Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
this interaction is stinky:

CCKeane posted:

I can't believe Yami is voting me. :(

Yami Fenrir posted:

I was gonna vote you for genwunning but now you're lying too...

##vote Keane

Yami Fenrir posted:

I am actually serious when I say that I think Keane is town because I don't get good vibes from him btw.

However I'm not really liking Clo this game so far at all, which kind of does collateral keane a bit:

This was around 3 votes which clearly weren't serious.

Oh I guess this is the pressure salad(?) was referring to

This post pings me something fierce.

Quick walkback on jokevote? Check.
"Paranoid" about b-? Check.
Oh and those reads barely count. Toal just hasn't explained stuff yet. That's not a scumread, that's just waiting on toal to explain themselves. And what exactly am I supposed to be distracting the thread from, jokephase?

As I much as I loathe the phrase cloaca seems to be trying too hard here.

For the record I don’t have a read of cloacamazing at the moment. They’re firmly in the null category

I think it’s weird how keane hasn’t responded to me. I’ve called him scum a few times. Now I don’t expect everyone to respond whenever someone calls them scum. What I find odd is how keane called out mona, who was responding to me

Third time calling keane scum:

b-minus1 posted:

Oh man you’re right yami has some scummy posts

Keane, hal, Maerlyn yami. Game over
Asking mona what he thinks of my scum list:

b-minus1 posted:

Let’s lunch everyone in that group. Toal, mona, wologar, salad, swhinn, plastic, what do you guys think?

Mona’s response:

Monathin posted:

I have never been right on Keane's alignment literally once, ever, to memory. Asking me about Keane's alignment is a fool's errand doomed to ruin.

That said if I'm picking one from that group today I am picking Yami. We still have like 48 hours so I'm not putting that down as a hard must-execute but that's where my heart is leaning.

Keanes response:

CCKeane posted:

LMAO this is a hell of a dodge.

Doubling down:

CCKeane posted:

No really, this is a scum post.

Mona avoids making a claim on my alignment either way, so neatly dodges a call that could be used later, while allowing for a "with a heavy heart I must vote this person! I don't know Keane's alignment! How could anybody know! Woe is me!"

It's a scummy post!

It’s just weird because I’ve been the one pushing the idea that keane is scum, and Mons basically said he wasn’t sure. If keane is scum, then I think part of the reason he didn’t respond to my callout is because he already said that I was town in an esrlier post. There are a few other keane posts that pinged me but this is what I’m thinking right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Votecount for Day 1

Monathin (3): Illusionis, b-minus1, shwinnebego, b-minus1, saladscooper
AnonymousNarcotics (2): wologar, shwinnebego, Bifauxnen, shwinnebego
saladscooper (1): Hal Insandenza
Maerlyn (1): Toalpaz, Toalpaz, PlasticAutomaton
PlasticAutomaton (1): Yami Fenrir
Cloacamazing! (1): Illusionis, shwinnebego, Toalpaz, Illusionis, shwinnebego
b-minus1 (1): Monathin, Monathin, AnonymousNarcotics
Yami Fenrir (1): wologar, wologar, Monathin
CCKeane (0): saladscooper, PlasticAutomaton, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, PlasticAutomaton, saladscooper
Bifauxnen (0): AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics
Hal Insandenza (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
wologar (0): Cloacamazing!, Cloacamazing!, b-minus1, b-minus1

Not Voting (4): b-minus1, CCKeane, Cloacamazing!, Maerlyn

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 03rd, 2022 at 11 p.m. CET -- that's in about 1 day, 20 hours.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Yeah like, Keane and Mona have both made some pretty scummy posts, and since I tend to think D1 with no info is too early to get any solid reads based on association, I'm good with hitting either of them and letting the chips fall where they may.

I think Cloaca seems townie enough at this point where I'm not comfy going for her today.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Cloacamazing! posted:

Yeah, I should probably ##unvote, my wol vote wasn't exactly serious. Although he did decide I was effortposting scum after reading a single post of mine, which I am quite salty about! Train your seal-reading skills, wol, they still need some work.

Binus is binussing, I'm still paranoid about him straying from the usual "Im town". There's a lot of people townreading him just from this too.

Mona is kind of a null read for me. I agree with them that Toal needs to explain her Maerlyn vote, because I really dislike that "I am casting my vote, but will not explain why!" thing.

Before anybody asks "Who scum, Cloaca?", currently no big reads, some scrumptious scumpings from Yami for distracting us with Pokémon talk and Toal for that votestuff. Would currently vote either of them.

