Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
We had one of these before, but it's been a while! A lot of folks making posts out here with newbie avatars or blank avatars and that just aint right. Lets fix that.

If you have a Stupid Newbie Avatar or your avatar is blank, post in this thread. People will draw you something of their choosing.

Artists will use your username as a basis, and/or the Newbie can drop a few words in their post, or maybe they've been playing Titan Quest on their steam deck and are really into that vibe and want to draw something related to that. The choice is up to the artist.

I set that picture as your new avatar for free because that's part of my admin salary and I have a quota to meet or they reduce my budget next quarter. Normal avatar rules apply: "Must be smaller than 180x180 pixels and no larger than 150kB. Only GIF, PNG, and JPG images are allowed. Images should be 'work-safe'."

Creators can get real fancy if they want, MSPaint or notebook doodle are fine too. Those AI things are popular I guess too. Make it creative...or don't, I'm not your mom. I reserve the right to pick ones I like more or the thread thinks is cooler than just first dibs.

Here is the previous thread for reference:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3971041

This thread will be open till it is closed. Enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

I'd like an avatar that either does or doesn't relate to my user name thx

DNE
Nov 24, 2007
I would like a bland avatar please, like a graphic for a forgettable B2B company.

kalanchloe
Dec 29, 2021
Hey! My username is a play on the kalanchoe plant and I'd love an avatar that relates to it! Thanks in advance :D

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
First two entries uploaded!

This is cool. I don't know what it is, but I know I like it.

DNE posted:

I would like a bland avatar please, like a graphic for a forgettable B2B company.

I hope it's bland enough for you. I also added archives and plat to your SA account as a thanks for volunteering to be avatar'd. (Archives also for pocky)

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Athanatos posted:

First two entries uploaded!
This is cool. I don't know what it is, but I know I like it.

It is, in fact, a lifetime supply of pocky

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Tree Bucket posted:

Oh well this is awkward

E-P
Apr 21, 2016
Sup

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Tree Bucket posted:

:tinfoil:

I'd also like to congratulate pocky on having a newbie avatar so old it had HTML in it which hasn't been a thing since the radium days.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Tree Bucket posted:

Athanatos posted:

Oh well this is awkward

Thread really delivering already

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
out of curiosity what makes someone have a stupid newbie avatar vs a blank avatar?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Pladdicus posted:

out of curiosity what makes someone have a stupid newbie avatar vs a blank avatar?

Use to be you could sign up and it would offer you a text box you could put stuff in. If you didn't you got a newbie avatar. You could put a space there and have a blank one.

Also maybe your old avatar got blanked for some reason, or a mod just cleared the newbie, or you bought a newbie clear but didn't want an avatar.

Sometimes when I see newbie avatars I just click delete.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Athanatos posted:

Oh well this is awkward

lmao

let's try this again, with the plant kalanchoe

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
did i get the transparency on this right

edit:
also this

these are for E-P cause that name is a blank slate just give that one to whoever seems appropriate for it

Deep Glove Bruno fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 28, 2022

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

Athanatos posted:

:tinfoil:

I'd also like to congratulate pocky on having a newbie avatar so old it had HTML in it which hasn't been a thing since the radium days.

I'm humbled, amazed, and glad to have radium ghosts exorcized from my account!

Thank you Athanatos, and thank you Tree Bucket for the very large amount of Pocky!

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Everyone in this thread now has archives access...being cheap is working out for you. (Thanks for contributing)

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

did i get the transparency on this right

Big fan of circle avatars.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

That's a classy af avatar/post combo

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
Yo

MrDizzystick
Mar 8, 2007

Pillbug
"MrDizzystick" (also known as "The Dreaded Mr Dizzystick") is from an episode of the runaway hit claymation television show, Gary & Mike (2001), where one of the titular characters is shown an educational video about the dangers of weed.

https://youtu.be/AdpU61hJDLE?t=262

It is a reference to weed, you see. :)

Apparently I have some sort of auto-generated Identicon or Gravatar or whatever as my avatar, but I have no idea how it got like that or when it happened... it used to be the stupid newbie. Probably more Radium tomfoolery.

