShakeZula posted:

Literally hoping my punter can win this for me

We all knew this was gonna happen, rooting for a punter.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Silly Burrito posted:

We all knew this was gonna happen, rooting for a punter.

When every child’s dreams come true.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I don't fully understand the punter scoring admittedly, but it kind of sucks that two separate punts tonight have gotten him -.3 points

Edit: Haha, the famous punter stat corrections took me from a loss to a win after the game was over!

ShakeZula fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 29, 2022

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Welp, that gaffe will probably cost me the playoffs.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Looking into the schedule further, there's a real chance Marino has four 6-7 teams entering next week.

ChaosElmo.gif

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Montana: Congratulations to the Shelbyville Sharks on clinching the division!

Namath: Congratulations to Electric Blue for clinching the division! M. Night Shanahan and Baller Status clinch a playoff spot with a win (and play each other in week 14!)

Romo: Peppercorns clinch with a win.

Marino:

Two games left before the playoffs!

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Nov 29, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

Montana: Congratulations to the Shelbyville Sharks on clinching the division!

Namath: Congratulations to Electric Blue for clinching the division! M. Night Shanahan and Baller Status clinch a playoff spot with a win (and play each other in week 14!)

Romo: Peppercorns clinch with a win.

Marino:

Two games left before the playoffs!
hahah I'm dying.

I cant believe I'm going to win the division at 7-7. I dont even know if its possible for me to win it but its a fun gimmick

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

hahah I'm dying.

I cant believe I'm going to win the division at 7-7. I dont even know if its possible for me to win it but its a fun gimmick

Anything is possible. You or Braks will knock each other out this week. Lock Picks and Chem’s Cylons play this week too. Next week should be a little more clearer. And it can happen, Quiet Feet barely made the playoffs two years ago at 7-6 due to tiebreak and ended up winning the whole drat thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Anything is possible. You or Braks will knock each other out this week. Lock Picks and Chem’s Cylons play this week too. Next week should be a little more clearer. And it can happen, Quiet Feet barely made the playoffs two years ago at 7-6 due to tiebreak and ended up winning the whole drat thing.

Anyone who wasn't there should ask Econdad about it, repeatedly if necessary.