Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

wologar posted:

I do find it funny that Keane's prodding came after I voted him. I know he has like 1000 more games than me, but if that's not omgussy™ I don't know what is.

It was a textbook omgus imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
But that's what I said in my confessional too! Are we the same person?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Cloacamazing! posted:

mafia edit: referring to wol's post, not binus

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I have other thoughts on the wolo push but I'm sleepy so articulating them is hard. gonna let it go a bit and then come back to it.

this, unlike toal's gambit, is not bait. if i do not post a case please feel free to blast my rear end on it

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Cloacamazing! posted:

Last time I checked, I had no flipers.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
*flippers

Not gonna give you an easy time, Wind!

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Hey everyone, just letting you all know I'll only be around sporadically for the rest of the day, as it turns out this game has caught me at a bad mental health moment as well (work-related, not anything specific to this game) and i need Some Time to recuperate. I'm reading the thread, it's just moving really fast and I'm not able to keep up atm. I promise I'll try to catch up at night.

Yami, I don't know you very well but nevertheless I hope the best for you. Feel better soon.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

wologar posted:

I do find it funny that Keane's prodding came after I voted him. I know he has like 1000 more games than me, but if that's not omgussy™ I don't know what is.

So this is also shifting away from the case and on to my motivations, right?

So wologar is saying my case is bad because it came after wologar voted me, but many people have voted me and I shrugged it off, right? So that doesn't hold.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Cloacamazing! posted:

Welcome, Wind! Wol is currently in the lead by 74 posts, how long will it take you to catch up?

*locks gun* Let's find out.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

I have other thoughts on the wolo push but I'm sleepy so articulating them is hard. gonna let it go a bit and then come back to it.

this, unlike toal's gambit, is not bait. if i do not post a case please feel free to blast my rear end on it

C'mon bif this is just a tee up.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote keane

And we are definitely not letting wind live longer than a few days. Wind you may as well claim now imho

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CCKeane posted:

So this is also shifting away from the case and on to my motivations, right?

So wologar is saying my case is bad because it came after wologar voted me, but many people have voted me and I shrugged it off, right? So that doesn't hold.

Dude, when did I say your case is bad? What I've said before is that it's not in good faith.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Also I dig Keane's case on wolo (as in I think it's genuine and I probably wouldn't vote Keane today now) BUT I'm confused by it, because to my understanding, keeping quiet about this "active power" or game info or whatever might be just as useful to scum as it is to town. In fact, if I for real knew something like that as town I would be all over posting it, inconsistent logic or not. I don't find wolo scummy for it.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CCKeane posted:

my sleep schedule is in shambles keane. i'm taking a nap. think me sus for it if thou wilt.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

Bahahahahaha

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Wait I mean

Monathin posted:

More like, your case will be a blast of rear end!!!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Monathin posted:

my sleep schedule is in shambles keane. i'm taking a nap. think me sus for it if thou wilt.

Says the guy who demanded I explain myself at 4 am last game.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
Sup
I'm in the middle of a Warhammer game but I'll catch up in a bit, when is deadline?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
25 hours from now

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
Ok cool, then I have some time to catch up later tonight
Cause I haven't been following at all lol

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

Wait I mean

More like, your case will be a blast of rear end!!!

it will probably not be a good case, that is true

Cloacamazing! posted:

Says the guy who demanded I explain myself at 4 am last game.

u kno what, fair dues lmao

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

saladscooper posted:

Also I dig Keane's case on wolo (as in I think it's genuine and I probably wouldn't vote Keane today now) BUT I'm confused by it, because to my understanding, keeping quiet about this "active power" or game info or whatever might be just as useful to scum as it is to town. In fact, if I for real knew something like that as town I would be all over posting it, inconsistent logic or not. I don't find wolo scummy for it.

This is a good point! So I think there's a few things here:

-I think town would be clearer about the kill mechanics as far as they understand them

-I think scum could easily use it as a means of killing without seeming at fault - after all, I couldn't control the vig! I warned everybody! But smh, smh, this person simply posted the least.

The second point is also getting me thinking, because I DO think it's strange to have a relative read of plastic as townier than illusionis. (At the time, Plastic has posted since). So yeah, I was prodding that, and I don't think wologar has a townie train of logic.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CCKeane posted:

-I think town would be clearer about the kill mechanics as far as they understand them

-I think scum could easily use it as a means of killing without seeming at fault - after all, I couldn't control the vig! I warned everybody! But smh, smh, this person simply posted the least.

