Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Maybe binus evolves if enough people all call him town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

b-minus1 posted:

People are allowed to call you scum. It’s part of the game.

That is NOT the problem and you know it.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Tbqf the Maer case flytrap has exceeded all expectations. You've all played you're roles in my bit of theatre (I say it weird and derangedly and that doesn't come across in text very well).

I think anyone not catching onto it being a bit is incredibly scum content lurky. Except Yami because it's Yami.

Bif pointed out why it would be a stupid bit earlier. Even though her explaination is more clever that. I could have made up myself.

That is why I want to vote cloaca and Mona.

They're just like lil hamsters sucking away at the water bottle teat for some content to look like their investigating.

Player: 'haha funny mystery d1 post'

Mona cloaca: 'what is it's

Player: 'fufufu hehehe'

Mona cloaca: 'please, tell me what it means I am participating.,'

Player 2 : 'its a bit'

Mona cloaca:' pleaaaase what does it meaaaan I'm not scum and also maybe vote toal unless they spell out the bit'

Like this is clearly not a mystery right? Someone saying something and then stringing you along isn't mysterious or come across as a real case?

I quoted Mae's signup post for gods sake

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hm maybe Cloaca, but since Mona's return I've noticed he shares the same kind of knee-jerk frustration I sometimes get when people just don't explain themselves and act sensibly. Could be legit.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Yami, you asked for a slapfight. You can't be mad when I oblige.

(I'm just being cheeky, I'll address actual posts in a bit, I should pretend to do some work today but I'll just be rereading thread first).

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Mona’s frustration may be genuine but that does not make Mona town

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

wologar posted:

Hey shwinn, what do you think about self-meta arguments?

I think this was a rhetorical question but I remain as unmoved by self meta arguments as always.

Unfortunately Yami seems to be IRL mad for reasons I don’t totally understand and I don’t really wanna engage with a player who seems irl mad cuz it’s a massive buzzkill so I’m staying the hell away from that poo poo for now lol

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

Tbqf the Maer case flytrap has exceeded all expectations. You've all played you're roles in my bit of theatre (I say it weird and derangedly and that doesn't come across in text very well).

I think anyone not catching onto it being a bit is incredibly scum content lurky. Except Yami because it's Yami.

Bif pointed out why it would be a stupid bit earlier. Even though her explaination is more clever that. I could have made up myself.

That is why I want to vote cloaca and Mona.

They're just like lil hamsters sucking away at the water bottle teat for some content to look like their investigating.

Player: 'haha funny mystery d1 post'

Mona cloaca: 'what is it's

Player: 'fufufu hehehe'

Mona cloaca: 'please, tell me what it means I am participating.,'

Player 2 : 'its a bit'

Mona cloaca:' pleaaaase what does it meaaaan I'm not scum and also maybe vote toal unless they spell out the bit'

Like this is clearly not a mystery right? Someone saying something and then stringing you along isn't mysterious or come across as a real case?

I quoted Mae's signup post for gods sake

oh okay thanks for explaining, in that case ##vote toal

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

shwinnebego posted:

It would be really funny if you actually built a case on me instead of just saying "mona sus we should exe mona", which don't get me wrong is very funny but is not a good case. I barely tolerate that from binus and you are not binus.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

b-minus1 posted:

I’d rather until this hal keane yami knot. I think a reasonable strategy is to lunch them first, see how many scum we flip, and then go from there

Binus are you an N0 Ecco Cop or something

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

In the realms of actual casework: I don't think the pressure keane and saladscooper/AA(?) put on me feels genuine. I think that is pretty obvious based on my responses to saladscooper and i actually think binus' case on keane is really well thought out. I don't trust my gut on keane still (a fact that apparently got a lot of heat for very silly reasons) but at minimum it makes me feel a lot better about binus.

I will cool on Yami because of IRL frustration because I have been there before and it's why I had to take a hiatus from the game myself, so I'm going to try and let yami stuff play out a bit more.

I do not see the case on Cloaca. Right now Cloaca is reading about the same as song mafia where I notably massively incorrectly assumed they were scum. If I'm overcorrecting, so be it.

Toal's TRAP SPRUNG is stupid as all hell. Would not be surprised if town, but at the same time I'm frustrated enough by it to vote.

Illusionis is in my blind spot. wologar seems fine. Hal seems fine but I can usually pinpoint Hal on Day 3 so I'd rather not vote them early.

Bif is around, Bif is in my blindspot but leaning town for the time being.

I don't have a good feel on Mae right now. Not a scum lean, just still figuring out actual content.

