Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Sapozhnik posted:

well at least it isn't a mobile "game"

I spent a very large amount of my down time over the long weekend playing marvel snap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

The Fool posted:

I spent a very large amount of my down time over the long weekend playing marvel snap

it's p. good. very quick not least

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

these days i only play OVERLOAD. turns out they figured out games perfectly in 1994 and everything since then is just graphics

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol is overload what you call nocturnal emissions

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i played too much rimworld this weekend. my tribal start is on the verge of satisfying their wants as transhumanists

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

have you made enough tables to eat at?

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

theres a mod that makes it so eating without a table instantly kills your colonist lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

polyester concept posted:

theres a mod that makes it so eating without a table instantly kills your colonist lol

is it called Grammas house

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

polyester concept posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYhWj79Aubo

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

is it called Grammas house

no

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

truly, art imitates life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TIs1hMDV7U

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Welcome! You are an impid which is a race of devils who live in the desert, and can breath fire.

idgi this is just my real life

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

i love these

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shaggar posted:

i love these

this is my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erTECFASvRQ

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i have only ever played xcom
or rimworld in ironman / commitment mode

xcom scares me tho . not because it’s scary as such but because any decision means not making another and i’m afraid i’ll totally die and i do not have the motivation to start over

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I play RimWorld in reload any time mode but in practice I never reload and just restart when all my pawns die

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh the pullout method

just go all in

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Tried Streets of Rage 4 on sale - great aesthetics and incredible music, the "story" is appropriately dumb. I am extremely bad at it but it's still fun to put some headphones on and mash some buttons.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

i have only ever played xcom
or rimworld in ironman / commitment mode

xcom scares me tho . not because it’s scary as such but because any decision means not making another and i’m afraid i’ll totally die and i do not have the motivation to start over

xcom is fuckin cool though. there's a shitload of tension and especially on ironman such a huge sense of loss when you lose someone great, that much like real life, sometimes those we love are taken away from us

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

on the bright side, once the mental break ends they'll gain a +40 mood bonus from the cartharsis

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

i got a switch oled last night. poo poo owns. pokemon and breath of the wild own. what a cool, innovative platform

i could for sure do without all the smug nerds in the past week calling all the games i want “literally unplayable” on switch tho. i played doom 2016 and dark souls on it and it Works Just Fine. is it 4k 60fps? no. can i play now play dark souls AND mario kart in the middle of nowhere fishing town in france my partners mom lives in?

this dumbass gadget fuckin rules. i have not had any weird pokemon bugs and im sure they exist but not as much as whiny nerds say.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

the cool part about not playing video games from 2007-2020 is i havent had to listen to “””gamers”” in years and i highly recommend that lifestyle

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the new pokemon's bugs are absolutely fine. they're funny and amusing and serve to promote the game, however unintentional they may be

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

dioxazine posted:

the new pokemon's bugs are absolutely fine. they're funny and amusing and serve to promote the game, however unintentional they may be

it's mainly a bummer to realize it's in this state because the devs weren't given remotely enough time to make the game. the game itself still owns though

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/_autocouture/status/1597590200326049792

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

AnimeIsTrash posted:

this is the rimworld thread OP

should i play rimworld? y/n

is it available on switch and/or ios? y/n

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

ps2 stuff is really looking old

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

these days i only play OVERLOAD. turns out they figured out games perfectly in 1994 and everything since then is just graphics

Are you able to play for a long time without barfing? I really like descent, and I generally have an iron VR stomach, but Overload got to me.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

President Beep posted:

should i play rimworld? y/n

No. Rimworld is more of a thing to do when you have hours to kill than it is a fun game to play for an hour and then put down for a while. IIRC you're like me and do not have enough video game/free time to make it worth playing for more than a couple hours (to see what all the fuss is about)

If the opportunity cost to playing is 0 though, then yes go for it, it's fun (but you'll spend 10 hours to get the same "fun" as an hour of ghost of tsushima or w/e)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

another way to put it: if you want an MMO type time sink without the MMO part, rimworld might be for you! otherwise nah

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

eeeh. yeah, maybe not then.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Are you able to play for a long time without barfing? I really like descent, and I generally have an iron VR stomach, but Overload got to me.

On a flat screen? No problem. Descent was the first FPS I ever played and it doesn't make me disoriented like it does many people.

In VR I can do like half an hour at a time.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Casual Encountess posted:

the cool part about not playing video games from 2007-2020 is i havent had to listen to “””gamers”” in years and i highly recommend that lifestyle

why on earth would playing games also force you to listen to a certain group of people?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

best part of not reading a book from 2007-2020 was not having to read the book barn

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

now i tangentially wonder how TBB's culture evolved over the years. it's been there forever, but i've never looked

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the witcher 3 on switch is a technical marvel, completely playable/enjoyable for a game that wasn't designed to run there originally. i'm hoping scarlet/violet can get patches that get the performance up to tw3 level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i like books. i don't game nearly as often as i used to but that's mostly because i'm not unemployeed anymore