Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
“namastay” ain’t no universe i ever heard of. they speak english in namastay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i dont know, your the one who claims ot be from there. thats why i asked you

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
namaste rhymes with paste

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

namastay sounds like a normal no frills japanese hotel

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i was talking to a nurse who needs to get her third vaccine for her job but she had chest pain last time and other members of her family had similar indications of myocarditis, and when I give the vaccine, having signs of myocarditis from previous vaccines is a contraindication

I do hate the blind devotion to the vaccine some of the policy makers have. I was speaking to one of them and she was telling me, see normally anaphylactic reactions to previous similar vaccines is a contraindication but she was telling me they’d rather still give the vaccine but do it in hospital so they could manage the life threatening reaction. instead of just not give it

the myocarditis may be even more serious idk, some dude died of it earlier this year here in nz so it’s changed our pre screening policy and we take it pretty seriously but i’m not sure what’s meant to happen if there is a risk of it. hopefully this nurse can just not get it

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

you know what else drastically increases your chances myocarditis

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
"blind devotion to vaccines" is only a problem if it comes at the expense of other interventions

unfortunately, the west has chosen a vaccines only stance by now. masks are gone, lockdowns are never coming back, but vaccines keep people from dying all at the same time.
and avoiding 2020 style 'morgue coolers in the hospital courtyard' footage is now the upper bound for ambition in western govts. anything better than that is a rousing success, and they're definitely not going to do more

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Public health is a personal choice.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It's a private-public health partnership now

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

absolutely true that in a better world the "devotion" to vaccines would not be a thing. and, yeah, if you're having serious adverse reactions not taking the vaccine is correct. ultimately all down to a lot of people being incredibly childishly selfish about getting vaccinated though.

not that being upset, or posting, about it does anyone any good either.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

President Beep posted:

went into the office today, per dept. head’s request to “not be 100% remote”. immediate boss hosed off at noon to wfh and told me to do the same

barf yeah i hate this poo poo. we've got something similar where the top management wants everyone in at least two days a week, even though in our department we literally cannot fit everyone in at the same time. fortunately nobody tracks this poo poo

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

echinopsis posted:

well yeah my 13yo groans about poo poo I do but that’s a “dad you’re embarrassing me” kinda way

I mean when we’re like 70 and the youth of that day hasn’t even been born yet starts calling us idk “the worst generation”

“dad stop horny posting”

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
no you shut the gently caress up son

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

barf yeah i hate this poo poo. we've got something similar where the top management wants everyone in at least two days a week, even though in our department we literally cannot fit everyone in at the same time. fortunately nobody tracks this poo poo

Nobody is going into our office in NJ, because it's horrible. Having assured employees that they are not tracking individuals, the HR droids are now extremely angry at individuals for not turning up to the office enough. Personally I think when all your staff are sending a very clear message that they do not want to go into that office, the company should listen, but what do I know

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
HR wants to remind everyone that the CEO bought these buildings so we can all use them, so we really need everyone to come into the office!

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Shaggar posted:

HR wants to remind everyone that the CEO bought these buildings so we can all rent them from him, so we really need everyone to come into the office!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
:thejoke:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
piss. tomorrow is office day. fail.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I went to the office today (to watch the us/Iran match) and it was good

I will not return until the next match

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I will not return until the next match

thats saturday at 10am

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ok not that one and idt they stay if they lose so sounds to me like the fates are keeping me covid free

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
i actually like going to the office and chilling out on the weekend sometimes. not like, doing actual work though. like using the big office spaces for nerf gun fights or video games or poo poo. havent tried this at the new place tho

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I haven't been required in the office since March 7, 2020. eat my rear end

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I haven't been required in the office since March 7, 2020. eat my rear end

you weren't really necessary before that date either

i kid. real talk though you probably didn't have to be in the office to do your job.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
job duties: look busy so your boss feels important

hmm, looks like we're gonna need everyone back in the office folks

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the new classism (people who can work from
home and people who have to catch covid in order to live)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Midjack posted:

you weren't really necessary before that date either

i kid. real talk though you probably didn't have to be in the office to do your job.

there’s absolutely zero real reasons for me to go in. it’s just people being dumb.

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
my company wants me to go in to 'transfer knowledge' to other people

and they're also supposedly installing 'concentration booths', so i can visit the office without actually talking to others

there's a conflict there. but i'll take the extra money for days that i spend in the office

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

EricBauman posted:

'concentration booths',

that term does not spark joy

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I was in a corporate meeting about 'Trust' today and the presenter's example for an event that decreased trust was 9/11.

I had to turn off my camera because I couldn't stop laughing.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Cloks posted:

I was in a corporate meeting about 'Trust' today and the presenter's example for an event that decreased trust was 9/11.

can't believe it was the cheap computer peripherals company that was behind 9/11 after all!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Cloks posted:

lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Lmfao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
that is the dumbest example ive heard in a minute wow lol

decreased trust for whom by whom

cause george w bush topped the polls for years

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

bush lied, people side-eyed.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it decreased my trust in the durability of steel beams

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
he talked about how we now had to go through security screenings and stuff like that

he asked for examples and I suggested "the other 9/11, Benghazi"

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Cloks posted:

lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cloks posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Cloks posted:

he talked about how we now had to go through security screenings and stuff like that

he asked for examples and I suggested "the other 9/11, Benghazi"

lmfao