Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CCKeane posted:

Why plastic, here? Can you elaborate on why you want to specifically save Plastic in what is presumably a zero sum game?

Plastic has 14 posts, the lowest post count. That's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Plastic hasn’t posted much but I don’t see anything scummy in his posts

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

wologar posted:

But if plastic posts more, that would throw the explosion to another player, right?

So why do you want to specifically save Plastic? Is your read that strong?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CCKeane posted:

But if plastic posts more, that would throw the explosion to another player, right?

You noticed I said the same thing to Hal and Maer, right? As of this post, the other two players with the lowest post counts are Illusionis and ANarc, which I'm happy voting for.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Illusionis isn’t giving off scummy vibes. I’d put them in my null category with a slight town lean

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

wologar posted:

:hmmyes: If anything, Maer and Hal are at risk of being exploded by post count.

wologar posted:

Just remember not to be the one with the least votes at deadline!

Are thesr the posts you are referencing? I see a comment to Hal, but I don't see anything to Maer. Did I miss it?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CCKeane posted:

Are thesr the posts you are referencing? I see a comment to Hal, but I don't see anything to Maer. Did I miss it?

Yep:

Maerlyn posted:

Pssh, I've never been lurkwarned and don't plan on starting now.

Oh and I'll take the coconut gelato or whatever please.

wologar posted:

I was referring to this:

Maybe Hal also misunderstood?

Maerlyn posted:

ohhh well that could be exciting for someone!

Also so far I'm most proud of myself for remembering that your post did in fact mention coconut and gelato without having to go back and double check...Mind like a steel trap I tells ya ;)

I appreciate your discretion

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

wologar posted:

I was referring to this:

Maybe Hal also misunderstood?

Do you feel that this is similar in tone to the direct post you made to Plastic?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CCKeane posted:

Do you feel that this is similar in tone to the direct post you made to Plastic?

Absolutely. What do you think of Hal, Maer and Plastic?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

wologar posted:

Absolutely. What do you think of Hal, Maer and Plastic?

I think Hal is scum, I don't have a read on Maer of Plastic. I'm curious as to what gives you a strong enough read on Plastic to want to go out of your way to avoid a low post vig. Can you point out the posts you like?

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

CCKeane posted:

I think Hal is scum, I don't have a read on Maer of Plastic. I'm curious as to what gives you a strong enough read on Plastic to want to go out of your way to avoid a low post vig. Can you point out the posts you like?

What's making you think Hal is scum?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CCKeane posted:

I don't think he's had scummy posts this game. I've thought he was scum in all other games we've been in together, so I'm trying to remain unbiased here.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Illusionis posted:

What's making you think Hal is scum?

Vibes, obviously. I don't have a strong case, just like, feeling like Hals being poised while posting? IDK.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

wologar posted:

I don't think he's had scummy posts this game. I've thought he was scum in all other games we've been in together, so I'm trying to remain unbiased here.

But Plastic has very few posts this game, right? And most of those are very short, and many are irrelevant to the game. It's day one, that's fine, that's not necessarily scummy, but why is that sufficient to try to actively avoid plastic getting killed as a result of low post count?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Like, materially, what's the difference between Plastic and Illusionis?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

CCKeane posted:

Vibes, obviously. I don't have a strong case, just like, feeling like Hals being poised while posting? IDK.

You could trust your vibes and vote him

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CCKeane posted:

But Plastic has very few posts this game, right? And most of those are very short, and many are irrelevant to the game. It's day one, that's fine, that's not necessarily scummy, but why is that sufficient to try to actively avoid plastic getting killed as a result of low post count?

You're reaching, Keane. You didn't complain at all when I said the same thing to Hal/Maer and they had as few posts then. Why your sudden interest right after I voted you?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

You could trust your vibes and vote him

Yeah sure. ##vote: Hal

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CCKeane posted:

Like, materially, what's the difference between Plastic and Illusionis?

Vibes and what I said earlier regarding my past games with Plastic.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

wologar posted:

You're reaching, Keane. You didn't complain at all when I said the same thing to Hal/Maer and they had as few posts then. Why your sudden interest right after I voted you?

I feel like:

wologar posted:

That being said, Plastic, buddy, please post more. You're the one at risk of exploding now and we only have 27 hours left.

Is substantially more emphatic and has a greater sense of urgency than you posts relating to Hal and Maer, which are much weaker, with your comment to Maer being nearly invisible - I certainly didn't capture your intention was to give a direct plea to Maer when I read your post history, and I don't think it feels the same as your plea to plastic.