The second point is also getting me thinking, because I DO think it's strange to have a relative read of plastic as townier than illusionis. (At the time, Plastic has posted since). So yeah, I was prodding that, and I don't think wologar has a townie train of logic.

Wait, are you implying that I wanted to save Plastic because we're both scum?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

wologar posted:

Wait, are you implying that I wanted to save Plastic because we're both scum?

No.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Cool.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hey everyone, I've determined that I am NOT in a good enough mental state to be playing mafia at the moment and asked to replace out. I'm, as someone called it, IRL mad enough to be unable to even relax/sleep properly and after having some time to reflect on it am letting it affect others way too much.

Sorry for snapping at anyone if you felt attacked. I will probably not going to respond to anything game related anymore either, as just looking at the thread long enough to write this is ticking me off again which really does not feel like a good sign.

Hey, please take care of yourself and respect for recognizing this and doing what ya need to do! 💚

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Wologar, when pressed, offered a nonsensical reason, then deflected by comparing a post to Maer and Hal, then declined to expand on reasons why Illusionis is scummier than Plastic.

Plastics alignment is almost irrelevant here (if plastic were to flip scum, obvs thats something else)

But the logic and response doesnt make sense to me, so I think wologar is scum. It's cool if people think I'm scum, I don't care about that, and everybody tends to want to execute me every game because I'm very annoying so eh.

But I think a big thing is that town tend to have consistent logic and reasoning, even if that logic is "something hit me wrong on that post, and I can't explain it so I think they're scum". I pressed wologar on the logic laid out, and I'm not satisfied it was genuine.

I'd ask folks to consider how they'd post if they were in Wologars position - wouldn't you lead with "Illusionis is scummier than Plastic?"

My argument is that there isn't a coherent or logical expression of why Plastic over Illusionis, and with something fairly substantially relevant to rankings. This doesn't mean that Plastic is scum - but it does mean that wologar took an action that is, in my opinion, inconsistent with how town would be expected to view the game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Let me use another example - let's say Plastic and Illusionis are tied to trolley tracks, and wologar is at the lever (we can assume Schwinnebago tied them to the tracks.)

A trolley is going to come, and it'll kill Plastic, but wologar pulls the level so the trolley goes to kill Illusionis instead. I'd want to know why wologar would do this.

Torturing this analogy, I assume suspect that wologar may have a brake lever on hand that was conveniently ignored.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

DID I MAKE A TROLLEY PROBLEM POST IN A MAFIA GAME?!

I DID.

YOUR HATE MAKES ME MORE POWERFUL.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

CCKeane posted:

Let me use another example - let's say Plastic and Illusionis are tied to trolley tracks, and wologar is at the lever (we can assume Schwinnebago tied them to the tracks.)

A trolley is going to come, and it'll kill Plastic, but wologar pulls the level so the trolley goes to kill Illusionis instead. I'd want to know why wologar would do this.

Torturing this analogy, I assume suspect that wologar may have a brake lever on hand that was conveniently ignored.

...WHY

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

CCKeane posted:

Also, the answer should be obvious:

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Cloacamazing! posted:

Also, the answer should be obvious:

:sickos:

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I'll just say that nothing I do can stop the trolley.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

:psyboom:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

CCKeane posted:

Well, this is a game which, by mod admission, has a lot of experimental mechanics. Maybe wolo genuinely is in the dark as to how it all works. Though I do get being wary - I think back to SR in Opop's CYOR lying about their kill power being RNG-based...

And my perspective on the second point is that as scum I would prefer the chaos of extra unexplained deaths to giving town more info, but idk

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

CCKeane posted:

DID I MAKE A TROLLEY PROBLEM POST IN A MAFIA GAME?!

I DID.

YOUR HATE MAKES ME MORE POWERFUL.

the "inaction is action" point doesn't really work in mafia cause like, you wouldn't be visiting plastic in that case now would you

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Keane couldn’t wait to unvote hal lol

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I'll say one other thing. Show me one post where I've said I have any sort of killing power. I haven't.

I have already breadcrumbed my role and it has nothing to do with killing... as far as I know! Salad is right when saying that I'm mostly in the dark about things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Wologar is at the top of my town list