Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are multivitamins a scam?
Yes
No
Goku (who notably does not take a multivitamin)
View Results

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I take a daily out of habit because I don't eat enough of anything, including vegetables. But I need to know if I'm being bamboozled by the Bayer Corporation once again.

Tell me, goons. Tell me right now!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

U want a habit switch to opioids they're definitely not a scam you'll feel better real soon

Good luck, bish.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Eat some vegetables op

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
If they're not in the shape of the flinstones, then I'm sorry to report you are being scammed. I'm sorry.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I think you poop them out before your body fully digests the pill.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Yeah they're a scam. Your body doesn't really absorb poo poo the right way from them. Plus, if you're in a first-world country, even if you eat a lovely diet, you'll get the vitamins and junk you need from food.

Obviously if your doctor says you should take a supplement for a particular vitamin or mineral, you should. Otherwise they're a waste of money.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Edgar posted:

Nah they make your cum taste like vitamins. :gizz:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Doc Fission posted:

I take a daily out of habit because I don't eat enough of anything, including vegetables. But I need to know if I'm being bamboozled by the Bayer Corporation once again.

Tell me, goons. Tell me right now!!!

they're not a scam but you probably don't need them, unless you're literally on an all mashed potatoes diet

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Horrorosaurus posted:

U want a habit switch to opioids they're definitely not a scam you'll feel better real soon

Good luck, bish.

Thanks for the advice friend :) I will keep an eye out for these next time I'm in the store!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Eat some vegetables op

I mostly just eat meat and rice left to my own devices. It's not terribly responsible and also I am turning 31 soon so I need to take better care of myself.

nullEntityRNG posted:

If they're not in the shape of the flinstones, then I'm sorry to report you are being scammed. I'm sorry.

They're shaped like regular pills and sometimes they make my tummy hurt :(

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Doc Fission posted:

hmmm. starting to think you're leaving out some critical information here op

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Edgar posted:

this is probably accurate tbh

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yeah they're a scam. Your body doesn't really absorb poo poo the right way from them. Plus, if you're in a first-world country, even if you eat a lovely diet, you'll get the vitamins and junk you need from food.

Obviously if your doctor says you should take a supplement for a particular vitamin or mineral, you should. Otherwise they're a waste of money.

But what if I want to achieve 100 percent of my daily values on everything? Is there a way to be a nutrition completionist?

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

🫡

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

if goku doesn't take multivitamins then what are senzu beans? :tinfoil:

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

hmmm. starting to think you're leaving out some critical information here op

the instructions say to take them with food but I don't always so I assume the rocks the pill is made of are just waging war in there

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Doc Fission posted:

the instructions say to take them with food but I don't always so I assume the rocks the pill is made of are just waging war in there

lol

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Probably, just eat your vegetables.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Horrorosaurus posted:

Good luck, bish.

I see someone else has read The Secret! (the secret is to take opioids)

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

dietary supplements are basically pointless for 99.99%+ of people, due to the way your body processes and expects them. unless you have some sort of diagnosed deficiency or are on some insane sports regimen or something it's just a waste of time and money to bother with them

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Take some zinc for strong ropy loads op

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
they are not regulated so you have to trust that the company you buy them from are being honest with the contents and dosage. i take a magnesium supplement to help with my heart palpitations and it actually works for the most part so go for it eat lots of vitamins fucker just pop em in you mouth

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I don't have the equipment to produce ropy loads. this is not a load-bearing thread

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

op is for sure interested in shooting strong ropy loads. absoluteley

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Doc Fission posted:

I don't have the equipment to produce ropy loads. this is not a load-bearing thread

Well of course not, you aren’t getting enough zinc.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
echoing others itt about eating vegetables op. the feeling you'll get after eating healthy will hook you and it'll get easier. then you can gently caress it all up again each time the sun goes down and you drink yourself to sleep.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Well of course not, you aren’t getting enough zinc.

oh I didn't realize op wanted thick ropy loads. broccoli or spinach is what you should eat op.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Be sure to slam some cinnamon, elderberry, and whatever other bullshit the boomers are pounding down like a miracle cure

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I've been unmedicated for most of this year and I did have a moment where I was reading lightly on the internet about what OTC supplements I could take to manage what I believed to be my tableau of mental illnesses. Then it was brought to my attention that I have bipolar disorder and you simply cannot ginseng your way out of that one :downs:

It does get pretty wacky out there though. https://psychcentral.com/bipolar/herbs-for-bipolar-disorder You can really DIY health with a little confidence and the power of SEO

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Pretty sure my vitamin Bs are legit because they turn my piss midnight rave N E O N.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Luvcow posted:

echoing others itt about eating vegetables op. the feeling you'll get after eating healthy will hook you and it'll get easier. then you can gently caress it all up again each time the sun goes down and you drink yourself to sleep.

How did you know what time I drink myself to sleep :tinfoil:

a mysterious cloak posted:

Be sure to slam some cinnamon, elderberry, and whatever other bullshit the boomers are pounding down like a miracle cure

this just sounds like a recipe for a bad cookie :(

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

At one point I took fish oil sups and my joints felt better after that but who knows might have been all in my head.

Have you tried to put them up your rear end?

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Luvcow posted:

oh I didn't realize op wanted thick ropy loads.

I have Tinder for this (raucous laughter, everyone stands up and claps)

Das Boo posted:

Pretty sure my vitamin Bs are legit because they turn my piss midnight rave N E O N.

ok but fr though? frfr?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
They are only really helpful if taken with food, but are only good as minor supplements, won't make up what you are missing.

Overall they are a scam.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 28, 2022

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
One snack bag of xxtra flaming hot cheetos has more vitamin A and potassium than your great great grandfather would consume in a year. Multivitamins are 100% a scam.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
I take a daily multivitamin and I've died exactly zero times. That can't be a coincidence.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Your fuckin FACE is a scam, op

Brad Pitt
Nov 7, 2009

:smugdog::smugdog::smugdog::regd09:

Doc Fission posted:

If you're tummy is hurting they probably have Iron in them. Find ones without Iron!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

they're not a scam but you probably don't need them, unless you're literally on an all mashed potatoes diet

Can the mashed potatoes diet include cheddar, sour cream, butter, bacon crumbles, green onions, red and white pepper flakes, garlic, orange zest, and chicken mushroom gravy? Because I think that’s hittin all the food groups there. :munch:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
there ARE multiple vitamins you can take that have an appreciable difference. I take a large fistful every day, stuff like citrulline, carnitine, arginine, Vitamin k7 mk2, fish oil, probiotics, etc.

The Centrum Silver type multivitamins are pucks of granite that will slowly dissolve your kidneys. The little packet ones from GMC will make your pee exotic colors which I would assume is probably :airquote: bad :airquote: but I haven't researched them much.

Can the mashed potatoes diet include cheddar, sour cream, butter, bacon crumbles, green onions, red and white pepper flakes, garlic, orange zest, and chicken mushroom gravy? Because I think that’s hittin all the food groups there. :munch:

:haibrower: The Martian told me that potatoes are perfectly nutritionally balanced so yes Mankind is designed, nay I say destined to live off Sizzler baked potatoes :patriot:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's dye, for your pee! I suggest eating a handful of the red ones to get a real rush in your boring life

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You're already at nutritionally complete with potato and milk, everything else is a gratuitous add on. This basically underpinned Great Britain and Russia's slavery until the potatoes got sick themselves and turned the slavery client states into oops-all-revolts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yes.