Importantly and relevantly, I can't see a major difference between Plastic and Illusionis in posts today, certainly not one that gives a strong preference, and I'd like to explore that.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CCKeane posted:

I feel like:

Is substantially more emphatic and has a greater sense of urgency than you posts relating to Hal and Maer, which are much weaker, with your comment to Maer being nearly invisible - I certainly didn't capture your intention was to give a direct plea to Maer when I read your post history, and I don't think it feels the same as your plea to plastic.

Importantly and relevantly, I can't see a major difference between Plastic and Illusionis in posts today, certainly not one that gives a strong preference, and I'd like to explore that.

Probably because you're only reading my post history and not the thread, where me and Maer's interaction on the matter was obvious. I wonder why you weren't paying much attention to the thread?

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
As an aside and out of curiosity, is the AA everybody is referring to Idle Amalgam, he had the same avatar as Salad for a while and I saw his name as Anomalous Amalgam in discord on another channel?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

wologar posted:

That could be the case but as someone who always sees Plastic as scum, he seems fine this game so far.

So this is the post you're referencing about plastic, right?

But, again, I'm wondering where you're getting a strong read from, when Plastic has few posts.

I guess where I'm hitting here is that it does seem really strange to me to be able to get a read on the two lowest post count players, to the point that you are willing to put effort toward one over the other. Vibes can be legit, for sure, but can you link posts of Illusionis' where you got pinged?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

wologar posted:

Probably because you're only reading my post history and not the thread, where me and Maer's interaction on the matter was obvious. I wonder why you weren't paying much attention to the thread?

Bluntly, because I frequently can only check the thread at limited times, and usually I just look to see if something is jumping out at me and then check post history to catch up otherwise. I frequently have limited internet access at work, and often I can't jump in the thread while it is going.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CCKeane posted:

So this is the post you're referencing about plastic, right?

But, again, I'm wondering where you're getting a strong read from, when Plastic has few posts.

I guess where I'm hitting here is that it does seem really strange to me to be able to get a read on the two lowest post count players, to the point that you are willing to put effort toward one over the other. Vibes can be legit, for sure, but can you link posts of Illusionis' where you got pinged?

You are the only one talking about "strong reads". It's funny how you keep repeating that phrase as if to say later "hey guys, remember wologar's ~strong read~ on Plastic?" I don't think you're arguing this on good faith.

So, allow me to channel my inner binus here: SCUM SHOOK.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Man I went back and read it in context and I still don't think it was nearly as empathic as the post to Plastic.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Feeling better about Mona on reading further posting, seems to be doing actual casing and seems similar to Song mafia ##unvote

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

wologar posted:

You are the only one talking about "strong reads". It's funny how you keep repeating that phrase as if to say later "hey guys, remember wologar's ~strong read~ on Plastic?" I don't think you're arguing this on good faith.

Okay, so let's replace strong read with relative read, which is objective.

You have a relatively townier read on Plastic than Illusions, let's explore that.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Illusionis posted:

Feeling better about Mona on reading further posting, seems to be doing actual casing and seems similar to Song mafia ##unvote

Nice

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

wologar posted:

:getin:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Alright, well, I think I'm voting wologar. Here's my logic:

wologar posted:

Friends! I have it on good authority that the crewmate with the least number of posts will EXPLODE the following day.

Please say no to floating limbs. Think of the janitor.

So this feels like an active ability that wologar has. Maybe wologar can vig kill the lowest poster? Or something similar? Who knows!

But I do think this is real.

So who has this information, right? There's not a post from HCT. I didn't get a bomb warning in my PM. So I think wologar is trying to put a veil over an ability to add a layer of passivity to a quite possibly anti town event. If wologar does have this ability, then concealing information from town is harmful.

Now the part that's getting me afterwards is the attempts to direct it - I'm was wondering what was happening there. I was fairly neutral in my original question:

CCKeane posted:

Why plastic, here? Can you elaborate on why you want to specifically save Plastic in what is presumably a zero sum game?

And there's a lot of ways to answer that that are really reasonable - "I think Plastic is townier than Illusionis" IS a VERY reasonable answer, and it'd track with Wologars behavior up to this point. But Wologars answer was this:

wologar posted:

Which I responded to with:

CCKeane posted:

And wologar followed up with:

wologar posted:

You noticed I said the same thing to Hal and Maer, right? As of this post, the other two players with the lowest post counts are Illusionis and ANarc, which I'm happy voting for.

So NOW we get an argument that makes sense - and if wologar simply said this, I think I'd be satisfied!

