Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

wologar posted:

It's not. You can add their terrible binus vote to my initial point of "setting the stage to do nothing on D1 so they don't get scrutinized on later days".

Okay, I'll go check them out too then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Monathin posted:

Hey Toal are you gonna give us your casework on Mae? Just keeping you honest here

Oh yeah what's up with the 180 there toal?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

Is there a specific post you're referring to here btw?

gonna reread mona now

Okay so is there like an actual case on Mona or something?

Half of the ones are carried over from a jokephase post that I really don't feel is damning enough to attract quite that much attention. Salad voted them based on tone which is like, alright for day 1 I guess.

Why did you vote mona, toal?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

I agree with this (but I miss Toal playing and wouldn't want to vote her out today).

Scumlyn post

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Let's set aside our differences and turbo Mona yami.

##vote Mona

What do u think of Mona case

This is still the obvious move lfg

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Yami Fenrir posted:

Why did you vote mona, toal?

I post about it, in the thread

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’m not a fan of dunking Maerlyn today. I have reason to believe that she is town

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

b-minus1 posted:

I’d rather until this hal keane yami knot. I think a reasonable strategy is to lunch them first, see how many scum we flip, and then go from there

I feel like this is a mischaracterization of the situation, particularly in regards to Hal. I don’t see how Hal is part of this “knot” and I think you trying to push us into a pseudo-thunderdome D1 is pretty scummy, actually.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Toalpaz posted:

Right next to your Maer case.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah I haven't gotten there yet, sorry.

Yeah okay, that seems better but I dunno. I'm a bit wary about the early jokephase votes (not because they're joke phase, mind you) still being stuck around.

I'd rather go Maer.

So anyway, what WAS your justification for voting maer before you did a complete 180?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

saladscooper posted:

I feel like this is a mischaracterization of the situation, particularly in regards to Hal. I don’t see how Hal is part of this “knot” and I think you trying to push us into a pseudo-thunderdome D1 is pretty scummy, actually.

Oh yeah I saw that and was like wuh??

But I thought it was just another thing I missed.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
That being said I also am not seeing the Maer case at all. Mona or Anarc today imo

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

saladscooper posted:

Nah it’s not scummy

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

b-minus1 posted:

I’m not a fan of dunking Maerlyn today. I have reason to believe that she is town

Cool, anyway.

So far I'm kinda suspicious about vote movement and sort of teamed looking actions between maer-cloaca and possibly keane, but really not sure about the last one. Keane is mostly because of cloaca's weird rear end question about the keane joke votes.

Dunno if it's maybe b- instead of keane there, or... gently caress IDK. I still suck at reading b-, would probably be a thing to revisit if one of cloaca and maer is scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I will read your cloacamazing case at some point today

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

saladscooper posted:

That being said I also am not seeing the Maer case at all. Mona or Anarc today imo

*sigh*

So the fact that Maer is willfully ignoring my meta to make a "oh no yami is lurking, therefor scum" case doesn't bother anyone?

No?

Fine, whatever.

I read anarc and I dunno about "setting up for doing d1" or whatever, but they do seem way too invested in their own survival. I don't know if that's normal for anarc tho.

Would still prefer maer or cloaca for actual info on other players, though. Anarc hasn't really done anything other than talk about how they don't wanna die.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Yami Fenrir posted:

*sigh*

So the fact that Maer is willfully ignoring my meta to make a "oh no yami is lurking, therefor scum" case doesn't bother anyone?

Hey shwinn, what do you think about self-meta arguments?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

saladscooper posted:

He’s part of the knot because both yami and keane were throwing shade Hal’s way yesterday without any justification. Btw I don’t think that alone is scummy because I love making drive by posts calling someone scum without elaborating further. But it’s just something I noticed that they both did.

Bifauxnen posted:

I like my vote still being on AN but I'd also be down with a Hal lunch just to get that sorted early for once

Yami Fenrir posted:

Up for it but rn I kinda wanna explore why Maer seemingly got aggressive on me after I poked cloaca

CCKeane posted:

Hmmmmm Hals scum.

CCKeane posted:

Anyway I also think Hal is scum.

Vibes, you know?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

shwinnebego posted:

This is still the obvious move lfg

Is it? How is Mona any different from the last game where they were town? Monathin is a very shoot from the hip no cares style player who is wrong a lot but puts in effort. I’m not even sure what Mona’s scum game is but their town style draws a lot of fire.

I’m looking to see what the cases are against Mona and there isn’t really anything there.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I like all these names getting thrown back and forth to get D1 kicked off, but don't feel like voting for most of them.