McDutchy
May 1, 2009
I'm interested in a non-blank avatar, please! I mostly hang out in the OSHA thread around here these days, so safety-related stuff could be fun. Or whatever you feel like, I guess?

ghost house
Jul 16, 2007
One non-blank avatar please! I’ll leave it up to the artist’s whimsy.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

edit:
also this

McDutchy posted:

I'm interested in a non-blank avatar, please! I mostly hang out in the OSHA thread around here these days, so safety-related stuff could be fun. Or whatever you feel like, I guess?

Please give McDutchy this one, thank you.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
Perhaps something complementing my fancy red text? Or not, I'm hardly even an ideas guy.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Youremother posted:

Please give McDutchy this one, thank you.

Good idea!

MrDizzystick posted:

Apparently I have some sort of auto-generated Identicon or Gravatar or whatever as my avatar, but I have no idea how it got like that or when it happened... it used to be the stupid newbie. Probably more Radium tomfoolery.

Looks like you posted in D&D and came away with politics marks.

If we have plenty of art to go around I'll add you one!

MrDizzystick
Mar 8, 2007

Pillbug
Thanks! I'll see if I can think up some art to add to the pool for others.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
I wonder if an artist can guess what my username is based on.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

a Ghost House if you want it!

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I never got to thank whomever gave me mine in the last thread (or another one similar to it). So thanks mysterious benefactor, assuming you're reading this thread!

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Tree Bucket you are awesome, I've applied archives and no ads (I don't think no ads does anything currently?) to your account as a thanks!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
A long time ago someone made an "I'll draw your username" thread. Maybe an AV thread. Can't remember, but I got this gem which I had as an AV for a long time and I keep on hand.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Where do I apply?

Dredge
Mar 18, 2009
I'm game!

I have the most generic of usernames though. If I remember right, it was the name of my Undead Rogue in WoW back in the day I used to browse the game forums.
But considering my reg date was like 15 years ago or something, and my post count must be still in the low double digits, I'm probably still considered a stupid newbie.

EDIT: Seems I already have one and had it turned off. No idea when I got this one. Oh well.

Dredge fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Nov 29, 2022

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Athanatos posted:

Tree Bucket you are awesome, I've applied archives and no ads (I don't think no ads does anything currently?) to your account as a thanks!

Aww thanks
This thread solves the issue of "I like drawing but never know what to draw"

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

If I remember correctly, I got this username by randomly generating a few and picking the most incongruous combination of words. I am bad at names, you see.

Later I realized it makes a decent synonym for ye olde gelatinous cube, which is a bit ironic since I got linked here from Trad Games. Curious to see what it might inspire.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

hydroceramics posted:

I wonder if an artist can guess what my username is based on.

I Googled "hydroceramics" and this is what I came up with.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yesterdays Latte
Nov 14, 2021
Sure, why not, I'll let the forums decide what I have over there :)

I used to be a barista and liked the cadence of it, so it stuck even without the apostrophe between y and s there.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

Where do I apply?

I dunno if you'd love an AI-generated avatar but perhaps you'd enjoy something like this:

I can avatar-ize either one if you pick one but don't feel obliged, this took 30 seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Potrzebie posted:

Perhaps something complementing my fancy red text? Or not, I'm hardly even an ideas guy.

Dredge posted:

I'm game!

I have the most generic of usernames though. If I remember right, it was the name of my Undead Rogue in WoW back in the day I used to browse the game forums.
But considering my reg date was like 15 years ago or something, and my post count must be still in the low double digits, I'm probably still considered a stupid newbie.

EDIT: Seems I already have one and had it turned off. No idea when I got this one. Oh well.

OpenlyEvilJello posted:

If I remember correctly, I got this username by randomly generating a few and picking the most incongruous combination of words. I am bad at names, you see.

Later I realized it makes a decent synonym for ye olde gelatinous cube, which is a bit ironic since I got linked here from Trad Games. Curious to see what it might inspire.

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

Where do I apply?

Yesterdays Latte posted:

Sure, why not, I'll let the forums decide what I have over there :)

I used to be a barista and liked the cadence of it, so it stuck even without the apostrophe between y and s there.

These are the folks who could still use art if anyone wants to take a crack at it. All artist types welcome! You don't need that wonderful thing called skill, just creativity and MS Paint if you so desire. I'll be back in a bunch of hours to update avatars.

Edit: And the people who post after this too