This is not a scum post, to me

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

b-minus1 posted:

For the record I don’t have a read of cloacamazing at the moment. They’re firmly in the null category

I think it’s weird how keane hasn’t responded to me. I’ve called him scum a few times. Now I don’t expect everyone to respond whenever someone calls them scum. What I find odd is how keane called out mona, who was responding to me

Mona’s response:

Keanes response:

Doubling down:

It’s just weird because I’ve been the one pushing the idea that keane is scum, and Mons basically said he wasn’t sure. If keane is scum, then I think part of the reason he didn’t respond to my callout is because he already said that I was town in an esrlier post. There are a few other keane posts that pinged me but this is what I’m thinking right now

I generally don't find conversations with you productive and usually find them frustrating so I don't bother.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anyway I also think Hal is scum.

Vibes, you know?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I've never actually played with Monathin but I'm not seeing anything overtly scummy from him yet, so more null for now.

AN's case on binus is pretty bad (accusing him of no effort casing but binus is probably putting the most effort I've seen from him in awhile, which...I don't know what that says actually, someone hold me I'm frightened). Will give AN a closer look.

I do like the idea of Yami and Keane being scum, maybe with a side of Hal...

##vote Yami

I feel like Yami's been flying a bit under the radar, at this point he would have found some small little hole to poke into, his only real read so far is a kinda meh case on Cloaca.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Maerlyn posted:

binus is probably putting the most effort I've seen from him in awhile

Yes that is exactly my point

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Maerlyn posted:

##vote Yami

I feel like Yami's been flying a bit under the radar, at this point he would have found some small little hole to poke into, his only real read so far is a kinda meh case on Cloaca.

Not necessarily. I think if he was scum he would have no problems whatsoever picking and choosing something to push on just to look busy and prove how useful and active he is.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I like my vote still being on AN but I'd also be down with a Hal lunch just to get that sorted early for once

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'm not going to punish someone for putting in effort, it's also not like he never does.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

I like my vote still being on AN but I'd also be down with a Hal lunch just to get that sorted early for once

Yeah I think I'm more on AN right now.

So this is a follow along post, I think AN is following the thread but contributing little. I can see it.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Guys. We do this every time. If I'm reading as scummy to you, I'm probably town!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Guys. We do this every time. If I'm reading as scummy to you, I'm probably town!

It's not like, overtly scummy though. It's a lazy "yeah this'll do" kinda feeling, so I hope that's the sweet spot

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

It's not like, overtly scummy though. It's a lazy "yeah this'll do" kinda feeling, so I hope that's the sweet spot

Yes, agreed.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
i think an is always like this but i will shed no tears, i just think it's a waste of a day

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

b-minus1 posted:

Mona’s response:

Keanes response:

Doubling down:

It's from jokephase, b-. That's what it is.

Also lol at people trying to force more engagement out of me when I said I was gonna take it easy. I already gave my 2 cents about cloaca which was my biggest ping.

I understand how KB feels now I guess.

I actually find myself vibing with Keane's read on Mona rn. Not sure about Maer yet.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Maerlyn posted:

I've never actually played with Monathin but I'm not seeing anything overtly scummy from him yet, so more null for now.

AN's case on binus is pretty bad (accusing him of no effort casing but binus is probably putting the most effort I've seen from him in awhile, which...I don't know what that says actually, someone hold me I'm frightened). Will give AN a closer look.

##vote Yami

Oh there's the vote.

Not only did I literally say I'm going to tryhard less, my case on Cloaca is perfectly valid for day 1 imo, and you should know what me being disengaged means better than this.

This feels like deliberately ignoring context here (meta and otherwise).

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Up for it but rn I kinda wanna explore why Maer seemingly got aggressive on me after I poked cloaca

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Big fan of Maer going "Yami is going under the radar" with that being practically their only piece of actual content btw.

Feels kinda hypocritical.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

There's a hidden player and only you know about them....? You're telling me you have Hidden knowledge?

Boo

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

saladscooper posted:

This is the stupidest thing to build a read off but God something is pinging me about those emotes

:wave: Hey :wiggle: Salad :dumbgun: ping :2monocle: this

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I like effort Binus, not voting him today

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Toal I'm kinda suspicious of to be clear, seems like that could be confusing posting on purpose to avoid having to make actual alignment calls or content.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Yami Fenrir posted:

Oh there's the vote.

Not only did I literally say I'm going to tryhard less, my case on Cloaca is perfectly valid for day 1 imo, and you should know what me being disengaged means better than this.

This feels like deliberately ignoring context here (meta and otherwise).