Yami Fenrir posted:

*sigh*

No?

Fine, whatever.

Well let me put it this way,

Yami Fenrir posted:

Yeah well, I don't think being told "Oh Yami Bif isn't putting in enough effort is being snarky, must be scum" by a person that knows I'm an effort scum snarky in all alignments, as well as that the effort I did put in doesn't count is fun personally, but :shrug:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

He’s part of the knot because both yami and keane were throwing shade Hal’s way yesterday without any justification. Btw I don’t think that alone is scummy because I love making drive by posts calling someone scum without elaborating further. But it’s just something I noticed that they both did.

Well what about bif then?

Also it’s getting exhausting always being the “let’s sort this out” guy but I suppose in some way I’ve earned that

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hal Insandenza posted:

Also it’s getting exhausting always being the “let’s sort this out” guy but I suppose in some way I’ve earned that

Fwiw you're not even remotely on the top of the list, but I still got too much trauma from goose mafia

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hal Insandenza posted:

Also where the gently caress did bif come from now?

This is mafia, not a player list calendar

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Maerlyn posted:

I'm sorry I reread your posts but didn't see a "going to take it easy this game" memo, I can't say I've ever seen you as a disengaged player. I also feel like that's a copout for what is essentially not even that much of a "case", more like an observation and agreement with others that you are coming across a little scummy.

Also my favorite tactic by people who usually turn out not to be town:

Hyperbole (exaggerated statements), like saying I "got aggressive" on you after poking Clo.
I'll have to come back around to that and this tomorrow, it's after 4 AM:

I'm not sure how I'm "going under the radar" and "getting aggressive" on you at the same time, those don't seem to mesh.

Agree with all of this

Yami has to be scum.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
On Maer, I don't see anything really scummy. That's it.

On Mona, they seem very similar to Song Mafia 2, where I was convinced they were scum for a while but nope, town.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Tbh I'm not really enjoying this game so far. I feel like people are just talking past each other for the most part. I appreciated wolo actually engaging with me far more than I should.

So far I still don't understand why my cloaca case is supposed to be bad, it's just lol no and somehow I'm sus for it. Then I point out Maer's attitude and it just gets dismissed and ignored.

Where the gently caress is the social part of the social deduction game?

Actually considering making my maf hiatus into a permanent one tbh

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Btw, we have another full day of this. Buckle up!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

wologar posted:

Btw, we have another full day of this. Buckle up!

Yeah loving lovely, that.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

b-minus1 posted:

Agree with all of this

Yami has to be scum.

Bruh

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Hal Insandenza posted:

Not sure about bif.

What do you think about keane and yami? They think that you’re scum.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I'm still suspicious of Cloaca, but if I vote her now she will make cub seal eyes at me.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

b-minus1 posted:

Not sure about bif.

Yeah don't put words in my mouth friendo.

Hal is just a paranoia "would vote", like I just alluded to.

Nice narrative yer setting up there.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yami Fenrir posted:

Bif was quoted by binus in the list of people saying they would vote me and/or I’m scummy

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

But yeah say I have to be scum when even admitting to not having even read my case

What is this clown poo poo.

I have enough clown poo poo to deal with at work, lets please not

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

I think he meant, what was the deal with my quote randomly bring there with no further comment or explanation on my involvement, at least that's what I was wondering yeah that was super scummy of Hal let's go get im

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

But yeah say I have to be scum when even admitting to not having even read my case

Can you make sure to mention clowns again tomorrow, I got a "smells funny" joke on deck but I don't wanna go over quota and have nothing left for D2

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Bifauxnen posted:

Can you make sure to mention clowns again tomorrow, I got a "smells funny" joke on deck but I don't wanna go over quota and have nothing left for D2

Oh no, what have you done! Narrative causality means one of you won't be alive tomorrow.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Not sure about bif.

Yami hasn’t pinged me in his normal arguing too hard for a questionable read that I catch him as scum with all the time, but it’s still early. The “changing things up” throws a bit of a wrench into it, but I doubt he wouldn’t still fall back on that as scum. PokeChat was a weird interlude though. His recent stuff probably bears a little harder look

Keane… I got nothing there yet. Don’t like the fall back on “vibes” much but that’s a thing I do too so not gonna dig too deep on that right now.

Do you think we are all scum together and they went for the early bus?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Whatever, I'm just gonna disengage even harder to spite Maer.

I'm getting legit pissed at this game at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Yami Fenrir posted:

People are allowed to call you scum. It’s part of the game.