Plastic is also in my blind spot. They seem to be chiming in with good sideline content, but that's a null read for me - it's how I tended to play scum back before.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

shwinnebego posted:

Related to Yami IRL frustrations but this kind of case pushing always sucks huge balls, it's very meanspirited and i don't know that i've ever seen anyone play the "just because someone is frustrated doesn't mean they're town" card in good faith.

pretty goddamn scummy post overall, imo

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah actually you know what who gives a gently caress if it's an OMGUS, it's day 1, that post is garbage ##vote shwinn

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I have no interest in voting cloacamazing, who is town

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Binus are you an N0 Ecco Cop or something

Nope why do you ask

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Monathin posted:

Related to Yami IRL frustrations but this kind of case pushing always sucks huge balls, it's very meanspirited and i don't know that i've ever seen anyone play the "just because someone is frustrated doesn't mean they're town" card in good faith.

pretty goddamn scummy post overall, imo

[out of game i'm sorry if this was hurtful, i was not intending to be meanspirited - my intent was to be dispassionate so sorry if that came off wrong. in game, if you think that's scummy of me that's obviously legit]

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

shwinnebego posted:

[out of game i'm sorry if this was hurtful, i was not intending to be meanspirited - my intent was to be dispassionate so sorry if that came off wrong. in game, if you think that's scummy of me that's obviously legit]

ok apology accepted. I do still think this is a scum post but I will not hold it against you as a person. it is definitely something I think people need to be careful about in games more often.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

happy to discuss further post-game if there's any lingering issues

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Who is AA?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ok here's my thoughts on D1 so far

faaaaaaart

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Guessing it’s saladscooper due to having AAs old avatar

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

After a reread I would vote Hal or Keane. I think those would be most informative flips (to me) based on what's been said so far.

I was gonna say I'm not a fan of the votes on AN (because it feels like low hanging fruit and I don't feel strongly that they would flip as scum) but refreshed and saw this:

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Ok here's my thoughts on D1 so far

faaaaaaart

... You're making it hard to say you should stick around longer.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ok but for real.

##unvote binus is definitely not acting like binus but also I'm ok not voting him yet bc effort.

Also don't wanna vote mona bc their reads seem genuine and their frustration is pretty town (from my perspective, a person who consistently gets frustrated when town and ppl think I'm scum). I get what schwinn is saying about frustration not necessarily meaning someone is town but in this case I think it is.

I have a work meeting now but I'll do more *actual mafia* after

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Yowza folks are running hot!

I will cool down emotions will a COLD FACT: Antarctica is a desert!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Maerlyn posted:

... You're making it hard to say you should stick around longer.

I'm annoying, but that doesn't mean I'm scum

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hal Insandenza posted:

Guessing it’s saladscooper due to having AAs old avatar

:yeah:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Yowza folks are running hot!

I will cool down emotions will a COLD FACT: Antarctica is a desert!

More like dessert, because they're both best cold. Am I right?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

More like dessert, because they're both best cold. Am I right?

You are not, many desserts are excellent warm, such as pie. Scum post, right there.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Ok but for real.

##unvote binus is definitely not acting like binus but also I'm ok not voting him yet bc effort.

Also don't wanna vote mona bc their reads seem genuine and their frustration is pretty town (from my perspective, a person who consistently gets frustrated when town and ppl think I'm scum). I get what schwinn is saying about frustration not necessarily meaning someone is town but in this case I think it is.

I have a work meeting now but I'll do more *actual mafia* after

k

##vote Keane

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I think the tactic Toal is using re: Maer flytrap isn’t necessarily scummy but her announcement of it pinged me

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

PlasticAutomaton posted:

..Several, really. For one you have monathin as town and scum. For two you're missing two players. What do you think of Maerlyn and Illu?

What do you think of Maerlyn and illu

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Illu hasn't told us to lunch all non-EU players this game but still disappeared so he's probably scum.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

wologar posted:

Illu hasn't told us to lunch all non-EU players this game but still disappeared so he's probably scum.

Ya wrong buddy

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Once again I don't like the people calling Hal paranoia on d1, I thinks it's an easy lazy way for scum to skate by, so with Binus on that.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I do think Yami has a point on Maerlyn's case, I've only played with him once, he was scum and definitely was not uninvolved in the game. Then again and I don't mean this as an insult Yami, using getting frustrated and upset was what you used in that game to bolster your defense, so kinda pinged by that. So inconclusive on these two so far.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
If there’s one thing I agree with Mona about it’s that Plastic could be under the radar scum…

Bleh, my thoughts are all tangled. More when I’m home from work.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

saladscooper posted:

If there’s one thing I agree with Mona about it’s that Plastic could be under the radar scum…

Bleh, my thoughts are all tangled. More when I’m home from work.

That could be the case but as someone who always sees Plastic as scum, he seems fine this game so far.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
That being said, Plastic, buddy, please post more. You're the one at risk of exploding now and we only have 27 hours left.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I'm fine voting one of ANarc, Cloaca, Illu, Keane and Yami today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

wologar posted:

That being said, Plastic, buddy, please post more. You're the one at risk of exploding now and we only have 27 hours left.

Why plastic, here? Can you elaborate on why you want to specifically save Plastic in what is presumably a zero sum game?