I'm sorry I reread your posts but didn't see a "going to take it easy this game" memo, I can't say I've ever seen you as a disengaged player. I also feel like that's a copout for what is essentially not even that much of a "case", more like an observation and agreement with others that you are coming across a little scummy.

Also my favorite tactic by people who usually turn out not to be town:

Yami Fenrir posted:

Up for it but rn I kinda wanna explore why Maer seemingly got aggressive on me after I poked cloaca

Hyperbole (exaggerated statements), like saying I "got aggressive" on you after poking Clo.
I'll have to come back around to that and this tomorrow, it's after 4 AM:

Yami Fenrir posted:

Big fan of Maer going "Yami is going under the radar" with that being practically their only piece of actual content btw.

Feels kinda hypocritical.

I'm not sure how I'm "going under the radar" and "getting aggressive" on you at the same time, those don't seem to mesh.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Illusionis posted:

Toal I'm kinda suspicious of to be clear, seems like that could be confusing posting on purpose to avoid having to make actual alignment calls or content.

I agree with this (but I miss Toal playing and wouldn't want to vote her out today).

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Maerlyn posted:

I'm sorry I reread your posts but didn't see a "going to take it easy this game" memo, I can't say I've ever seen you as a disengaged player. I also feel like that's a copout for what is essentially not even that much of a "case", more like an observation and agreement with others that you are coming across a little scummy.

Also my favorite tactic by people who usually turn out not to be town:

Hyperbole (exaggerated statements), like saying I "got aggressive" on you after poking Clo.
I'll have to come back around to that and this tomorrow, it's after 4 AM:

I'm not sure how I'm "going under the radar" and "getting aggressive" on you at the same time, those don't seem to mesh.

I posted that before the game.

In the discord.

You mostly ignored me "laying low" until I poked Cloaca. At which point I suddenly became your top priority if your vote is something to go by.

Maerlyn posted:

##vote Yami

You have seen more than enough games of mine to know what my scum meta looks like. You've literally even admitted to never having seen me as a disengaged player, WHICH INCLUDES SCUM GAMES.

Your case is literally "Oh, yami isn't posting as much as usual and has only posted one meh case". That's it. It's day one and I think the case isn't even as bad as you're trying to convince the case it is.

What I am seeing here, Maer, is you being opportunistic as gently caress. You KNOW that my levels of engagement are not alignment indicative and yet you're trying to make it out to be. I also don't buy that it's your top choice for vote.

##vote Maer

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm just gonna guess that Maer's tendency to tunnel on me is transferable to Yami

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yes a Yami omgus case, perfect. Classic. Shaping up to be quite a game.

Illusionis posted:

This is the first and last time I'll defend my d1, just becaus people tend to both mark when you haven't and mark when you do it too much.

My posting is self serving to just mine and only mine sense of humour.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

Yes a Yami omgus case, perfect. Classic. Shaping up to be quite a game.

This is the first and last time I'll defend my d1, just becaus people tend to both mark when you haven't and mark when you do it too much.

My posting is self serving to just mine and only mine sense of humour.

I'd prefer if you actually engaged with the points made rather than just dismissing it as OMGUS.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I just don't think it's a fun direction Yami so I'm done considering mae today.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yeah well, I don't think being told "Oh Yami isn't putting in enough effort, must be scum" by a person that knows I'm an effort scum, as well as that the effort I did put in doesn't count is fun personally, but :shrug:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Let's set aside our differences and turbo Mona yami.

##vote Mona

What do u think of Mona case

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I remember agreeing with Keane's (I think it was) points on them but I haven't looked at them on a deeper level yet.

Will do after work since I'm done with that soon anyway.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’d rather until this hal keane yami knot. I think a reasonable strategy is to lunch them first, see how many scum we flip, and then go from there

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

b-minus1 posted:

I’d rather until this hal keane yami knot. I think a reasonable strategy is to lunch them first, see how many scum we flip, and then go from there

Did you read my Maer case?

How about we untie the maer cloaca knot instead.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
How about we lunch AnonNarco instead.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

wologar posted:

How about we lunch AnonNarco instead.

Why?

I thought that was mostly just a meme?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

Let's set aside our differences and turbo Mona yami.

##vote Mona

What do u think of Mona case

Is there a specific post you're referring to here btw?

gonna reread mona now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Yami Fenrir posted:

Why?

I thought that was mostly just a meme?

It's not. You can add their terrible binus vote to my initial point of "setting the stage to do nothing on D1 so they don't get scrutinized on later days".