But the post here raises the question as to why wologar made the earlier "Plastic has 14 posts, the lowest post count, that's it." I can't track the logic of that response.

And, the BIG one for me, is that wologar doesn't just say "Illusionis is scummier than Plastic in my opinion" - wologar tries to deflect it by saying wologar did the same thing earlier, with Hal and Maer. It doesn't track with me - I think those posts feel different, and I think it's also bringing up another situation to make this one look better.

I think wologar is lying.

##vote: wologar

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

wologar posted:

I'd vote ANarc, Cloaca or Illusionis.

A narc's fate is sealed with illusions.

Wolo you stated that his was a real post, what is your reasoning for linking me and AN together here?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CCKeane posted:

Alright, well, I think I'm voting wologar. Here's my logic:

So this feels like an active ability that wologar has. Maybe wologar can vig kill the lowest poster? Or something similar? Who knows!

But I do think this is real.

So who has this information, right? There's not a post from HCT. I didn't get a bomb warning in my PM. So I think wologar is trying to put a veil over an ability to add a layer of passivity to a quite possibly anti town event. If wologar does have this ability, then concealing information from town is harmful.

Now the part that's getting me afterwards is the attempts to direct it - I'm was wondering what was happening there. I was fairly neutral in my original question:

And there's a lot of ways to answer that that are really reasonable - "I think Plastic is townier than Illusionis" IS a VERY reasonable answer, and it'd track with Wologars behavior up to this point. But Wologars answer was this:

Which I responded to with:

And wologar followed up with:

So NOW we get an argument that makes sense - and if wologar simply said this, I think I'd be satisfied!

But the post here raises the question as to why wologar made the earlier "Plastic has 14 posts, the lowest post count, that's it." I can't track the logic of that response.

And, the BIG one for me, is that wologar doesn't just say "Illusionis is scummier than Plastic in my opinion" - wologar tries to deflect it by saying wologar did the same thing earlier, with Hal and Maer. It doesn't track with me - I think those posts feel different, and I think it's also bringing up another situation to make this one look better.

I think wologar is lying.

##vote: wologar

I'll let the jury decide.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Illusionis posted:

Wolo you stated that his was a real post, what is your reasoning for linking me and AN together here?

I haven't linked you together besides being suspicious of both of you. If you're asking about "A narc's fate is sealed with illusions.", that's just a cute phrase to put you, ANarc and Cloaca in a single sentence.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Keane I'm not really sure why you're pushing this angle on wolo. Was it strange that they directly told plastic to make more posts and not other people? Maybe. If they were both scum, that would go in scum chat. So I think what you're saying by voting wolo is that plastic is town, but the only reason is bc wolo said they should post more.

I just think this whole thing is extremely manufactured and makes no sense.

I'd vote keane

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

wologar posted:

I haven't linked you together besides being suspicious of both of you. If you're asking about "A narc's fate is sealed with illusions.", that's just a cute phrase to put you, ANarc and Cloaca in a single sentence.

Oh that's what I was confused about too, why I asked if it was a joke post.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'm just not interested in keane, binus, or idk.

I think binus encouraging wooloos read is weird. I think that binus is moving with a purpose I don't fully comprehend at this time and it's pinging me.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

wologar posted:

I'll let the jury decide.

Not guilty, your honor.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Keane I'm not really sure why you're pushing this angle on wolo. Was it strange that they directly told plastic to make more posts and not other people? Maybe. If they were both scum, that would go in scum chat. So I think what you're saying by voting wolo is that plastic is town, but the only reason is bc wolo said they should post more.

I just think this whole thing is extremely manufactured and makes no sense.

I'd vote keane

Wologar, when pressed, offered a nonsensical reason, then deflected by comparing a post to Maer and Hal, then declined to expand on reasons why Illusionis is scummier than Plastic.

Plastics alignment is almost irrelevant here (if plastic were to flip scum, obvs thats something else)

But the logic and response doesnt make sense to me, so I think wologar is scum. It's cool if people think I'm scum, I don't care about that, and everybody tends to want to execute me every game because I'm very annoying so eh.

But I think a big thing is that town tend to have consistent logic and reasoning, even if that logic is "something hit me wrong on that post, and I can't explain it so I think they're scum". I pressed wologar on the logic laid out, and I'm not satisfied it was genuine.

I'd ask folks to consider how they'd post if they were in Wologars position - wouldn't you lead with "Illusionis is scummier than Plastic?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Ok here's my thoughts on D1 so far

faaaaaaart

Not buying this claim I'm still convinced it was Keane